What Follows Post Work Programme Support ?

Beachy Head
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not permitted to post links on this forum however if you google Help to Work Scheme all the details are posted by the DWP. I am reliably informed that anyone on PWPS will be transferred to the Help to Work Scheme in April 2014. This could be another IDS omnishambles ala Universal Credit and the Bedroom tax so Flumps could be hedging his/her bets.

You mean this ?

Yes that it something that they say is available but the finer details such as who is going to oversee the community placements haven't been ironed out in full and agreed, the other bits are already available and in full use. It is current running under the Mandatory Intervention Regime it's part of my current job role dealing with post work programme claimants.

The ideas are there and ready to go but no actual details are available to those of us working with this claimant group they have until April 2014 to get the details finalised :o

Yes that it something that they say is available but the finer details such as who is going to oversee the community placements haven't been ironed out in full and agreed, the other bits are already available and in full use. It is current running under the Mandatory Intervention Regime it's part of my current job role dealing with post work programme claimants.

The ideas are there and ready to go but no actual details are available to those of us working with this claimant group they have until April 2014 to get the details finalised :o

So now it's called a 'community placement'. Who comes up with these daft names? It's community service lite and will make crime an attractive alternative to claiming the dole. The £71 per week JSA is one of the lowest in the EU yet you wouldn't know it reading the Tory press. Controlling immigration, making work pay and providing affordable housing is the key to reducing welfare, not punishing the victims of uncontrolled immigration. Income-related benefit and state pensions account for 80% of the £200bn welfare budget, so what are the Tories doing about that? This is an IDS omnishambles !!

Yes this is the scheme George Osbourne Anounced at Conservative Party Conference -its just a slight twist from a scheme of what some Area's of the Country Piloted in the Spring Called the MWS- Mandatory Work Scheme Which lasts for 12 weeks then my guess is if you complete that you go back to 6 months pwps and repeat the process over until you either get a job or get a long term doctors note which is normaly 12 weeks then when u go back to jsa you start at the very beginning when you first signed on -i know coz it started in wales over a year ago an my sister was at wp after finding it hard to get a job after raising a family on her own -she had a nervous breakdown which caused a panic attack and a massive asthmah attack and had to be injected with adrenalin then she got signed off for 12 weeks but went back after 10 and they said she starts again as a new jsa claimant

TJR JNR

I was due to finish my PWP around January and I asked the adviser I saw last week what happened between then and April, to which she replied 'Your PWP will be extended to that time'. I asked 'Is this because the DWP can't think of anything else to do?'. She admitted that even the staff didn't know exactly what was happening.

Yes it look like you stay at post work programme support until april then you go on to the MWS (mandatory work scheme) doing voluntary work for 12 weeks but it depends on how many hours u will be given as if you only do 1 or 2 days a week the jobcentre will expect u able to do sufficient jobsearch so u could be on MWS for upto 6 months then after that you just repeat the process with pwps until the Labour party get bk in power in 2015 an change it all again

TJR JNR

my 6 months PWP ends on or about 4nd January 2014. I must ask them what is happening.:madgrin:

If no-one is released from the PWP, they will have more and more weekly / daily attendees, which will limit the 3 minutes given to all current attendees to even less.:sad::sad::sad::lol::sad::sad::sad:

at least the post post work programme will require the government to employ thousands of extra staff to spot check all the hundreds of thousands of people out on the streets picking up litter, or doing charity work in Asda or Tesco's.

It will also lead a manufacturing revival, as each participant will need a orangey jump suit, reflective & waterproof clothing, boots, a litter grabber, rubbish bags, mops, brooms and even transportation to their designated work point.

buildings will have to be hired at each of the 2000 job centres to Marshall everyone (can your job centre deal with 200 to 300 people at one time?) when the start first thing in the morning, and are awaiting the transportation, and for a holding area for those not able to be placed, or those waiting for said placement.my job centre has a small office with 4 computers in, for the people without computers to do their universal job match, which is not big enough.:shock:

my 6 months PWP ends on or about 4nd January 2014. I must ask them what is happening.:madgrin:

If no-one is released from the PWP, they will have more and more weekly / daily attendees, which will limit the 3 minutes given to all current attendees to even less.:sad::sad::sad::lol::sad::sad::sad:

at least the post post work programme will require the government to employ thousands of extra staff to spot check all the hundreds of thousands of people out on the streets picking up litter, or doing charity work in Asda or Tesco's.

It will also lead a manufacturing revival, as each participant will need a orangey jump suit, reflective & waterproof clothing, boots, a litter grabber, rubbish bags, mops, brooms and even transportation to their designated work point.

buildings will have to be hired at each of the 2000 job centres to Marshall everyone (can your job centre deal with 200 to 300 people at one time?) when the start first thing in the morning, and are awaiting the transportation, and for a holding area for those not able to be placed, or those waiting for said placement.my job centre has a small office with 4 computers in, for the people without computers to do their universal job match, which is not big enough.:shock:

My local jobcentre in wirral is small they moved me to the large main head office jobcentre for wirral in birkenhead for Post Work Program -everybody on the wirral is the same they all get sent frm the local jcp with 3 or 4 computers to the main one birkenhead where the council offices are and its got 3 floors and the top floor deals only with ESA post work program and work program signing days

TJR JNR