• Tweets

• This must be part of the new tactic from Evri.  They know they are going to lose. They take it to the wire and then don't bother to turn up in order to save themselves costs and of course they don't give a damn about the cost to the British taxpayer and the extra court delays they cause. This is a nasty dishonest company – but rather in line with all of the parcel delivery industry which knows that their insurance requirements are unlawful. They know that their prohibited items are for the most part unfair terms. They know for the most part that a "safe place" is exactly what it means – are not left on somebody's doorstep in full view. They know that obtaining a signature means that they have to show the signature not simply claim that they received a signature. They are making huge profits especially from their unlawful and unenforceable insurance requirement. Although this is less valuable than the PPI scandal, in terms of the number of people who are affected nationwide, PPI pales into insignificance. I hope the paralegals working for Evri are proud of themselves and they tell their families what they have done during the day when they go home.
    • Your PCN does not comply with the Protection of freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9[2][a] (a)specify the vehicle, the relevant land on which it was parked and the period of parking to which the notice relates; The only time on the PCN is 17.14. That is only  a time for there to be a period there would have to be a start and and end time mentioned. of course they do show the ANPR arrival and departures  times but that is not the parking period and their times are on the photographs not on the PCN. They also failed to comply with S.9[2][f] as they omitted to say that they could only pursue the keeper if they complied with the Act. That means that they can only pursue the driver as the keeper cannot be held liable for the charge. As they do not know who was driving and Courts do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person they will struggle to win. Especially as so many people are able to legally drive your car and you haven't appealed giving them no indication therefore of who was driving. Small nitpicking point-the date of Infringement was 22/04/2024. They appear to be saying that they can charge an extra amount [up to £70 ] if they have to use a debt collector. You do not have a contract with a debt collector so they cannot add that cost. You paid for four hours so it can only be the 15 minutes they are complaining about. You are entitled to a ten minute minimum grace period at the end of the parking period which would be easier to explain if the car park had been bigger. However if you allow for two minutes to park and two minutes to leave that gives you one minute to account for. Things like being held on the way out by cars in front waiting to get on to Northgate or even your own car being held up trying to get on to Northgate at a busy time. then other considerations like having to stop to allow pedestrians to walk in front of you or being held up by another car doing a u turn in front of your car. you would have to check with the driver and see if they could account for an extra one minute things like a disabled passenger or having to strap in a child . I am not advocating lying since that could lead to serious problems [like jail time] but there can be an awful lot of minor things that can cause a hold up of a minute even the engine not starting straight away or another car being badly parked as examples. Sadly you cannot include the 5 minute Consideration period as both IPC and BPA fail to comply with the convention that you can include that time with the Grace period.  
    • Defence struck out not case struck out...you have judgment  Well done topic title updated Regard's Please consider making a donation if not already to support us to help others.   Andy.   .
    • Hi all, I wanted to update you and thank you all for your help. I am delighted announce that after the case was struck out due to no response from Evri, judgement was issued after I submitted the forms and I was just about to take it to warrant.  today I received an email from the claims department requesting my bank details to make payment for my full award. The process has been long since the initial proceedings  in January i must say your help and guidance has been greatly appreciated.  
    • Quote of the century "Farage pops up when the country’s at a low ebb; like a kind of political herpes" - Frankie Boyle Updates
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Barclaycard on credit file - AR/AP markers for +6ys

bannister007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all!

First time post, but been following the various threads for a long time!

To cut a long story short, I am thinking of moving house later this year, so checked my credit file using 'checkmyfile'.

I have 2 Barclaycards showing up on the file. Both with the letters AR across months for the past 5 years.

I paid 'Eurodebt' back in 1999, to sort out my finances regarding debts, and they did (for a fee).

I was paying weekly, the Barclaycards by going into a branch each week with a paying in book.

Following 2 house moves, I wrote to Barclaycard, with my new address, asking for the amount to pay the accounts off in full, but never recieved a reply.

I then stopped paying (not sure why), that was back in 2003.

Never heard nothing from them. I have taken out loans, credit cards, mobile phone contracts and never had a problem.

I would like to know, I guess this will never clear off my credit report?

And will it affect me getting a new mortgage when I sell my house?

Keep up the good work, Thanks in advance,

Bannister007

ar should not be showing for so long.

have they got a defaulted date in the debt summaries?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you have paid nothing since 2003 then the accounts are now statute barred and I would have thought the reporting should have well dropped off by now !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

this is the issue with the AR [AP] markers

it stays until the arrangement is stopped/broken

brig has been doing a sterling job addressing this unfair practice.

this is why I've asked if the account has a defaulted date..

if not, we need a brig letter to get the account removed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

this is the issue with the AR [AP] markers

it stays until the arrangement is stopped/broken

brig has been doing a sterling job addressing this unfair practice.

this is why I've asked if the account has a defaulted date..

if not, we need a brig letter to get the account removed

dx

Ah, righto.. sorry I didn't understand what that meant.. thanks :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Many thanks for your quick replys..

I have checked both accounts on checkmyfile, and neither of them have a default date.

I would of thought, if I missed so many payments, wouldn't Barclaycard come chasing me for the debts? (total of both cards is approx £1900.).

After speaking to my partner, we decided to not carry on the payments, due to the fact that we didn't know how much was outstanding or owing! we never had a statement.

In reality, I could of added up all the payment slips and deducted the original sum, but as Barclaycard didn't seem intrested, we stopped paying!

Also, is it normal, that before June 2008, Call Credit has no history, and June 2009, Equifax has no history on the account?

Many thanks!

