Employment agency's cretinism

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been working for one employment agency on one of the construction sites at central London for several weeks. Today's morning me and another guy from the same agency came on site, changed our clothes and were ready to start working. The director of the construction company was very surprised to see us there today and he told us that we were not supposed to come today... he said that he had called our agency last week(!!) and told them that Friday would be our last day... The director didn't even know that we had been on site yesterday (on Monday), and he said that the company will not pay us for Monday. I called the agent straight away and asked him what was going on. He said it was his mistake(he said he phoned and texted us, but we have neither missed calles from him nor any text messages) and the agency will pay us for Monday.

While composing this message I received a phone call from the agent. He told me that the payment for this Monday will be made this Friday together with the last week's wages. I didn't object to that, but I asked him if the agency was going to compensate me my today's travel expenses(£10), and he said NO...

I believe that it is the agency who MUST compensate at least today's travel expenses to say nothing but the lost time since last Friday which I could spend searching for another job.

I'm going to wait until my wages are into my bank account this Friday and then I'm planning to demand them to pay my travel expenses, but I need to know the correct way to do so.

Could anyone please tell me what is the best way to claim that money from the agency?

Thank you.

Would you have been paid travel expenses if you had been kept on at the site?

Regardless of that, the OP went to to work in good faith. Only a pi**-poor agency would refuse to pay travel expenses.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Would you have been paid travel expenses if you had been kept on at the site?

No, I wouldn't. But I would definitely not come on site today's morning if they told me in due time that I'm not working there any more. Thus I would definitely not spend any money on that kind of travel.

You might find if you go in shouting and demanding payment not only will they not pay traveling they probably wont offer you any work in the future and just give a basic reference if you name them, your call

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

You might find if you go in shouting and demanding payment not only will they not pay traveling they probably wont offer you any work in the future and just give a basic reference if you name them, your call

I already lost time and money because of them. Now Justice is all I want. I don't need employment from them any more. I even stopped picking up the phone when they call me. I've already had two missed calls from them, but I'm not going to bother to call them back.

He cocked up. he fessed up. It happens. Have you never made an error yourself then?

Cutting off your nose will only spite your face.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!