• Tweets

• That is a superb WS. However, I have a few tweaks to suggest. In (2) "indicating" not "indication". I think to be consistent with your numbering, in (6) the Beavis case should be EXHIBIT 2. Do you really need to include over 100 pages of Beavis?  I think that would be likely to annoy the judge.  Just try and find the bit where they decide it was not a penalty due to having an interest in limiting the time that vehicles can stay. I'll have a look myself for this bit later as it's highly likely to be in WSs from PPCs who think that that paragraph means all their charges are valid always on every occasion. After your current (7) add this.  It's always useful to refer to a judgment when making a legal point - 8.  In the case PCM vs Bull, Claim No. B4GF26K6, where the Defendant was issued parking tickets for parking on private roads with signage stating “No parking at any time”, District Judge Glen in his final statement mentioned that: “the notice was prohibitive and didn’t communicate any offer of parking and that landowners may have claim in trespass, but that was not under consideration”.   In (14) if my maths are right the CPR request should be "EXHIBIT 3".  it is missing from your list of exhibits. In (16) the two figures should be £100 and £170.  They are entitled to increase fro,m £60 to £100, they are not entitled to increase to £170.  To make it clear for the judge I would write - 16. The Claimant has artificially inflated their claim for a £100 invoice to £170. This is simply a poor attempt to circumvent the legal costs cap at small claims. 17. The Claimant has also invented a second fictitious charge, for legal representative's costs, when they have no legal representative. You also need ot number your exhibits. The rest is excellent - well done.
    • Did you ever think of walking away? Become bankrupt and in 12 months it'll all be behind you. My feeling is that you may well get nothing from the sale of the property anyway. Going by the date this thread started it looks like eight years of arrears, lender's costs and receiver’s fees on top.
    • Just to clarify - I make use of evening legal clinics. It is not always possible to see a lawyer (they have limited time and days/week).  This means questions one has may never get answered or there's weeks between follow-ups.   To be really clear - I am representing myself; I am playing at being lawyer/ barrister - which means I take help wherever I can get it (and then research it thoroughly). Ae - a judge in a recent hearing pointed out the receiver is not part of my current proceedings - and suggested I have a separate claim v the receiver. Disclosure has presented damning evidence v the receiver  The receiver against whom I have a complaint is not part of the receiver governing body.   The receivership is in 2 names - a joint one.  My complaint is directed at whom I was told is the lead receiver.  The other named receiver IS a member of the governing body.  But he has now left the company.  And the lead receiver has retired - but is still a working consultant on my case.   All the evidence shows it was the 'lead' receiver who was doing all the  work/ the misbehaviour.   But if the appointment was 'joint' would I make a complaint against them both?    I am sure that wouldn't go down well with the other receiver who is at the beginning of his career. The law is very much against borrowers.   But the evidence against this receivership is crystal clear.   I just don't know how and to whom to complain.   The places I've tried so far don't offer much transparency       
    • Ok, noted, thanks again. I'll share details of every communication received just to make sure.
    • Yes. I sent back the PAP form stating they hadnt supplied the correct paperwork and that pdf is what they sent back
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Trollsicles V Barclays Bank

Trollsicles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a new one. the courts are obviously getting p.....d off with the banks. so this is good news i say.

but knowing good old barclays they will fax it through asap or pay up.

phone litigation dept on monday stating the order youve received.:D this will panic them i can assure you.

well done to the court though well impressed. :D

Thanks for the help guys. I have looked through some of the other threads but haven't found anyone to have had the same happen as me. (Ie. Filed the AQ but Barclays haven't.)

I wonder if the courts will give them an extention or what ever. Either way, I will get onto the courts first thing tomorrow morning and see if they can shed some light on the situation for me before I get too excited!!

