Universal Credit, claimants commitment.

osdset
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

if your on jsa what will happen when UC comes in?

eventually you get transferred over. Won't be that different from now, except when you get a minimum wage job, you may still be on UC if you need help with rent or income top up - in other words you're in their clutches until you earn enough to need no benefit help. So for some - especially low earners with kids, you could be having to jump through UC hoops for many, many years.

Awful, isn't it?

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

eventually you get transferred over. Won't be that different from now, except when you get a minimum wage job, you may still be on UC if you need help with rent or income top up - in other words you're in their clutches until you earn enough to need no benefit help. So for some - especially low earners with kids, you could be having to jump through UC hoops for many, many years.

Awful, isn't it?

yup it sure is, i live with my family so when i do get a job i probably won't need the corrupt DWP :)

Im confused, which isnt hard for me..

What happens to the low earners and low earning self employed who claims WTC, will they be changed to UC, if so will they be hounded to find better paid jobs?

If this is the case what happens to these jobs, including bar staff, waitresses/waiters, taxi drivers, shop assistance, care providers, will these jobs just cease to exist because these people are told to find 'better' jobs?

I would worry about the single parents who work on the bread line, look after their children and be stressed enough without the 'powers that be' hound them to find a better job, when they struggle to find the hours to do their current jobs.

Sounds to me that some one hasnt really thought this through very well.

Im confused, which isnt hard for me..

What happens to the low earners and low earning self employed who claims WTC, will they be changed to UC, if so will they be hounded to find better paid jobs?

This is what I was asking before. What is going to happen is:

1) Those on JSA will have no incentive in accepting a part-time or low paid jobs because they won't be better off and will still be hounded by he DWP

2) Those on low paid jobs will stop claiming UC, which will save some pocket change for the taxpayer in the short time. When they lose their jobs, they'll be better off being unemployed.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Next election is at the latest 2015 so the UC won't be fully rolled out by then. Any bets on Labour continuing with the UC or just tinkering with it?

Labour have to win first which should not be too difficult seeing as they have transformed themselves into a red version of the Tory party. I think we can trust Labour to continue, tinker, and generally make things worse with UC especially if Liam Byrne gets his hands on it.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I suppose it could work, if I earned £7 & worked 40 hours a week. (what's minimum wage now?)

Taking rent, council tax, water rates, utility bills, tv license, £50 per month on Virgin media, £70 per week for me & 2 teens on food/bathroom products/bleach etc, that leaves me £24 per week. Car would have to go of course :sad:

But I didn't take Tax or NI off??? Are people really expected to be able to earn enough to come off benefits altogether? This just seems another way to punish people for being single!

Tax taken off £1120 would be a fair bit wouldn't it??

NMW is £6.19 ph now.

:shock: oh geez I am starting to panic now tbh! My son can't even get a part time Tesco job whilst he's at college, what chance do I have to find more than minimum wage. I'm self employed at the moment, I will have to bring in about 990 per month according to 40 hours at min wage, yet at the moment I bring in about 400. And i'm already working about 40 hours as it is lol Oh dear...

And you have just demonstrated one of the problems with the new system. You may have to give up work because you're not making enough and will probably be sanctioned for voluntarily leaving work.

It's going to break my heart stopping this. I love it, even if I work until midnight sometimes, because it means I can do the parent stuff during the day. I am grateful that the last year I have been able to do it though at least. Not too sure what would have happened other wise. I wouldn't have found an employer to allow me to go out 3 or 4 times a day for 45 minutes each time. And if I worked nights I wouldn't have been able to sleep in the day!

I feel for single parents with young children.

• 2 weeks later...

totally agree

i would pay from my measly income to watch it live-the more gruesome and drawn out the better

in response to joeski comment about IDS!!!

Edited by budgie321