• Tweets

• Thanks all, especially the information about Kev! Yes, I'll make the mods you all suggest, especially the client bits (didn't realise it was a one man band). The only thing I'm not sure of, is the best way to "sign off", especially as the Keeper is not so keen to sign. So I'd much rather send it from our pet dog. BTW does anyone know about the landowners at Harlyn Bay? I did try to find out last year but couldn't find anything useful, and whether it is worth raising this massive cash generator scam with them. I'm guessing the landowners get a small percentage, so happy to go along with it?
    • I haven’t reply, so the hearing hasn’t been decided 
    • whitelist - the same with mine....the battery had a mind of its own. i bought it for my Son...he'd shut it down and it would be completely off but the power light would either stay on or flash...also it wouldnt start properly, had cmos errors on boot and other stuff.   i bought it through HP store on ebay ..brand new. after 6 days of receipt i recieced an email from HP asking if i was happy...i returned an email saying no and that i want to send it back as it was faulty (basically the email served as a reminder for me to leave them good feedback lol...not as a geniune enquiry to actually make sure i was happy with as they didnt reolve the issue when i was not) after trying to sort it for a couple of months with HP not replying, not offering a solution etc i finally got passed tech support who confirmed it was faulty. i then had to return it to their factory. this is where its gets beyond worse...waited 3 times for parcelforce to collect - they didnt. in the end HP sent me a label which i had to take to the post office - not good as im disabled with a mobility disability. then they asked for my bank account number to issue the refund. they hardly ever replied to my emails and it took over a month and a half to refund me once they had received the laptop back. no explanation, no progress emails, no updates. i kept emailing them on a daily basis as no one would reply to my emails through the website, forum, internal email addresses and even phoned 3 different departments who basically had no idea what to do or what was going on and did not help...they couldnt even tell me when the refund would be issued, let alone why it hadnt been done already. on the forums theres other customers who've had to wait 6 weeks , 2 months , over 2 months etc...it seems as though HP like to with hold peoples money to earn interest on the money in their account. i spents days phoning and emailing them - even sent a recorded letter. at the begining i phoned citizens advice and they said i am entitled to put back into the same financial position as before i lost the out of pocket expenses ie: compensation for my time and recorded letter sent etc. ive started a martin lewis 'resolver' case with them and basically in a snotty reply they told me im not entitled to compensation which is contradictory to what citizens advice told me. i was just wondering if theres any .gov website or law/legislation that i could reply with and say "no your wrong - please compensate me"
    • LBC is here. Complete with a note showing a phantom payment. What to do next?
    • I suppose it doesn't make a massive amount of difference as Kev has never had the guts to do court - well at least not yet - but to me the number of cards played still needs to be reduced.  Given the OP has already referred to the "very busy and overflowing car park" in the appeal I'd refer to that and tell Kev to go and look up case no.3JD08399.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Repossession questioned by deeds not being signed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3731 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your patience ......In relation to Ben’s Post on “Silver”

I do not retract my apology mate......because I’m good like that....and of course; because I should have been a wee bit more careful in addressing your reliance on “silver” for your contention with all things ‘Apple’....

On closer inspection of the above...I look at the ‘delivery’ of a Deed....but before I do, let me copy this bit for you to look at again:

“a writing cannot become a deed unless it is ‘signed’, ‘sealed’ and ‘delivered’ as a deed. Having reached that stage, it is correctly described as having been “executed” as a deed....'

As you know we no longer rely on a deed being ‘sealed’...it was abolished by the lpmpa 1989

So, today...this case would infer that we are looking only for ...’signed’ and ‘delivered’ then? And that “execution” is no longer a requirement after all??? I think NOT....

If ‘sealed’ is removed....how can we find out if the deed has been “executed” so that it meets the formality of ‘delivery’ in a decision required in a claim today?

Two further points to make here are:

1) The case in 2010 appears to rely on decisions from cases in 1989, 1969,

2) The case in Bibby came AFTER this decision in 2010

Having said that...let’s now look at what it says about ‘delivery’ which was ‘subject’ to the deed being ‘signed’, ‘sealed’ and ‘delivered’....

The case ("silver") says there are 3 ways in which a deed can be ‘delivered’:

• A it may be delivered as an unconditional deed, being irrevocable and taking immediate effect

• B , it may be delivered as an escrow, being irrevocable but not taking effect unless and until the condition or conditions of the escrow are fulfilled

• C it may be handed to an agent of the maker with instructions to deal with it in a certain way in a certain event, being revocable and of no effect unless and until it is so dealt with, whereupon it is delivered and takes effect

Which one of the above would present the true state of ‘delivery’ today if the RRO had been mentioned?

The deed is signed by the Borrower alone....there is no ‘execution’ by the Lender....does that meet A, B or C to constitute ‘delivery’ of the Deed?

Had the RRO been taken into account, (in fact even we apply the RRO to any of the cases that Ben has posted) would the fact that RRO removed the presumption of ‘delivery’ on sight of the borrowers signature alone make a difference to meet any of the stated and accepted means of ‘delivery’ of A, B or C? .............(after all, we are saying that the RRO is the statute that made it possible for all Borrowers to rely that there can be NO 'presumption of delivery on sight of their signature alone since the coming into force of the RRO in 2005)......

If the Chamber accept that there is NO presumption of Delivery on sight of the Borrowers signature alone....which one of .A, B or C will they find applies in relation to that very necessary formality known as ‘delivery’ of the Deed??

Could they really say that A applies to say that the deed is ‘delivered’ unconditionally....when the applicable implication of the RRO says that the Borrower cannot be said to have ‘delivered’ it by virtue of having merely signed it?.....Article 10 (2)

Ok.... Could they say that B applies to say that it is ‘delivered in escrow’....yes, I suppose they could do....but then given this deed relates to land....if it is in ‘escrow’....then the ‘condition’ that B relates to...must be the ‘debt’....once it is paid in full...then the Lender can sign it....right?...NO, wrong....because the Borrower has no power to mortgage by demise, sub-demise or sub-mortgage..LRA section 23.......and finally a ‘charge by way of legal mortgage’ is wholly subject to section 32 of the LRA ....to say that it is only if the agreement is 'valid' that section 51 would have effect......

Ok...finally, what about ‘C’....surely that must constitute that the deed is delivered’......right?......regrettably ‘NO’...because although you hand the deed to your solicitor....the deed still has to be ‘executed’ by the Lender ......so, therefore.....the handing of the deed to your solicitor is ...... ‘revocable and of no effect unless it is so dealt with'...BEFORE "whereupon it is delivered and takes effect’ would apply............so.... even this would find the deed has not been ‘delivered’...

So in cnclusion.....

The Property Chamber can rely that the RRO establishes that the Lender must ‘execute’ the Deed BEFORE any presumption of ‘Delivery’ can be taken to be in effect....so, the likelihood is that the Chamber will and should find that –there is no ‘delivery’ and that it is “C” that applies....the RRO is wholly reliable along with the other statutory provisions that relate to dispositions in relation to land.... to find that this IS the case....

Apple

I may be jumping the gun a bit here as I am way behind reading this thread but I am becoming increasingly concerned about the RRO in regard to my situation as I know my mortgage was signed before this came into effect

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

thanks for that citizenB

pj

e-petition is live please sign it.. unlawful repossessions..!!!

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/56915

Apple,

This is not a discussion on mortgage sale agreements but of deeds so I believe its in scope. The mortgage sale agreeement contains both bilateral and unilateral deeds. Please can you share your opinion on this to further assist my understanding of the requirements of a deed. Do you agree with bhall that if a deed expresses only unilateral intent then it does not need to to be executed by the beneficiary... What happened to its specialty contract status in this instance? I can see problems with this as it opens up the possibility of abuse where a party may be included in a deed against their will or knowledge... However the mortgage sale agreement does include some unilateral deeds.

Apple I would certainly value your opinions on this topic. One of our primary assertions is that a deed is a specialty contract and requires the signatures of all assenting parties - though this will not always make sense i.e. to express a unilateral intent (if such an intent is really possible if it affects another...). My present understanding is that a mortgage is made by agreement to benefit two parties which makes it, without doubt, a 'specialty' contract.

