Eon old staywarm complications

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So i am asking for my mum youll have to forgive me im trying to get every little bit of information about it but she either has trouble remembering minute details or did not ask for information directly from Eon. But she says this was over 20 or so years ago she applied to be on a plan called staywarm at a fixed price for unlimited energy/electric after seeing it advertised in the paper, it was apparently for anyone on benefits at the time. Now maybe 4 or 5 years ago they told her she was too young to be on the plan (60 or older) and so put her on a normal tariff and slapped a huge bill on her at which she pays £30 a fortnight (plus the normal bill.

Now what i am asking is, my mum recalls telling them her age of course, and i am not familiar with what this tariff was at all was the age limit always 60 year old? and if it was not and it changed to that limit at one point is it down to her to Notify that she is too young? Or EON? I mean she literally went from an unlimited tariff at a fixed rate to a pay meter which has charges on aswell as a £1000+ bill.

Im going to be ringing them up myself shortly to find out what the hell is going on so i will add more details in later.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi martindn

Staywarm launched just over 13 years ago. Throughout this time, it's only been available for people aged 60 and over provided they met certain requirements.

These requirements have been modified over the years but were things like size of property, number of occupants, absence of non-domestic appliances (swimming pools, Jacuzzis etc) and payment by Monthly Direct Debit.

The one constant factor, though, has been the need for all applicants to be aged 60 and over.

Hope this helps. Give me a shout if you need any more details as happy to help.

Malc