style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I want to find which insurance agency is the house I am renting insured with? For a furnished house, is it binding on LL to provide this information.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards

My agreement reads as

"Assured Short-hold Tenancy Agreement

as defined in section 20 Housing Act 1998".

Is this any different kind of AST which absolves the landlord from his obligation to protect my deposit with DPS ( or others ). Just wondering if this is a trick of the LL.

How can I ensure maximum penalty for not getting any GSC at all in last four years, let alone last two years?

LL has not provided the EPC and the last bi-annual gas servicing. He said he will not get the gas serviced because I am in the house on rolling basis and only after I sign a full 12 months contract will he get the gas serviced.

Will these additional info help press for maximum penalty?

Annual GSC has nothing to do with bi-annual or any gas servicing of appliances. LL is not obliged to service safe, working appliances. Unsafe gas boilers ie combustion gases, flue adequacy and gas pressure are all covered by GSC.

HSE may be interested if annual GSCs not obtained but penalty for first offence will be minor. IMO.

Whilst 10 yr EPC is required to be avail at start of new T, again LL is not required to make any suggested improvements.

You seem to want to cause LL max grief, yet you have revealed nothing about your Tenancy or are your varied questions academic?

If you are dissatified with LL, suggest simplest & cheapest option would be to vacate as soon as you can.

Hello Mariner. Thanks for your reply. My house has warm air heater. The air is heated using gas combustion and exhausted through a small window/outlet in the upper rooms . Is this appliance supposed to be serviced bi-annually.

My LL has never got GSC for last four years, which means he has kept me in a risky place. He had no right to take risk on me and I am grieved about it.

Also can you please tell me if the rent is due on first of each month, then how many grace days do I get to make payment by?

Hello Raydetinu,

Just as DPS, TDS and Mydeposit keep history of deposits protected, are there similar central organisations where GSC records are archived. How can I find if a GSC certificate was issued for the house I live in. I asked the LLand he said that he has lost it and only forgot to give a copy to me.

Thanks

Thanks Mariner for asking that question.

Would that make a difference Mariner? Can you please tell me what rules would be applicable in each case?

Also are there central organisations where GSC records are archived?

Thanks

Not that I am aware of, however copies should be kept at the property, given to tenant.

if lost or misplaced, copies can be obtained from the checking engineer/company that did the inspection; phone call to them would do.

With regards to the clause in typical AST contract "The Tenant indemnifies LL against all damages that arise from breach of any term in this contract", till what date after the conclusion of contract is this applicable.

3 seemingly unrelated questions relating to one Tenancy - LL Ins Co ID, GSC and AST Indemnity clause.

What are you trying to achieve or are the Qs purlely acagemic?

I can only assume the indemnity clause is valid for as long as tenancy continues as AST T&Cs are carried over to SPT.

Hello Mariner,

Many Thanks for your reply. I am asking all the questions in one thread because as per the boards etiquette, there should be one thread per tenancy.

I would like to know weather I can raise a complaint with HSE about lacking GSC certificate after my tenenancy has ended.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards.