• Tweets

• I understand what you mean. But consider that part of the problem, and the frustration of those trying to help, is the way that questions are asked without context and without straight facts. A lot of effort was wasted discussing as a consumer issue before it was mentioned that the property was BTL. I don't think we have your history with this property. Were you the freehold owner prior to this split? Did you buy the leasehold of one half? From a family member? How was that funded (earlier loan?). How long ago was it split? Have either of the leasehold halves changed hands since? I'm wondering if the split and the leashold/freehold arrangements were set up in a way that was OK when everyone was everyone was connected. But a way that makes the leasehold virtually unsaleable to an unrelated party.
    • quite honestly id email shiply CEO with that crime ref number and state you will be taking this to court, for the full sum of your losses, if it is not resolved ASAP. should that be necessary then i WILL be naming Shiply as the defendant. this can be avoided should the information upon whom the courier was and their current new company contact details, as the present is simply LONDON VIRTUAL OFFICES  is a company registered there and there's a bunch of other invisible companies so clearly just a mail address   
    • If it doesn’t sell easily : what they can get at an auction becomes fair market price, which may not realise what you are hoping.
    • Thank you. The receiver issue is a rabbit hole I don't think I'm going to enjoy going down. These people seem so protected. And I don't understand how or why?  Fair market value seems to be ever shifting and contentious.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Claim form received from Drydens - MBNA debt poss faulty DN?

tony3x
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Still trying to get all the docs scanned but scanner playing up so have got to try to get them done in work.

However going through the paperwork I came across something that may be of relevance.

The date of the default on my credit report is 04/01/10.

The date of the default letter from MBNA is 09/04/2010.

I have uploaded the DN and the CCA.

The default date on the notice of assignment is 19/01/2010.

The debt was assigned to Arrow on 15/01/2012.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no relationship between when a DN was issued and the CRA file default date, so nothing useful there

the agreement looks pretty std for MBNA as well.

very few claims today are ever rebuffed through CCA 'errors' so that's out the window prob too

I assume you stopped paying? why?

can you also outline these details please

can you post up the exact wording of the PoC on the claim form please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

looking at the DN

I think you might have something there

they have not allowed 14 days

sent 9th apr 2010

date to rectify 26th apr 2010

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

just to expand:

9th was a friday

2 working days [if 1st class posted - you need to see harrison judgement on this]

[if the env had a big S on the env thats 2nd class 4 working days]

so that means deemed delivered weds 14th apr 2010 if 1st class

14 calendar days after that is 28th april

DN says by 26th apr 2010

if it was a big S env by UK mail inc thats second class so 30th apr.

you need to read the harrrison case

dx

and they

Thanks for the input so far. I will have a read of the Harrison case. I will be scanning all the docs tomorrow so will have them posted tomorrow night.

Unfortunately I don't think that I have the envelope that came with the DN.

this all started when the crash happened and my income dropped by around 40%.

I got suckered into one of the claims firms (CCLS of all people) which went pear shaped.

I then started dealing with things myself and agreed a reduced payment plan.

The only thing is that I was still continuously plagued by phone calls at all hours and days.

I tend to rebel against this , they will not get another penny from me.

Probably not the best idea but too late now.

There was a lot of letters back and forth inc the DN.

I then just replied to any letter I received until just recently when I missed one, then I get the claim form.

My main bone of contention was that they would not confirm whether or not they hold a copy of the CCA with mine and MBNA's signature on.

At one point Drydens wrote to say that they have passed the file back to Arrow and they are no longer dealing with it.

You may get a better idea when I post the letters up.

and they

Date of DN is Friday 9th April 2010, this doesnot prove that DN was posted on the same.

In nearly all circumstances where a DN is served by acreditor, it is served by 2nd class post,

unless creditor canprovide proof to the contrary, the burden of such proof being on the creditor.

In your case posted here, although DN is dated 9thApril 2010 (a Friday), this does not prove date of posting,

which is the most important and relevant factor as regards such statutory notices.

Therefore, in the absence of the required date of postage and class of such,

the DN must have been sent by 2nd class postage which would mean that the same was served on you on the 15th April 2010

and that statute would require such notice to be remedied by 29th April 2010,

the default notice in question in this case is therefore, 3 days short of the mandatory 14 clear days that a creditor

must provide his debtor with to remedy the breach relied upon pursuant to s.87(1) CCA 1974 (asamended).

