Orange want £500 for PAC code

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Its a long story. But basically I need to remove the phone number I have on my Orange contract and put it on another phone on a different contract. BUT, I have another 12 months left on my contract, and they wont give me my PAC code unless I pay a £535 contract cancellation fee.

I am happy to continue paying the orange contract with a new phone number. But they say this is impossible.

What I don't understand is that they are more than happy to give me a new number, but cant give me the PAC code for the current number before they do.

Where do I stand? What are my options?

Thank you in advance

I don't think you have may options I am afraid. Your current number is under contract and if they then release this number to you with change although you still pay the chance are you are more likely to accrue any extra charges on your current number rather than the new one.....

It is part of their t and c's and I cannot think of any way around this.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I don't think you have may options I am afraid. Your current number is under contract and if they then release this number to you with change although you still pay the chance are you are more likely to accrue any extra charges on your current number rather than the new one.....

It is part of their t and c's and I cannot think of any way around this.

That is not correct. They are not allowed to withhold the PAC code even if they claim it is still subject to contract. They must release it and then take civil action if they think you are still subject to some sort of contract. Search the ofcom site for the guidance covering this. See http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/refuse_PAC

• Haha 1

Thanks for the link steveo - I stand corrected.

Josh have they said you have to pay £535 before releasing the number of will charge you £535 if they do

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Thanks for the link steveo - I stand corrected.

Josh have they said you have to pay £535 before releasing the number of will charge you £535 if they do

No problem. Josh, have they given a breakdown of how this amount is calculated? They would only be entitled to the monthly payments for the remainder of the contract, less the savings they make by you nt using the service anymore, so included texts, calls, etc. need to be taken away from this amount. Also part of ofcom guidance. Also in my opinion some of the ruling in the Ashbourne Management Services Limited Case with the oft are relevant, see http://www.oft.gov.uk/OFTwork/consumer-enforcement/consumer-enforcement-completed/ashbourne/ams-qanda#.UYwrr2t5mK0

Get your PAC via phone by all means.

Once you have this, your next step is to inform them that they have broken Ofcom's rules and that you want to complain about this.

Your complaint should be in writing (maybe email the CEO [email protected])

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar