mo v Halifax ***SETTLED IN FULL***

mo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya,been reading this site for ages,finally decided to try and claim charges back,stumbled already,cant for the life of me get my head around spreadsheet,no matter how much info ive read nothing goin in my brain,couldnt even download it,as you can probably tell im not very good on computers,old you see lol,anyway had this thought,right or wrong i dont know,can i writ e to the halifax and just list the charges,or is this not right,hope someone can advise me thanks

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well speadsheets are good because if you do the equations, they do all the work for you.

However you could write it and do the maths yourself.

Alternatively I'd be willing to help you (pro gratis of course). Just drop me a PM if you're interested.

Fox Vs. Halifax

Reclaiming: £565.19

Preliminary Sent: 28/9/06

Preliminary Recieved: 29/9/06

Letter Recieved: £224.00

LBA Sent: 11/10/06

LBA Recieved:

Letter Recieved:

Court Filing: 26/10/06

Final Decision:

Hiya

I simply made a list up of charges, with the dates and the reason for them, with Halifax this will simply be "CHARGES AS NOTIFIED"

total at the bottom and Bobs ya uncle!

hope this helps.

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

I just listed them

ie:

23/9/05 charges as notified £39

etc

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

Dont worry!

Nobody is born knowing these things! lol

You can't claim the 8% interest until you get to the moneyclaim part.

You can ask for a refund of the interest charged to you at this stage but its confusing and often doesnt amount to much.

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

so list the charges just on paper and send this with letter?sorry for keep for keep saying sorry but feel totally thick,its as if the banks can run your life without any comeback,i just hope i can get these charges back so dont want to mess it up

well im shocked,ive just sat down and listed every caharge,came to 2851.00,ive just realised ive been working just to pay these near enough,letter ready to go recorded delivery monday,do i send it local branch?

• 3 weeks later...

sent sar all statements arrived bout three weeks ago,after being really annoyed with myself for paying all these charges,and thinking it was all my fault i came to the amazing ammount of 2560.oo,sent 1st letter bout 2 and a bit weeks back got reply today,sorry your not happy,to cover our costs blah blah blah,we will give you as goodwill 1874.00...whooo,well my question is should i take it its such a lot of money,and ive only sent them one letter,really scared to take it all the way in case they take it back again,if you see what i mean...mo

thats a good offer compared to most and a lot of money... the decision is always yours but if it was me... i'd tell them that your taking them all the way to court..

BUT, thats just my opinion, i don't know your circumstances and christmas is coming up.. ha ha

But everyone who has gone all the way so far has got their money back, plus interest...

good luck

Hiya Mo

only accept this as part settlement, stick with your time-table, your just about at the end of your battle, I will copy you a letter to send them But dont sign anything Please....

• Confused 1

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

Hiya Mo

this is the letter I used on all my claims, when offers where made (& Ive won)...

Your Address

Their Address

Date

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sort Code:

ACCOUNT NUMBER:

Your Reference:

In response to your letter offering £xxxx as a goodwill gesture - your offer is accepted only as a partial repayment of the outstanding balance and I do not recognise it as a full and final settlement.

Although I appreciate your offer, I would like to notify you that my request is for £xxxx .Please also find enclosed a Letter Before Action. (if you are at that stage on your time-table)

I hope this matter can be resolved amicably and swiftly.

Yours Faithfully

(your name)

You have come this far, so another week or 4 wont be a problem, I know what they have offered is a great amount, But remember you paid all of them charges, so you want them ALL back, the full amount & the interest...YES you DO.....

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

thanks for that,i think i feel reassured,i think,ive no printer at the moment its decided to pack in sods law i suppose so will write it by hand and sent it recorded delivery monday along with everything crossed,thanks again,mo

You will be fine, Theres loads of support on here, so if you get stuck, someone or everyone will help you out.

Im bored now got no more banks to fight hahaha, so Im helping out where I can, dont forget to pm me if you need a chat ok.

Angi x

already wrote bout my offer,got letter from halifax friday offering me1874.00.am 90 per cent sure im goin to reject this,after some good advice from angie.just wondered whatt other people thought,oh claiming 2700..00

wondered if anyone else got this reply from halifax?quote i am sure you will appreciate like other oranisations we incur costs for every transaction made,when we pay an item against an unauthorised overdraft or return an item unpaid.we incur extra costs regardless of the shortfall involved,we believe it is fair to pass these costs on to the account affected,as opposed to them being absorbed by other customers. the rest is bla bla..fron diane peter,review manager,core operations,customer relations...

wondered if anyone else got this reply from halifax?quote i am sure you will appreciate like other oranisations we incur costs for every transaction made,when we pay an item against an unauthorised overdraft or return an item unpaid.we incur extra costs regardless of the shortfall involved,we believe it is fair to pass these costs on to the account affected,as opposed to them being absorbed by other customers. the rest is bla bla..fron diane peter,review manager,core operations,customer relations...

All rubbish.:D