In the circumstances, the creditor cannot continue with these enforcement proceedings,

since to allow himto do so would be in contravention of s.87 (1) CCA 1974 (as amended).

Parliament did not intend on passing these laws simply for the sake of the language prescribed therein.

Statutory provisions really do mean statutory,

any creditor who fails to comply with such, has lost his case because it must fail for want of compliance with the statute that applies to the case.

Godzilla

Kind regards

The Mould

• Haha 1

thanks mould

dx

and they

Thanks for you input. I have scanned all the docs received from Drydens, just need to scrub them a bit better, Certainly feeling a bit better about it after Moulds comments.

I have attached the POC

Obviously concious of the time to reply. The issue date is the 16th so if I am right I have 14 days from the 21st.

Will get all other docs up asap.

thanks again.

Hi All,

I have now scubbed and scanned the docs from when Drydens took over as follows. I have tried to get them all in date order.

Something else I have noticed relates to the T&C's _ I will try to get them scanned and posted asap.

The first set of T&C's that I received were when the case was being handled by CCLS. They are marked as the up to date ones. The details on these relating to apr's, default charges, handling fees etc are different from the application form. These are different to the T&C's that were sent to me by MBNAlink3.gif in April 2011.

Please correct me if I am wrong but with a CCA request should you not get the original and any subsequent T&C's. statement of account and a copy of the most recent statement. If this is the case they have issued the default when they have not fully complied with the CCA request.

documents all merged and shrunk in post above

dx

and they

Your timeline

Issue date 16th September + 5 days for service = 21 September + 14 days to acknowledge = 5 October - if you are going to defend then you will receive a further 14 days which will be 19 October

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

In respect of an s78 request you are entitled to receive...

copy or truthful reconstruction of the agreement

terms and conditions from inception and current or at default.

statement of account.

These are to be supplied in one package not piecemeal.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

In respect of an s78 request you are entitled to receive...

copy or truthful reconstruction of the agreement

terms and conditions from inception and current or at default.

statement of account.

These are to be supplied in one package not piecemeal.

The original CCA request to MBNA was i November 09 by CCLS. The reply from MBNA enclosed

1) A copy of the executed agreement

2)Your up to date t&C's

3) A copy of your most recent statement that has been signed.

Further T&C's (different) turned up in April 2011.

Hi,

Looking at the reasons I need to put when filing a defence and it seems that I may have 2 avenues to go down.

1) the DN does not give the correct time for remedy. It should be 14 days starting the day after the date of service. The date of service being 2 (1st class) or 4 (2nd class) working days from the date of posting. That means that I would only have been given 12 days if 1st class and 10 days if 2nd.

2) The CCA request was not fully complied with as it only supplied one set of T&C's. These could not have been the original set as they are different from the T&C's on the application form. If this is correct that also makes the DN faulty.

All advice greatly appreciated.

Your timeline

Issue date 16th September + 5 days for service = 21 September + 14 days to acknowledge = 5 October - if you are going to defend then you will receive a further 14 days which will be 19 October

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yes, you need to acknowledge the claim by 5th October - then you have 14 days in which to prepare your defence.

Have you got all the information you require ?

BCOBS

I think that I have everything. Going through the paperwork you can see that the original CCA request was replied to in November 2009 but only included the then current T&C's. The DN was issued on 09/04/2010. I wrote to them on 19/04/2010 which they replied to in April 2011. This time including what they say are the original T&C's. I have letters where I claim that the account is in dispute as they have not complied fully with the CCA request. If I am write in thinking the DN was issued even though they had not fully complied with the CCA so is therefore in default. I think that I have every letter to & from since 2009.

Hopefully doing the write thing, then again no other real option.

thanks all.

I have acknowledged service and the fact that I will defend. What will be the next part of the process. Do I have to prepare a defence with what I know even though I do not know what documentation they have.

As stated before I feel that the DN is faulty on 2 parts.

1) MBNA never fully satisfied their obligation from the original CCA request therefore they should not have issued the DN.

2) as pointed out previously I was not given the statutory time to remedy the default.

Thanks

Did you receive the Notice of Assignment from Arrow Global and is the claim above or below £10,000 ?

BCOBS

I have the notice of assignment (dated 15/01/12) and the claim is above £10k.

Would I be right in thinking that there is an issue with the debt being assigned with a potential faulty DN?

I have the notice of assignment (dated 15/01/12) and the claim is above £10k.

Would I be right in thinking that there is an issue with the debt being assigned with a potential faulty DN?

Not really

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread