Halifax and bank of scotland loans defaulted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I just wondered if anyone had any advise on how i could deal with debt problems re

Bank of Scotland Loan £7439 default balance which has now passed to Robinson Way Collectors

halifax Loan £3288 default which has now passed to Westcot collectors

There is no PPI on them but there would b some late payment charges

Halifax froze interest for a while to get me bank on my feet but I cant yet secure employment. Bank of Scotland would not freeze it just kept sending letters

has anyone had any communications with Westcot or Robinsons way? I really want to try and get back on my feet and repair my credit its just I have no disposable income atall at the moment.

very grateful for any advice given

thankyou in advance

Have you got chareges on them for letters and late payments if so claim them back make payments you can afford if they will not stop interest then reduce payment to a£ 1 a week there is a letter for this on this site

In order to reclaim charges, you will need statements. Do you have these?

If not, you will need to send a Subject Access request to the Banks/creditors. It will cost you £10.00 and entitles you to ALL data in connection with your financial relationship with the bank.

Once you have statements, then we can provide you with a spread sheet to complete.

Have you sorted out a budget sheet so that you know exactly where you are financially ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 weeks later...

I have some statements but not all of them, is there a template to request the statements? and do i contact the collectors of them direct?

I recieved a letter from CREDIT SECURITY LIMITED

says WESTCOT CREDIT SERVICES LTD - BANK OF SCOTLAND

It says they sending a doorstep collector or contact the helpline

should i write to them? what should i say

thanks for help

I just found a letter dated nov 2012 it has a breakdown of loan amount they say £11162 - i borrowed 10k so im guessing they added intrest at the start of the loan? they have stated payment amount to date and also late payment charges which are under £150 they offered a settlement in nov 2012 of £6200 - equates to about the amount outstanding minus any intrest. its been pased to albion collections, nelson guest and partners, westcot and now robinson way..... who do i offer payments to im so stuck dont know what to do or who to comunicate with :(

sorry i just found the loan statement re this the amount i actually borrowed was £7k intrest rate is 21.25%

but they said in a separate letter total opening balance was £11162 - payment amount to date is over 1/2what i originally borrowed minus the interest. just not sure who to write to here to negotiate token payments etc

thanks for help

Below is a draft letter to ask your creditor to accept pro rata / token payments. I have also attached a budget sheet so that you can work out what disposable income you have left.

Dear Sir or Madam

Account No/Reference No: XXXXXXXX

Since making that above agreement with you, my circumstances have changed. I cannot now afford the previously agreed monthly payments because [your reasons added here]

I attach a Personal Budget sheet which shows my total income from all sources, and my outgoings. As you can see I only have £xx.xx per month left for my creditors. The offers I have made to my creditors have been calculated on a pro-rata basis, and I have written to all my creditors asking them to accept reduced payments.

In view of these circumstances, please would you agree to accept a reduced offer of £xx.xx per month. If interest or other charges are being added to the account I would be grateful if you would freeze these so that all payments made will reduce what I owe.

Should my circumstances improve I will contact you again. In the meantime, I would appreciate it if you could send me a paying-in book / standing order form to make it easier to pay you.

Thank you for your assistance, I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully,

Ellens Budget Sheet.xls

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Whoever is pursuing you for the money :)

BCOBS

its the agencies but agencies are not showing on credit report only lenders are.... eventually i hope to repay in full to sort credit out but worried if i pay agency the default with lender stay on report long after ive eventually paid it off

Why not address the original to the Lender and send a copy of it to the DCA :) that way you have covered it both ways :)

Send the one to the Lender by recorded delivery and the one to the DCA just get a free proof of posting.

BCOBS