Edited by UNRAM

Whilst this is American, the last paragraph might provide a welcome insight

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/the-formal-requirements-for-a-deed.html

This doesn't address the situation where a deed is used for bilateral assent... as is the case of every mortgage sale agreement I have looked at.... or in fact anywhere i have seen a deed used for the transfer of interest or any disposition of land (apart from a mortgage deed). I do hope the lender is not planning to use a book intended for Dummies as evidence...

Was there a hearing yesterday ? What happened ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi marika41,

I have received my copy deeds within two days of posting and that was by cheque. I have also received other documents separately sent and paid for by cheque all within a few days.

Did you send your form and cheque to your local LR office?

My local office have been ultra fast in responding so it seems a bit strange that you are still waiting.

Hi marika41,

I have received my copy deeds within two days of posting and that was by cheque. I have also received other documents separately sent and paid for by cheque all within a few days.

Did you send your form and cheque to your local LR office?

My local office have been ultra fast in responding so it seems a bit strange that you are still waiting.

yes it does, i posted it last thurs and paid for next day delivery,will have to phone them monday if nothing arrives over the weekend, thanks mutt1

Because an individual is not a company.

The Companies Act 1985 applies to companies and not individuals, as quoted that part amends the Companies Act 1985 only, that part has no impact on any other legislation

Oh, I get it now.....The RRO speaks of 'individuals' as you and I know......but, what you infer is that the mortgage deed is between an 'individual' who MUST be a 'sole trader'?.....as a 'sole trader' he is considered the owner of a company....therefore the RRO applies....but if that 'individual happens to be a 'consumer'......then the RRO does NOT apply.........

Gotcha......

OK.....not to disregard your 'idea' as 'fanciful''......let's look at this in more detail shall we???............

I take it you can accept that there are 'individuals' who are 'sole traders'....yes?.....they are companies.....yes??

so, if the RRO means that an 'individual' is a 'sole trader'.....take into account that as a sole trader....you are not a LTD Company....right???....

so - please explain to us all.....HOW does the 1985 Act apply to the 'sole trader' who is the 'individual'....when as an individual the 1985 Act does not apply to 'individuals'????

Don't tell me.... you too are fresh out of UNI...and you are 'testing' what you have learnt ...here on this thread....correct??

I think you might struggle trying to explain to the Chamber that 'individual' applies to 'sole traders' as much as it applies to 'consumers' Ben......I truly think you might struggle big time on that one mate......'

Remember, the Lender has caused the Borrower to enter into a MORTGAGE DEED to secure 'INDEBTEDNESS' .....It is not only a speciality contract but it's intent is to secure a debt...That's why the Lender MUST execute the DEED Ben...if it is not executed by the Lender.....then the Lender has not 'assumed' the Deed.....there is no DELIVERY..... The DEED is VOID!!

Ben.... Let me remind you.......A Borrower has no power to GRANT a mortgage.....even if the Borrower is a 'sole trader'...(individual).....there would still be no power to grant a mortgage Ben???

Let me remind you....A mortgage is UNLAWFULLY entered on the title of any registered estate Ben......A deed is void if not executed by the Lender Ben.......

Let me remind you.....The RRO applies to 'individuals' Ben....that applies whether the 'individual' happens to be a 'consumer' or a 'sole trader' Ben.....

Apple

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

Oh, I get it now.....The RRO speaks of 'individuals' as you and I know......but, what you infer is that the mortgage deed is between an 'individual' who MUST be a 'sole trader'?.....as a 'sole trader' he is considered the owner of a company....therefore the RRO applies....but if that 'individual happens to be a 'consumer'......then the RRO does NOT apply.........

Gotcha......

OK.....not to disregard your 'idea' as 'fanciful''......let's look at this in more detail shall we???............

I take it you can accept that there are 'individuals' who are 'sole traders'....yes?.....they are companies.....yes??

so, if the RRO means that an 'individual' is a 'sole trader'.....take into account that as a sole trader....you are not a LTD Company....right???....

so - please explain to us all.....HOW does the 1985 Act apply to the 'sole trader' who is the 'individual'....when as an individual the 1985 Act does not apply to 'individuals'????

