• Tweets

• Makers of insect-based animal feed hope to be able to compete with soybeans on price.View the full article
    • Thank you for posting up the results from the sar. The PCN is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. Under Section 9 [2][a] they are supposed to specify the parking time. the photographs show your car in motion both entering and leaving the car park thus not parking. If you have to do a Witness Statement later should they finally take you to Court you will have to continue to state that even though you stayed there for several hours in a small car park and the difference between the ANPR times and the actual parking period may only be a matter of a few minutes  nevertheless the CEL have failed to comply with the Act by failing to specify the parking period. However it looks as if your appeal revealed you were the driver the deficient PCN will not help you as the driver. I suspect that it may have been an appeal from the pub that meant that CEL offered you partly a way out  by allowing you to claim you had made an error in registering your vehicle reg. number . This enabled them to reduce the charge to £20 despite them acknowledging that you hadn't registered at all. We have not seen the signs in the car park yet so we do not what is said on them and all the signs say the same thing. It would be unusual for a pub to have  a Permit Holders Only sign which may discourage casual motorists from stopping there. But if that is the sign then as it prohibits any one who doesn't have a permit, then it cannot form a contract with motorists though it may depend on how the signs are worded.
    • Defence and Counterclaim Claim number XXX Claimant Civil Enforcement Limited Defendant XXXXXXXXXXXXX   How much of the claim do you dispute? I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.   Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it? No, for other reasons.   Defence 1. The Defendant is the recorded keeper of XXXXXXX  2. It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant. 3. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 4. In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant. 5. The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 6. In a further abuse of the legal process the Claimant is claiming £50 legal representative's costs, even though they have no legal representative. 7. The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all. Signed I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true XXXXXXXXXXX 01/05/2024   Defendant's date of birth XXXXXXXXXX   Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you  
    • pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’.  Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time.  You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID.  You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.<<**IMPORTANT**  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.
    • well post it here as a text in a the msg reply half of it is blanked out. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

ANPR Preston H&S Litigation services - claim form received? **Won at POPLA**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3737 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi esmerobbo

How do i PM you ?

I'll send you my appeal with photos etc

And scans of the invoices, ticket and letters

Thanks

While PM's are not the way we like to deal with things, you click the users name and this takes you to their profile. You can message from there.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

you cant

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry me again I've went to PM esmerobbo

Dont see any way of attaching docs or scans Managed to do it on here with Go Advanced

Cant see that option sorry for being thick

ta

Jus upload them to somewhere like photobucket and send the link by pm.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Oh dear oh dear ANPR have given you a code XXX3193ZZZ todays code would be XXX3483ZZZ that is 29 days POPLA has timed out.

I have looked over your POPLA appeal it waffles a bit but you hit all the points to win.

However POPLA won't accept it!

You have the dated letter and the envelope with the post date to prove they have been deceitful it needs to be brought to the BPA's and the DVLA's attention that this company is acting way out of line.

Hi

You have left a few personal details within the above attachments so i have unapproved them for now. Once you have covered up your name and address and reference numbers, repost and I (or one of the team) will check to make sure all is ok.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

Yes that was my thoughs .I'll copy the ANPR letter with the popla code on it and send that as well, pointing out the ANPR way of doning things !maybe they'll be full of christmas cheer and allow it .If not they'll be full of Something else

I've see some of these rejection letter's from ANPR with the code disguised as a verification number to contact ANPR with ..But they seem to be sending the rejection letter with nothing now

No doubt the POPLA drones will be on "Computer says no"

Any one got names to complain to at BPA and DVLA

I suppose after that it's sit back and wait ,Should i be writing to ANPR to tell them put up or shut up

Nah you will win at POPLA with the genuine loss, I had a quick look on street view at the location is it were the Barclays bank is? If so it must be a honey pot for them especially when they were allowed to clamp. The signs are up on the first floor walls.

DVLA : [email protected]

BPA: [email protected] = Steve Clark

I wouldnt worry about whether you win or not, it is the Code of Practice being followed that is important, you have done the right thing and they havent. That will count for a lot should the goons actually want to take it further and I dont think they will as it would be financial suicide so start issuing CC summonses after committing fraud.

You wont need to win, and if I was a betting man I would wager that they just drop this. If they were stupid enough to go near a court with this I suspect their representative would be going home with one more backside then they arrived at court with.

Remember who you are dealing with these are ex clampers, who in their time have clamped doctors, nurses, delivery vans, and works vans. Who all had a right to be where they where but had to pay to be released. They have simply moved their bullying tactics on to issuing charges.

The owner of this company was in the press saying he was going to sue the government for taking away his livelihood, when they banned clamping.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-14586933

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1347597/Clamping-bosss-4m-payout-bid-Government-claiming-new-anti-cowboy-rules-ruin-business.html

• 4 weeks later...

On what basis did you appeal to POPLA? Take no notice of their claim that everything is fair and compliant as we know its not, and goes to prove what lies they tell. Go through their points and if there wrong rebut them and send it to POPLA.

Your main approach to POPLA should have been the charge not being a genuine loss. However everything else you can add will not cause any harm.

Regarding them saying the signs are compliant, having actually seen this car park it does not come anywhere near compliant. The signs still claim to clamp, however they have been known to resign the car park and send the photos to POPLA after the event.

Hi

Yes they have resigned part of it . but they still have a clamping sign on a wall .This was the old sign from the carkpark which they have moved..

Did i send you my Appeal by PM ?

The point's of my appeal where Not a genuine pre-estimate of loss,the signs are unclear ,they have failed to follow POFA,they hold no contract and lack of response re popla code

They are also claiming the charge is fairand listed the running costs of the business salaries,NI for staff ,printing, postage etc etc .They also quoting lots of court cases

its worth looking at