interview under caution

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter confirming that i have to attend the interview and advising that interview will be take place under caution (which I don't know what it means) also letter stated that ` we have arranged this interview because we believe there are grounds for suspecting that a criminal offence may have been committed `

The issue started back in July 2012 where some one claimed Social Funds using my name and details. Since then I have been in contact and I have provided them with all identification to proof that its not me. They sent me copy of the applications completed and they all had different signatures which of course did not match my signature. So finally around Feb 2013 they stated that they will stop chasing me as they believe it was not me .

At that time of this ordeal i was on JSA and they were deducting money from my allowance which eventually they repaid me when they withdraw their case and i started my full-time job on 3rd of June with DWP.

I am really nervous never been in such situation before as I have always been good with my credit history, Can anyone advise on what will happen on the day of the interview and what should I expect

Hello there.

Jabba knows more about this than I do, but the letter doesn't say you committed the crime specifically. I wonder if there's a chance they want to interview you about someone else's crime?

If it were me, I would take anything that proves I'm not this person, something with your signature and the bank statement, as you said. And just be honest.

It's a shame you shredded their letter, but they should have their own records, I would have thought.

My best, HB

Edited by honeybee13

Illegitimi non carborundum

but they should have their own records, I would have thought.

Yes, but there is no guarantee the investigators know about it!

Other than that & presuming the IUC is about the SF loans then everything HB has said is correct.

I have shredded it , stupid me I thought the issue was resolved. But I can get bank statement showing that they repaid me, do u think that can help

Phone your local office first thing Monday morning and ask for another copy of the letter to be sent to you. If they won't send one to you, ask for acknowledgment that the letter was actually sent, the date it

was sent and take a note of the persons name you spoke to on the phone along with the date and the time of the phone call.

Take someone with you into your IUC...maybe someone from your local CAB who knows how IUC's should be conducted. If you can't get a representative then take a friend or a relative. They won't be

able to speak but they can be a witness to the fraud investigators body language which obviously can't be recorded on tape (just speaking from my own experience here, it's important)

You'll probably find they already have copies of your bank statements etc but take them along anyway and anything and everything else you can think of that will help your case.

Best Wishes :)