repaying tax credits - ** RESOLVED **

foolmum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

its been a while since my last post but please can anyone help...i have now recieved an overpayments letter asking for 2400 pounds...omg....how. long will they let me pay back ad husband is on an iva and we have little money now.....i would be grateful for any advice xxx

the exact the have asked for after all calculations is 2350 over payment there was no breakdown... dont know why the difference from january....will have to ask when i phone..

where they ok when you asked to pay over a period of time xx

I rang & they asked what I could afford to pay - I told them that I have an IVA so any spare money was paid to my creditors. I asked how long I could pay over & they said 10 years so I am borrowing the money to pay them until my IVA ends & then I can afford to pay back what I've borrowed & continue paying TCO.

I could have given them an income & expenditure statement if I had wanted to pay back over a longer time but I just want it all finished with as soon as possible!

we have an iva...so i can only afford forty pound a month....two yrs left....just so worried they will refuse ... the letter asked for payment by nov....its taken since jan to get to this point...blooming mess....thankyou for your help xx

I would explain about the IVA & offer them £20 a month which will take just under 10 years (I think!) if they don't accept it at least you can afford to increase your offer!

I also said that when my IVA finishes I would look to increase my payments but I think I will try to save my IVA money & pay lump sums off the overpayment if I can ever afford to!

• Haha 1

its just sooo worrying we pay six hundred iva payment per month which only leaves us 140 a week for food petrol clothes and saving for christmas...sounds a lot but school lunch for my daughter is 12 pound...a wk..

but once the iva is done i will up my payments.....i have heard they only will let you pay over a year...cant do that xxx

• 2 weeks later...