Ordered Statements: 06/10/06

Statements Received: 11/10/06

Prelim letter posted: 11/10/06

Standard Reply Received: 19/10/06

LBA posted: 25/10/06

MCOL filed 09/11/06

Offer of Part payment letter received 09/11/06

Rejection letter sent to Barclays 13/11/06

Amendments sent to MCOL 21/11/06

Sealed claim received from MCOL 25/01/07

Claim received by Barclays 29/01/07

2 weeks to defend - deadline 13/02/07

I phoned the court this morning who informed me that they have now received an AQ off scummy Barclays so I will be advised on what happens next through the post. I am guessing that it will be the long wait for a court date now.

I do have a slight concern though that I have just booked my holiday for May and Im worrying in case the court date is while I am away..

What should I do? Should I write to the courts telling them of the dates for my holidays, just in case or should I just wait and see what happens? The holiday wasnt booked when I submitted the AQ so I didnt put any dates sown that I wouldnt be available.

has this happened to anybody else?

MCOL filed 09/11/06

Hi - And so Barclays struggle to keep up! Yes I think it would be a good idea to drop a quick letter to the court advising them that since you submitted your AQ you now hove some other dates you are no longer available for court: Holidays etc (I dont think you need to specify why you are not available just simply that you would no longer be available for court on those date. I think you need to do this sooner rather than later since if you wait til you have a court date and then find it clashes you will have to get it changed and that will be a pain.

Peter

PETER RABBIT V BARCLAYS Settled in Full 05 March 2007

Thanks Peter, will do that as soon as I get back in the country! I think you´re right, it`s best to let them know. I just hope it won`t go against me. Would not want the courts to think that I am now messing them about.

MCOL filed 09/11/06

Letter hand delivered to the court last night (after closing time) informing them of the dates I will not be available for court. Lets hope it's not too late for them to take them into consideration.

MCOL filed 09/11/06

Hi Trollsicles,

I'm sure that it will be fine -maybe just give the Court a ring today to ensure that the dates will actually be taken into consideration -and for your peace of mind. :)

Best,

Flor

Barclays current a/c: Settled £3,413.27 :D

HSBC: Settled £753.00. :-D

MBNA (bmi): Settled £580.00. :D

Egg Card: 16/11/06 Received letter -they will not pay the £200 charges nor remove default notice.

Please click the scales if I have helped you :)

Thanks

hi Flor, how long did it take for barclays to settle your claim? and did you have to go all the way to court?

08/02/07-Prelim letter & SOC sent to Barclays

22/02/07-LBA & updated SOC sent to Barclays

23/02/07-Prelim letter and SOC sent to RBS

05/03/07-Offer letter recd from RBS - full settlement, no conditions. Accepted

08/03/07-Paid in full from RBS:D

12/03/07-Offer from Barclays - less than 1/3 of the full amount, rejection letter sent with updated SOC:mad:

26/03/07-Claim #2 against RBS...Prelim letter and SOC sent (same account, more charges since settling last claim!)

18/05/07- recfd offer from RBS for full amount claimed, accepted!

25/0507-recd offer from barclays for full amount!!!! yippee!!! acceptance sent

26/0507-recd letter from barclays saying that they have closed my account???? help!?

Hi Mama Bear,

I am sending you the link to my thread so that you can follow what happened with mine: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/24134-flor-barclays-5.html

If I had gone to court today, it would have been because I had been missed from the lists and not because Barclays thought they could win -as they haven't yet appeared!

I'll look at your thread too.

Flor :)

Barclays current a/c: Settled £3,413.27 :D

HSBC: Settled £753.00. :-D

MBNA (bmi): Settled £580.00. :D

Egg Card: 16/11/06 Received letter -they will not pay the £200 charges nor remove default notice.

Please click the scales if I have helped you :)

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

It's been almost a month since I heard anything and still haven't got a court date or any further information from the court.

What's the average time for waiting for a court date? Does it normally take this long???!!

I want my money!!!!

MCOL filed 09/11/06

Stay cool "Trollsicles" i had to wait just short of a Month for my Court Date to come through, i spent the time getting the Court Bundle together then when it did arrive i could more or less post it straight off. (i thought it would show them that i was serious)! so don't worry, no news is good news!!!! stay calm.