Don't tell me.... you too are fresh out of UNI...and you are 'testing' what you have learnt ...here on this thread....correct??

I think you might struggle trying to explain to the Chamber that 'individual' applies to 'sole traders' as much as it applies to 'consumers' Ben......I truly think you might struggle big time on that one mate......'

Remember, the Lender has caused the Borrower to enter into a MORTGAGE DEED to secure 'INDEBTEDNESS' .....It is not only a speciality contract but it's intent is to secure a debt...That's why the Lender MUST execute the DEED Ben...if it is not executed by the Lender.....then the Lender has not 'assumed' the Deed.....there is no DELIVERY..... The DEED is VOID!!

Ben.... Let me remind you.......A Borrower has no power to GRANT a mortgage.....even if the Borrower is a 'sole trader'...(individual).....there would still be no power to grant a mortgage Ben???

Let me remind you....A mortgage is UNLAWFULLY entered on the title of any registered estate Ben......A deed is void if not executed by the Lender Ben.......

Let me remind you.....The RRO applies to 'individuals' Ben....that applies whether the 'individual' happens to be a 'consumer' or a 'sole trader' Ben.....

Apple

You can say it as many times as you like, still doesn't make what you think you know the actual legal position.

Wait until January and see if you know as much as you think you do .

Ben ;-)

Yes Mark, I am Bones

not a problem

Just remember deeds are used for many things not just to secure a mortgage.

This is true...... However....we are interested in the unlawful mortgage deed here Ben.....

The POA does not secure indebtedness.......it is different legislation that applies to that type of deed as you know...best not to confuse it with the deed spoken of in the LPA section 52 Ben......

Apple

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

Apple I would certainly value your opinions on this topic. One of our primary assertions is that a deed is a specialty contract and requires the signatures of all assenting parties - though this will not always make sense i.e. to express a unilateral intent (if such an intent is really possible if it affects another...). My present understanding is that a mortgage is made by agreement to benefit two parties which makes it, without doubt, a 'specialty' contract.

Hi UNRAM

I am happy to oblige : )

Yes...any document drawn up in 'deed' form will be a 'speciality'..... it is the 'deeds' intent that is important...... the Chamber will know that when we say the Mortgage deed is void...we are are saying that -there was no power to 'mortgage' and ..... the deed has not been executed by the Lender.....

The Mortgage Sale Agreement Deed.....is just that.... a SALE to the SPV...it's intent is not to secure a 'debt' at all.... it's intent is to sell that which the Lender purports to own...which is your house....he sold it.... by deed...for a consideration...it is bilateral...because any sale that relates to land....or any creation or disposition in relation to land must be by deed....A SALE IS A DISPOSITION.....both must sign....Seller and Buyer

The POA is unilateral...because a POA is NOT A SALE.....it is as it says a POA...the Lender knows that he intends to keep his name on the title.....but he has SOLD it to the SPV.....the SPV wants and needs further assurance....the POA 'GRANTS' and assures the SPV and the SPV grants to the Trustee by way of POA all legal and beneficial interests...and so on and so on...

A POA Deed is a 'grant' ...... it is a unilateral obligation.....the deed does not need to be assumed by the donee.....not like a deed that intends to secure indebtedness......

The Mortgage Deed...albeit the 'mortgage' is unlawful......must be executed by the Lender as well as the Borrower if the Lender intends to secure the collateral...(the house) to repay the loan....in the event of a borrowers default...albeit no borrower can be said to be in default of a 'mortgage'.... a 'mortgage' is UNAWFUL...there is NO statutory grounds upon which ANY Lender can secure a mortgage against any registered estate......that includes those since the coming into force of the LPA 1925.....ooooopsss did I just say that..... Yes, I think I did!!!

Apple

You can say it as many times as you like, still doesn't make what you think you know the actual legal position.

Wait until January and see if you know as much as you think you do .

Ben ;-)

Don't tell me ..... you are in bed with the Chamber tooooooo????

If you are.... then, yes, we stand no chance..... I know how much you like speaking of flogging horses..... LOL

Apple

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3731 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks