Used car and SOGA.....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All.

I bought a 18 month old BMW last May for £21K,

the day after I picked it up it was back in for a repair under warranty to a faulty rear brake light.

Since then it has been in a further 4 times for various things ranging from ECU resets to a complete replacement soft-top.

Its currently in BMW now after being recovered as it wouldn't start at all.

My warranty will expire in Nov and as the car has been into the dealer (where I purchased it) for 5 warranty repairs in 12 months

I am a little nervous of large bills landing on my doorstep once the warranty has expired.

I have spoken with the dealer and requested they provide a 1 year extension to my warranty as I feel that a BMW with 13k on the clock

and less than 3 years old, should not be in for repairs 5 times in a 12 month period. They are not overly helpful but are talking it over.

What my question to you guys is, would SOGA apply as the car is not fit for purpose or something like that?

Any other comments or advice?

Many thanks

Steve

yes def

all warranties are in ADDITION to your statutory rights under SOGA.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

The car was previously owned by BMW so the history is completely known. The latest update is that BMW didn't even argue. I requested an additional years warranty due to the amount of time it went in for work and they agreed and did it. Wasn't expecting that! Thumbs up to BMW UK on this occasion.

Thanks for all the replies.