Lowell/BW Statutory Declaration - old JDW Fashion world CAt DEbt - claimed it was served on Me personally - was NOT!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I most certainly did. Though I'm a little unsure as to how to spell it and, as I act with a respect for the DPA, i don't want to go throwing his name around, in the company of strangers, Just yet :roll:. I'll save that for when I hand his personal post to a person in the business nextdoor. :-x

I've got my SAR Ready to go (Below) I have taken out my name and account details, but left those in of the person who is publically listed anyway.

[ TEXT OF LETTER REMOVED ]

Signed blah blah blah

Calls will be recorded etc...

Edited by ims21
A dangerous letter removed

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That’s all bo******, to be honest. Stick to the standard letters. After all, you are dealing with idiots.

Who is the creditor in this case? Have they said? Is it Lowell? The creditor is totally responsible for the actions of their agent (BWL), so a complaint to the OFT and TS about them is also in order.

I have, in the distant past, had letters from Lowell about this. It's an account that is outstanding from one, rather tough, period of my life, and I do know what it was all about.

However, in the past, I have also put the overall amount in to dispute with Lowell; I just couldn't make the figures add up. I then heard nothing from them until BWL started contacting me.

Certainly DonkeyB.

I had an online account wit JD Williams Trading as 'Fashion world' in 2008. In 2009 the account defaulted after several massive leaps in credit limit.

I applied for the account online and, as I recall, never 'signed' anything, in the traditional sense... But I don't know whether that makes a difference.

In 2011, I started getting letters from Lowell Portfolio, saying that I has an account balance of around £1400.00 give-or-take. I phoned Lowell and explained that I didn't understand how the balance was so high. I believe I asked for a copy of accounts, back then; I recieved nothing apart from the ocassional, standard, demand through the post.

Suddenly, I recieve a letter saying that a Statutory demand has been issued, In January 2013, on behalf of a client of BW Legal to the sum of £1400.00. I had no idea what a statutory demand was and, with everything that was going on at the time, I didn't pay too much attention to it.

I had hundreds of missed phone calls from 01133570529 and eventually called them in March. The chap I spoke to claimed that I had been 'personally' issued a Statutory demand in February (So not January) and he went on to explain that I was in a process of being made bankrupt. I immediately disputed that I had been in receipt of any such document. The case-worker said he would send me a copy of the process servers' account, and could I fill in an income and expendature form?. On the basis that I believed I would recieve an account of the servicing of the demand, I agreed to complete an I&E form. However, I recieved no such copy fot he account, so didn't complete the I&E form. Last week, I started missing phone calls from them again.

Well, a CCA request wouldn’t go amiss, although they won’t need to send one with a signature, as there probably isn’t one – just a check box online.

With the CCA request, you should also demand a full statement of account to see how they arrived at the balance. There may be excessive charges that take the balance below the bankruptcy threshold.

If BWL stated you were in the ‘process of being made bankrupt’, they are lying and deliberately misleading you as to the true legal situation. Bankruptcy cannot happen without you being informed if they know of your whereabouts. More complaints.

Proving BWL are big fibbers won’t get rid of the debt though, so bear that in mind.

Oh lord, please , please do NOT use that letter in post #28.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Please don't misunderstand me; I accept that I must pay the debt, so I don't expect it to be wiped out. I just don't want these yahoos dealing with it. I don't dispute that I do owe money, but I do dispute how much, and I take exception to the way it is being persued. They obviously abuse processes and misquote legislations, with a view to bullying vulnerable people. I'm shocked at some of the cases that I've read about on here.

if its a cat debt

it will be 90% £12 penalty fees

get reclaiming too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That's fair enough. I honestly thought that was a pretty standard letter. Got it off another site.

:lol:

Be careful where you look.....there is an awful lot of this type of nonsense out there.

The letter you posted was by the looks of it, related to the Freeman of the land movement, who appear to believe that they can live in the UK without many laws or rules applying to them, when they don't like them.

i.e they claim that when you are named by your parents on a birth certificate ( a requirement in law) that this is a legal fiction, required by the state so they can have rights over you.

If you look on Youtube you will find loads of videos by them and you see what I mean.

Personally I think there is a small grain of truth in what they say, but only a small grain.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I wonder what that underlined word temples is all about......:???:

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

lmao! I read your reply on my phone. It's taken me ages to work out what you meant! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OK, I'm really sorry, but I can't find anything remotely template-like on that link. Just a lot of stuff about sending a letter directly from the website?:|

BW Legal are very sloppy procedurally. By all means complain and kick up a fuss about the bogus service of the SD.

But to underpin your counter-attack properly, what debt is this SD about? How old is the alleged debt, what did you receive in response to your CCA s.78 request.

Knowing BW, they will merely re-issue the SD at a later date, if they know you have assets such as a house. So don't get too bogged down with the fake SD service, concentrate on defending yourself in case they reissue.

Hi quails.

I completely agree. I want every ounce of ppwk that they have on this account, and I want to know how ligitimate it is for them to chase at all! however, i also want to cause them a longer-term problem.

Toda i have logged a complaint with the OFT and Trading Standards. I have a recording of my latest phone conversation, where the account-handler told me that they "Use the SD as a warning that they intend to exercise their right to make you bankrupt".

I believe that I have managed, over the past couple of days, to gather enough evidence to prove that they are abusing the system.

The Statutory demand is supposed to be a 'last resort' and put in to action AFTER a court ruling has been made in favour of the creditor, but not obeyed by the debtor.

It is NOT meant to be used as a 'tool' to intimidate the debtor, or enforce payment.

If a creditor, or debt collector, intends to use a SD then they must start proceedings within 21 days of the serving of the SD.

(As I didn't actually call them back until over a month AFTER they claim the SD was issued, and they still hadn't done anything but make further threats, I'd say that they've aided in discrediting themselves)

Given the sheer quantity and vulgar nature of some of the accounts of the use of SD's issued by BW Legal that I have found, since January alone, I have also approached BBC Watchdog.

Although the OFT made it clear that they do not advise individuals, as such, they did recoil when I told them about how the SD had been used; particularly when I told them that the person that was assigned to my account had told me it had been "issued as a warning" and that I had been informed that I am to be "made bankrupt".

Also the fact that I had been told that a solicitor is now presenting the petition, but I was not allowed to know who this solicitor is, seemed to interest them.

Luckily, this phone call was recorded. His tone was moderately aggressive and he was certainly aggravated by my questions.

my intention is to force them to rethink their strategies, in general.

Oh, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let Lowell leave my account with BW Legal...

Just in case anybody else is interested, I have found a nice little piece on another forum. If I might add, I am not suggesting that people go tot his forum for any other reason thn to read the thread.

If you're having a similar issue with BW Legal, this might give you a little hope and some reassurance that you can fight them.

sadly we cannot allow links to that site or ref too.

dx

and they