PCN from Euro Car parks - I don't think I have a defence...HELP!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3775 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have recently received a PCN from Euro Car Parks.

It all looks very official and states the date of issue and the letter date (5 days difference).

there are photos of my licence plate.

It says I was parked too long (101 mins too long) in the car park of a retail park.

I had been in Mothercare, Toys R Us, B and M, Poundland, Aldi, Wicks and PC World/Currys, as well as stopping off for some lunch.

All this, with my 5 year old in tow.

So yes, as you can see, it is possible to spend a whopping 5 odd hours in this hellhole!

I am supposed to pay up 90 quid, or 40 is I pay within 14 days.

I didn't see the signs saying max stay was 3 hours, although they are reasonably well displayed.

As far as I can see, I don't have a leg to stand on, yet if I am reading the posts right about this company,

i should ignore this fine and any subsequent threats or letters.

CAN YOU PLEASE CONFIRM THAT THIS IS THE ACTION TO TAKE.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

should I write to them?

Should I say that I was not the driver?

seen this as a successful defence,

although my partner is the only other driver on the insurance

so I don't want it coming back to him!

I don't have receipts for the purchases I made, and in some shops I didn't buy anything-

it was an opportunity to see what my son would like for Christmas.

I really don't know what to say - I don't like lying, but not seeing the signs (which are reasonably well displayed) is my truthful answer

- and it sounds rubbish!

NO!

There is no need to lie!!!

Not seeing the signs is perfect, and say you were a shopper, it doesnt matter that its rubbish as it will be rejected.

So when you get your rejection there will be a code for an independent appeal on the letter (or should be), we can help you win on legal terms

Get that letter in the post and let us know when you get a reply

It is the parking co that dont really have a case, Euro car parks often get things wrong with their own procedures so they are not really that scary if you dont panic.

It would help to know whether there is an indication of who acvtually owns the car park, it it part of a single store or one of these multi-retail developments? If the latter it is usually a little more complicated but the stores themselves can be helpful as they often hate these parking restrictions as it costs them business.

No doubt if you spent 5 hours you will have spent some money and have receipts? If so enclose copies of them with your appeal you then have a better chance of them cancelling, however if they don't see sense you can then win at POPLA.

Euro are one of the tamer PPC's relying on the percentage they get paid rather then chase people through county courts. (at a loss even if successful)

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have now received a POPLA reference number. I can't find evidence anywhere of spending money that day in the form of bank statements or receipts. What should I do now? Please help, I am really worried that I took the wrong advice and should just have paid up in the first place!:|

Edited by aquamarina71

The appeal to the parking company will always get rejected because they want to panic you. your now thinking, "have I done the right thing", "wish I had paid" . This is the reaction they want. You were parked in a free car park loss to them nothing.

Your reply to POPLA will receive the attention of very experienced CAGGERS who will help. Try not to panic it will be OK.

Hi, I have now received a POPLA reference number which is ##########. I can't find evidence anywhere of spending money that day in the form of bank statements or receipts. What should I do now? Please help, I am really worried that I took the wrong advice and should just have paid up in the first place!:|

I'd delete thePOPLA code....

Ok, standard defence to POPLA is that ECP have not shown right to enter into contracts and issue demands for payment in their own name.

ECP have not shown a true estimate of their loss so claim is an unlawful penalty.

any commercial justification for claim relates to bilateral contracts and you havent entered into one with them

OK, POPLA ref number deleted. So I appeal online saying what exactly? Thanks for the link but it was way above my head...

The code you posted up is out of date. Check the parking pranksters website yourself to confirm.