Currys - LCD TV bought 10 months ago

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3843 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am just looking for some advice please.

My son bought a logik TV from Currys with his Christmas money last year and was watching it this morning when the screen went mostly white.

I still had the receipt so decided to take it back to currys for an exchange as I feel that there was some sort of defect.

When I got to currys

I went to the girl on the customer service desk and she plugged it in, switched it on and then told me there was damage that had been done to the tv

and started pressing the screen saying this was the point of impact.

I told her that there wasn't any impact because my son was lying on his bed watching it and he must have been 6 feet away.

I also showed her the photograph and said could she point out any impact from the photograph

but couldn't

so called someone else.

He looked at the bit that she had pressed and said it was accidental damage and not a fault.

I showed him the photographs but they wouldn't budge.

What would be my next step with this.

Reading the forums I can see I may have a fight on my hands but

to be honest I was fizzing mad at the way I was dismissed and the fact that they blamed him.

Would this be something that could go wrong with an LCD TV or could it be that something has been done to it in the days/weeks/months previously and it has just shown up?

I feel that she caused the impact point on the screen when she was pressing it!

Any advice would be appreciated.

SOGA. Ignore the silly woman on the desk. She is in no way qualified to judge any damage.

Currys are VERY well known for this kind of thing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So is the screen cracked? Is it possible your child cracked it but didn't tell you to avoid getting in trouble? I can't see someone cracking grass by pressing on it with a finger if I'm honest as it would take more force than that to impact the glass. They aren't easy to brake, I know from a previous experience.

The screen doesn't have a crack on it that I can feel or see

but she pressed it in, it came up with a big spider web type pattern

and then she told me it was cracked underneath the protective glass.

I felt it and said I couldn't feel anything.

I can't say that he is perfect because he isn't but I know he didn't do anything to it just before hand because he was lying on his bed watching it at a distance!

The thing I am worried about is that on the photos I took there was definitely no point of impact

and I feel that it was faulty and she made it worse and now taking it back will mean me trying to explain the spider web pattern on it.

Thank you all!

Did you take out their silly insurance?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

as the TV is passed 6mts since purchase

it will be for you to get it inspected by a reputable engineer.

once you have that report

then as long as it does not conclude it was caused by an impact

you need to return to curry

and get it repair FOC under SOGA or replaced or refund you [ that's for them to chose at this stage]

they should also refund your Eng report costs.

there ARE screens that are known to go at the corners due to stresses when built.

research the model number of you TV on yahoo

see if there are known issue or others that have had the same troubles.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...