Dare Devils

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm sure there is but is it a wise move?

Playing the PPCs at their own game may be fun but one day, it may backfire.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

The problem with this approach it gives the PPC's a reason to approach the landowners, offering their services. We are against the stupid unjustified amounts these companies try and charge for basically not doing anything for the money they receive. As a whole most people who receive these charges have a legitimate reason to be parked.

I can't see how a camera catching people for overstaying in a car park is managing said car park. It gives you a set time to enter and leave. However while your in there you could actually park sideways over 3 bays and not receive a charge. On foot patrols give a little more control but if these companies are paying someone to be there, then they must encourage them to have little or no tolerance, to make it pay.

I have never received a charge as a driver, I did have a fleet of vehicles so had a few as a keeper, but the reason I have never had a charge is because its not really to difficult not to get one. If I go somewhere and the time limit is to low, then I simply go elsewhere. Having said that here in Liverpool we are not known for our tolerance, if we think something aint right, so we don't have many PPC's around.

I don't think abusing a landowners rights over their land is the right way to fight these companies.

I agree with what you are saying. I've only ever had a couple of tickets, and in each case, I never felt as though I'd purposely absued a parking situation but did feel as though the managing PPC were abusing it with extortionate charges.

The first I had was when an area I had used for years errected signs over night, not very prominent either. The security guard then watched me take my disabled dad out of the car and into a wheel chair. I also had 2 young kids with me. He watched me walk away without a word. He could and should, in the name of decency, alerted me to the signs. I got and payed for a £60 ticket.