Hi dx100uk has alerted me to your thread,

I see that you are using 'check my file'' to access credit reference data, this agency uses 2nd hand data garnered from the main CRAs and can be unreliable,.

I would suggest checking Exquifax and/or Experian just in case the data varies.

The Information Commissioners Office has a view in its Technical Guidance on Defaults regarding the use of late/missed payment markers instead of placing a default on an account.

So basis for removal of entries on CRA files, you should place notices of dispute on ALL CRA files meanwhile.

1. Last Payment sometime 2003 = Statute Barred Debt, so unenforceable via court action.

2.The placing of AP markers is regarded as unfair by ICO & OFT.

3.A default would have been removed sometime in 2009, consequentially the AP entries COULD affect your ability to get credit.

Please can you tell me what company (s) are listed on CRA files as ''creditors'?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks, Brigadier,

Both the crediters on the cra are Barclaycard.

By placing a statement on my cra, would I be opening up a can of worms? I would of gladly paid the outstanding debt as it was my debt to start with, but Barclaycard just didn't seem interested.

Also, is 'Call Credit' a credit checking agency? On the credit report, call credit and equifax appear a lot, while experian doesn't appear as much.

Check my file garners data from the main agencies so it's 2nd

hand.

Barclay card took over the Egg accounts so did not originate from Barclays.

No the dispute notice advises potential lenders that the data on the disputed

entry must no be used/relied upon when making credit decisions.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thanks Brigadier,

I have checked my credit files on Experian, Equifax and Noodle (I believe this is callcredit?)

The Barclaycards are showing on the Equifax report only.

I also notice that the Barclaycards are registered as a previous address that I left in 2002. Could this be the reason why I haven't heard anything?

What would be the correct wording to put on the credit file? Do I deny any knowledge of the debt?

I will happily make a donation to the site, as a thank you for all your help!

The Credit Reference Agency will state That'' the Account data has been disputed by xxx and creditors should ignore this when making credit decision'' or something to that effect.

I think you are right on the reason you have not been contacted.

Ok the Equifax report shows AP markers?

Yes you can write, e-mail or phone.

I can draft a letter for you regarding the use of AP markers if you wish, as dx said this has been rather successful.

That's one thing you don't have to worry about there's no bills coming from this.!!:lol:

I read an digest the details and post up a letter for you tomorrow .

Ok: This goes to the Data Controller at Barclay Card by recorded delivery.

Ref: Adverse Data on Credit Reference File:

Formal Complaint:

Re: Account No.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sir/Madam,

I refer to the above mentioned Barclaycard Account which is being reported on my credit reference files held by Equifax, for clarification I have attached a screen print of this entry.

As you will see Barclaycard has been reporting arrangement to pay markers (APM) on this account for the past 5years which places me in a disadvantage compared to a debtor who has had an account defaulted.

Also the last payment to this account was made in 2003 and is therefore statute barred given this information it would appear that Barclaycard has used arrangement to pay markers in place of a default on the account, it is understood that the ICO does not agree with this unfair practice.

I now formally state that this account is statute barred and I will not therefore make any payment or offer of payment.

As this account dates back a considerable number of yea 'rs and is statute barred and these AP markers are causing considerable problems to me financially as the account should have been defaulted in 2003 and the default removed in 2009 this data has been displayed nearly 5 years longer than necessary.

I now require Barclay card to remove all data relating to me and this account from all credit reference agency files to which it has been reported with immediate effect.

I am aware that the time scale for Barclaycard to reply to this complaint is 6 days, but given the considerable length of time the inaccurate data has been displayed I would hope Barclay card will make a prompt and proper reply.

From what you have said I don't see that there is a strong case for redress for consequential loss.

Brigader, I can't thank you enough!

I know that a lot of people say not to sign my name, does it matter on this letter? - Just thought I'd ask to be on the safe side!

The letter is great, and worded so well ~ It's nice to think that there are people out there that will spend there time helping complete strangers.

Thank you, Brigader. I will let you know what happens next.

No indeed you can sign the letter, if it does worry you just sign over a bed of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in a pale font coulour.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

The ICO is directing in Barclaycards favour with regard to AP markers. Barclaycard have been placing AP markers on two accounts for two years now. I am in a DMP with Payplan and will remain in it for another four years. I evidenced that Barclaycard were reporting the data for this period of time and yet ICO went in their favour as Barclaycard told them that the plan was for twelve months and therefore the decision was they are reporting the data correctly. It's an utter farce!!!!!!

Bettingmad.

Your situation is somewhat different to the OP's situation.

Barclaycard have changed what they are reporting sometimes. In OP's case there is no arrangement in place as the lack of payments indicate. So well worth a complaint to see if it can be adjusted.

In your case a DMP is an arrangement. Seen it many times where this then defaults 3,4,5 years later. Might not be ethical but totally different to OP's case.

ICO only gives guidelines as to what it would expect creditors to do and is common practice. That said if they dont wish to default you they dont have to if you have come to some sort of arrangement.

Hope you can see the difference here.

A little update - well nothing at all!!

I have not heard anything from Barclay Card. I sent the letter that Brigader kindly drafted, to the data controller at the Churchill Place, London address.

I am starting to think it should have gone to the address that is on the credit files - Nottingham I think? (without checking!)

Should I have recieved even an acknowledgment? I posted both letters on the 8th June.

Also - when will my credit files be updated? Should I check again on a weekly basis, or just monthly?

Many thanks for any advice.

Bannister007.

Hi Bannister,

If no response or acknowledgement has been received within 14 or so days, send a reminder to the same address.

Let us know what happens and we'll then take it from there.

:-)

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Barclays are extremely slow at the moment, as slick says a reminder is in order now.