Tescol / Highview Parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

As you can guess I've received a Charge Notice from the above and, having scoured this forum, am just concerned that legislation may have changed the 'ignore' instruction?

If Highview did pursue this to court I think I would have little defence - whilst I quickly checked signage on entering the car park, I didn't actually use the store so maybe clear warnings inside?

I have already written to Tesco as another poster found this successful.

I only have a couple of days to pay the 'reduced' amount if that is now the advice so any guidance much appreciated.

ignore nothing has changed

just a smokescreen

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ignore nothing has changed

just a smokescreen

dx

Wow that was quick. Thank you. Shall ignore. Though (like others) am slightly concerned - I have just moved house and only just notified DVLA so when my Royal Mail redirection stops I wont get these letters at all - which is some ways is a blessing but in others, makes me worry about what I dont know about....

as you've read

there is at present quite a bit of 'talk' regarding 'oh you'll get a ccj by default because they'll sent it to the old ad'

scary but in reality, none have been seen.

i'll let you decide what you think about it, but its mostly from one direction......

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Help I have also had a notice from highview. They have a photo of.my vehicle entering and leaving the car park. The charge was for overstaying. I was not the driver on that day. I have Looked at the notices on the forum and I am confused by conflicting advice. Should I appeal, ignore or pay up .

certainly NVER EVER pay

its a speculative invoice

NOT a PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE

the only legal ones you should pay

dx

and they

don't know about Tesco's but it looks like aldi are upping the anti sending out court orders that's not a good sign.

I would post a link but i'm a newbie and i'm not going to just post crap until I get to 10 posts (what a dumb rule, I have to spam before I can help ???)

The thread is in this section and it's title is

"Parking Eye - Received a claim from County court! Help needed"

The PPC has no rights in law over the land so they rely on bluff/threats and ignorance to make their claims. it is just rather annoying that this whole new court thing will get played out so often before it gets either stopped or set as case law in a higher court.

The PPC has no rights in law over the land so they rely on bluff/threats and ignorance to make their claims. it is just rather annoying that this whole new court thing will get played out so often before it gets either stopped or set as case law in a higher court.

You might find this interesting reading. Highview are mentioned a lot.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk

Since POFA 2012 the standard advice has evolved as follows. At no point admit to being the driver. This is important

1. Ignore until the Notice to Keeper arrives; this should be around 30 days.

2. Make a "soft" appeal - and state that if the appeal is unsuccessful you wish to appeal to POPLA.

3. Make a "hard" appeal to POPLA.

Advice on these can be found around the web.

Thanks for your responses, ignored first charge have now received second for increased amount. I can't believe how quickly they are moving with this it is less than four weeks since the incident. I am assuming these charge notices are different from the notice to keeper