total parking solutions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just read my tenancy agreement and it says i have a designated parking space and thats where i ,or family and friends should park,no caravans trailers or vans without permission but not a mention of permets at all...

Emailed my housing officer with that information and got a curt reply:/

What reply did they send you. Regardless, they cant do anything to you. Just ignore them. You have been allocated a parking space as part of your residence. You are allowed family and friends to use the bay. They did, so NOTHING can happen.

Forget about silly permits. You are on private land so they couldnt do anything anyway.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It was just a case of

Mrs XXXX

I have not had the chance to look into this when i do i will email you

A xxxxxx

Just sharp and rude.I have no intention of paying... However i dont want my neice getting any mail from them and worrying her. Can i email TPS and say i was using her car that day and any correspondence should come to me.I have no problem with them having my name and address...I shall enjoy the fight

I wouldnt bother explaining things to the parking bandits over the phone but when they next write to you demanding money reply telling them that the parking space is yours by right and that by placing a notice on yout vehicle they have committed trespass and it is them who should be paying you £100 for that trespass. You could always place a sign in a darkend spot and claim it is a contract they have entered into.

This PPC invoice is going nowhere, the land is yours to use and they have no rights to issue their invoices on any vehicle parked on that land, the whole basis of a PPC's contract is to have authority to manage parking on private land, you have not agreed any such contract so therefore their invoice is issued without any authority at all

The only problem you have is that your niece as the registered keeper of the car will continue to receive all sorts of threatening letters from the PPC and whatever ridiculous Debt Collector they use to try and intimidate people into paying

Your niece needs a strong stomach to ignore these so you might want to write a letter to the PPC explaining that they have no contract and have committed trespass (copy in the Housing Officer as well) and that any more contact will be reported as harassment to the BPA for the PPC and the OFT for the Debt Collector

Never contact the PPC or Debt Collector by telephone and if they contact you by phone, in the case of the Debt Collector tell them 'any alleged debt is denied, refer to your client, no further contact' then hang up, in the case of the PPC you can tell them to Foxtrot Oscar and don't call again.