Suspension pending further investigations

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I'll keep this as brief as possible...

I am currently on 2 weeks suspension from work following an incident that happened on the 19th. I walked out on after a customer was being verbally abusive and falsely accused me of "giving the finger" to her sister. The reason I walked out is that my duty manager seemed to find the incident funny and did not back me up, telling me to grow up.

The letter I have received from works says I am suspended for:

Allegations of abusive and objectionable behaviour towards customers

Leaving the workplace during the duty period without permission

I understand I'll receive a second letter telling me when to come in for the actual investigation.

TO CUT TO THE CHASE...

I wanted to know if I am entitled access to any evidence my duty manager has before the investigation? The reason being that I believe he is manipulating the events to have me unduly disciplined. I know I can appeal any decisions made after the investigation but I want to arm myself as well as possible and nip this in the bud asap.

I am also considering writing a letter of events and complaining about my Duty Manager's handling of them to my General Manager or possibly HR but don't know if this is a good idea or if I should wait till after the investigation.

Thank you so much for reading this far. I am at times confused and stressed by events and any advice would be very helpful.

before any disciplinary , yes. before an investigation, no.

Don't complain now; it'll look really petty. Rise above!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Having gone through this myself and watching the antics of managers, I know how stressed and frustrated you will be feeling, however I agree with Emmzi it could look a bit petty at this stage.

your time would be better spent logging all events leading up to this and building a strong case in your defence, sould it reach disciplinary.