B T.

Thanks guys,

they must have known I was waiting because this morning a letter arrived from the court saying that the case is being transferred to the Mercantile Court.....

I was expecting this, but they haven't given me a date yet, so can anyone advise me what happens next? I mean, will they write again letting me know or do I need to chase it?

Also, when preparing the documents for the court, is it the same as the court bundle or different with going through the Mercantile?

MCOL filed 09/11/06

The top link doesn't work Michael - is it the same as the bottom one?

MCOL filed 09/11/06

Thanks Michael.

I have been looking at Mercantile threads and info for a few weeks not because I thought my case would go to the Mercantile court, but I'm trying to get my head around what happens now.

You see, I'd practically got my Court Bundle printed off and all in order but am I right in thinking I may not need it now?

Could someone correct me if I'm wrong in my expectations and understanding in what happens next?

-Uxbridge County Court wrote to say my case was being transferred to the Mercantile Court.

-The next letter I will receive is from the Mercantile Court informing me of a 'Directions Hearing" (to find out which track the case should take)

or a "Small Claim Hearing" in which case I will need to complete the CMIS prior to the date stated.

If it is a Directions Hearing the case will be stalled longer and I probably won't get my money at this point.

If it's a Small claim hearing the it will either be settled before court or I will need to attend and battle it out with Barclays?

I will have to get my own CMIS off the website myself?!! (have seen examples of people not receiving theirs)

Would be very grateful if anyone can offer any advice from their own experiences or hints!

Thanks xx

MCOL filed 09/11/06

Anyone?!

MCOL filed 09/11/06

• 4 weeks later...

I'm hoping for some help on this one.

Received a letter yesterday from the London Mercantile Court saying that the case has been transferred and that there will be a SMALL CLAIMS HEARING IN THIS CASE AND IN SEVERAL OTHERS WHICH RAISE THE SAME OR SIMILAR ISSUES AT 9.30AM ON 8TH MAY 2007. tHE HEARING IS INTENDED TO GIVE DIRECTIONS FOR THE HEARING OF SOME OR ALL THESE CASES IN A WAY WHICH SAVES TIME AND EXPENSE. IT IS HOPED THAT ALL PARTIES ATTEND BUT IF THIS IS NOT PRACTICABLE THE COURT WILL BE PLEASED TO CONSIDER THE WRITTEN VIEWS OF ANY PARTY PROVIDED THAT THESE REACH THE COURT BY NO LATER THAN 1ST MAY.

ALTHOUGH SOME OF THESE CASESD HAVE BEEN ALLOCATED TO THE MULTI TRACK, IT IS THE PROVISIONAL VIEW OF THE JUDGE THAT THE COSTS RULES FOR THE SMALL CLAIMS TRACK SHOULD APPLY TO ALL OF THEM.

I have a couple of problems now.

1. I go on holiday on 5th May and wrote to the court informing them of this before it got referred to the Mercantile.

2. Obviously I'll have to put something in writing and need to have it reach their office by 1st May but does anyone know what exactly I need to write? Is there a draft?

I'm getting really worried now because I feel I'm getting way out of my depth.

Please help anyone!

MCOL filed 09/11/06

there is a letter in this link post#30http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/61142-directions-hearing-set-26th-2.html

claire

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

Thanks Claire,

Does it matter that on my AQ I used the old statement and not the new strategy? It's all confusing me now and I've only got 10 days to submit my request in writing.

MCOL filed 09/11/06

hi,

I dont see that there would be a problem with this as it is just airing your views as to how the claim should progress in your absence. and as it says they would be pleased to consider your written views.

Does anyone else have any views on this?

claire

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

Thanks Claire,

I phoned the court and they said I didnt need to send in any forms at all. They also said they would change the date to one when I can attend (17th May).

Is it still recommended that I send the letter in, and what about the CMIS sheet? Does anyone have a link for the whole sheet that I can actually use? (Is it a formal Court Document I need to download off the courts website?)

MCOL filed 09/11/06