Great British Parking Poll.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do you think Penalty Charge Notices should be reviewed?

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/Great-British-Parking-Poll

What have they got to do with the B.P.A?

Edit-I voted 'Don't know'.

Edited by armadillo71

It's a stupid question that has no point - reviewed with what in mind, change the colour have fancy edges on them or include a £25 Asda voucher? It makes no sense.

If it said 'review to change them from as close a look-a-like to the real thing as we can get without being illegal to something that isn't designed to mislead and cheat the public', then that would make sense.

I am assuming as the BPA are asking, they are talking private but being thicko's got the wrong name.

Penalty charge notices are penalties, what are they meant to call them?

Yes, but as it is the BPA asking, then it is extremely likely that they are referring to Parking Charge Notices, not council PCNs which are cost controlled by government. In which case, they should not be referring to them as PCNs or Penalty CHarge Notices. :)

They are trying to' muddy the waters' in my opinion...

Quite right. And in fact I think you can change their poll about "should PCNs be increased" to "should turkeys vote for Christmas".

Why are an "independant" body feeling they have a need to ask the people who pay for PCNs if the cost should go up when the setting of such penalties has sod all to do with tehm anyway.

I'm confused now, ?

Well that is the point, is it not? As soon as someone uses 'PCN' , you have no idea if they are refering to a parking ticket or an invoice...

Well that is the point, is it not? As soon as someone uses 'PCN' , you have no idea if they are refering to a parking ticket or an invoice...

And to call them invoices is not correct either really. They are notices, and in the majority of cases from the ppcs are not even valid ltd company notices so ae actually just scraps of paper with writing on them.

That's not the point at all since the poll clearly states its about Penalty charge notices, the point is some people are moaning about the BPA asking if Penalty Charge Notices should be increased yet the poll asks nothing of the sort. The poll asks if they should be 'reviewed' which could also mean decreased, appeals process changed, criminalised again, wording changed or anything else.

That's not the point at all since the poll clearly states its about Penalty charge notices, the point is some people are moaning about the BPA asking if Penalty Charge Notices should be increased yet the poll asks nothing of the sort. The poll asks if they should be 'reviewed' which could also mean decreased, appeals process changed, criminalised again, wording changed or anything else.

All of which has nothing to do with the BPA .... They just want to use the words Penalty charge notice .

Quite right. And in fact I think you can change their poll about "should PCNs be increased" to "should turkeys vote for Christmas".

Why are an "independant" body feeling they have a need to ask the people who pay for PCNs if the cost should go up when the setting of such penalties has sod all to do with tehm anyway.

Oops! you said 'independent', they are nothing of the kind.

They never claim to be they represent the interests of organisations involved in parking

No, they are a private company representing the interests of some other private companies involved in generating income from parking charges. They do not represent the interests of landowners who own car parks, local authorities, motoring organisations representing motorists or even all private car parking operators.

No, they are a private company representing the interests of some other private companies involved in generating income from parking charges. They do not represent the interests of landowners who own car parks, local authorities, motoring organisations representing motorists or even all private car parking operators.

Any of those who you listed can join the BPA and many have.

Just goes to show you haven't got a clue what you are talking about!

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/BPA-Council-2013---14

As I haven't got a clue,what is your link telling me?