Power2Contact

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a visitation this morning from someone from Power2Contact/Annoy/Harrass.

I was in the bathroom at the time so didn't answer the door. Found out who it was as they shoved an envelope through my letterbox with a card inside which simply read:

We called today to make contact with you regarding your account, Ref: xxxxxxxxx, the debt collector's name and a telephone number.

That's it. No information about who the alleged debt belongs to or anything else.

Many years ago, circa 2004/5 I did have two small credit cards,

one with Barclays

and one with Cap1.

I lost my job so tried to claim on the PPI I'd been paying for.

..to be told, sorry, you're in temporary employment we're not paying up!

Quick enough in taking my PPI payments though so my attitude was don't pay up.

..sing for it.

I know these alleged debts are well and truly statute barred

so more than likely the debt collector trying his luck to boost his commission before Christmas.

Until today, I'd never heard of Power2Contact but have read a couple of threads about them.

As far as I'm concerned they can get lost.

I'm not the type to be bullied, harrassed or intimidated by these or any other parasites,

so, if they do turn up again, they will be told in no uncertain terms to remove themselves from my property

or I will throw them off then report them to the police for Trespass and the OFT for harrassment.

Ironically, I keep getting junk mail from Cap1 (addressed to me) offering me a credit card :| Suffice to say, these "offers" go straight in the shredder :-)

Anyway, not worried about P2C but thought I'd share today's visitation.

Good ole Powerless2contact....

Silly little children, trying to intimidate adults into believing money is the be all and end all!

Send that puerile threat card to the OFT.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I would hazard a guess it maybe SB depending on when the last payment was made.

P2C as always are just agents and have no legal powers... (Boy i feel good saying that)

If you can remember the last date payment was made and it is 6 years (5 in bonnie Scotland) since no payment / written acknowledgment has been made then you should be fine to send them a SB letter, failing that it isnt

Send them a letter stating that their visitation rights are now banned.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

why don't you reclaim that ppi?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Afternoon all, would the reclaiming of PPI on a statute barred debt re-start the clock? Would the action be seen that a debtor is acknowledging a particular account by claiming back money from it?Thank you

No it wouldn't restart the clock because when once a debt is SB it cannot be unbarred.

Bear in mind though, that if the debt has not been sold on, the lender can still use the PPI refund to set against the liability.

No it wouldn't restart the clock because when once a debt is SB it cannot be unbarred.

Bear in mind though, that if the debt has not been sold on, the lender can still use the PPI refund to set against the liability.

Thank you very much