style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

PLease can anybody help,

Yesterday, A bailiff arrived at my place of work - a school, having gained entry by telling the receptionist he wanted to see me on a " private matter!".

He demanded £ 350 for a parking ticket that we were apparently given in 2011. We have never received either a ticket on the car or any letters etc. through the post regarding this. Apprarently it has all gone through the courts in Northampton?.How?

The bailiff was very intimidating and threatening. Claiming that he would clamp the car and come back and take it away. Refusing to leave the school property without the money. He also stateed that the reg. number of the car was on the traffic cameras and we would be arrested by the police if we attempted to move the car?

The council will not discuss the matter with us as it has already been passed to the bailiff? HOWEVER. we have never received any paperwork/ letter/ticket prior to yesterday's visit!

Anyway, we had to remove the man from school and so the only way to do that was to pay using a credit card - that I can't pay off!

What right do we have now or is it too late? Can I cancel the payment? Can I complain? Can I have the charge reverted back to the original amount - was it even my car that was parked illegally in the first place?

THe problem may have arisen as we had moved shortly before the alledged parking ticket was issued and had not changed our registered address in time. Therefore, maybe any paperwork was not sent originally to the correct address? However, We have since changed the address and the Bailiff managed to find us?

I would be grateful for any advice any body may have to help with this!

Much thanks

Hello

Someone who knows about this will answer you at some stage so keep checking.

Although im no expert but its sounds as if hes been a very naughty bailiff indeed. I dont think he had or has the right to come to you work especailly with children about!

The council have clearly fobbed u off as i think they can talk to you about it. Just choosing not to.

You would of been well within your right to ask the bailiff to leave and he cabbot force you to pay him there and then and that statement about the police arresting you is absolute BS.

Hang in there!

You need to contact the Northampton TEC to make an out of time application and this will put the bailiff action on hold. When you phone them, they can email you the form you need to complete.

Traffic Enforcement Centre (TEC) 0300 123 1059/ 01604 619450

Do this ASAP and you will then be on track to get this resolved. If you know the authority who issued the PCN, that will help. If you don't, the bailiff company should advise you.

This thread should be in the bailiff forum on CAG which on the debt related page, so will ask the site team to move.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I see you have made the payment by CC which your card provider may accept. You should contact them to advise that payment was made under duress and ask their advice. Can they reject the payment, as you are about to make an application to the court ( Northampton TEC) to resolve the matter.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

A few questions I am afraid.

Was the PCN in your own name or in the name of the school?

You say that you advised DVLA of the change of address. Roughly when was this?

Which local authority does this PCN relate to?

Did the bailiff show you a copy of the warrant of execution?