Lift & Glo Drained my bank Account - Help **REFUNDED**

loveanimalsann
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm not sure where I should post this but here's a brief outline of how I have been "conned".

I saw an advert online for a free 2 week trial of a product called LIFT & GLOW PRO (supposedly a super duper cream which instantly reduces the appearance of wrinkles and lines on its very first use). I only needed to pay £1.99 p&p for a cream that was normally mega expensive and way out of my price range. I completed the form and paid the p&p by debit card on Friday 29th March. As it was easter weekend the product didn't arrive until Thursday 4th April.

I was unimpressed the first time I used it - the packaging was cheap and nasty and the pump action dispenser didn't work properly. In a word, it was "crap".

On 16th March I checked my by bank account online and saw that a payment of £84.71 had been taken by this company.

I contacted them straightaway to query this payment and was told that as it has been a 2 week trial period,

and I hadn't cancelled the agreement, the full price of £84.71 was payable.

I explained that I had seen no mention of this on the order form and was told that it was "in the terms and conditions" on their website.

I told them I was unimpressed with the product, and certainly not willing to pay £84.71 was something which was no better than a cheap moisturiser.

I also pointed out that I hadn't had a 2 week trial as they took money 12 days after I received the product

to which the lady replied "well it was despatched".

She cancelled any future orders there and then (otherwise I would have been sent a replacement product every 3 months and charged £84.71 each time)

and said that someone from customer services would get back to me about my concerns.

I phoned my bank to make sure no future payments could be taken!

I went straight onto their website and right at the bottom of the page in very small lettering is a link to their Terms and Conditions

which confirm exactly what the lady on the phone had told me.

A further search online showed hundreds of unhappy customers who had all been "conned" by this company in a similar way.

Some people even cancelled within a couple of days and were still charged.

I received an email from customer services on 18th April saying that they couldn't get me on my mobile.

I confirmed my mobile and landline numbers. Lo and behold just after I had gone to bed that evening my mobile rang twice,

followed by my landline - 10.30pm.

I told the caller it was not an acceptable time and to call back the following morning. I have heard nothing more since.

I am really angry about this and want to take every action possible to get this money back.

The money they took was my food, gas and electric money for the entire week (I had to lend money from a relative to feed my kids).

I could really kick myself as I have never been tricked by these kind of companies in the past.

Can anyone explain whether I have a valid case against this company, as

(1) I did not knowingly give permission for money to be taken from my debit card

(2) the terms and conditions were not set out and explained clearly

(3) I had not had a 2 week trial as the product arrived 4th April and I was charged on 16th April.

Surely this kind of practice must be covered by some consumer regulation or another?

Any help would be appreciated.

Has anyone had there money back, from these **** people they took £169 out of my account plus four posting cost's at £1.99 each without my concent just not right

Has anyone had there money back, from these **** people they took £169 out of my account plus four posting cost's at £1.99 each without my concent just not right

get in touch with your bank/credit card company and insist on using the 'chargeback' rule. This is now law for distance selling. That is what i did and my bank had to give me back all i had paid and they, in turn, charged this corrupt company's bank.

Get in touch with your bank and insisist on the 'chargeback' rule. they have to give you your money back. It is the law. They ' in turn' will charge the sellers bank.

yes you must INSIST on a chargeback

keep going up the supervisor chain till you get it.

don't listen to any rubbish.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

chargeback IS for debit cards

read the link posted earlier

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well i rang the bank again and

they wont do anything about this,

i asked for chargeback said it was my right, and

they said only if you cancelled with the company fist

i didnt look at my bank statement for two weeks and

then noticed the money had been taken out, in dribs and drabs,

i am just getting nowere with this

they said only if you cancelled with the company first

VERY VERY WRONG!! of Halifax

get them to QUOTE YOU

the rule in the chargeback guidelines that states this

they cant..

go get your money back!!

dx

and they

oh dear they need reporting for this.

you can always call visa debit

they should do it too.

dx

and they

own thread created

dx

and they

you now have your own thread

rather than posting on someone elses.

dx

and they

I am going to fight this and get my money back thank's Dx will write a letter to head office for the bank and to the the people that sent the cream,

Well I got my money back all of it Thanks Dx and everyone for all your help, could not have done it without you, xx

well done

can you outline HOW

so others can follow

dx

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover its expenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

and they