how little money can a person live on

estellyn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Spices aren't cheap and restocking the cupboard would soon come round....on £1 a day I cant imagine being able to buy chicken and duck etc. Mind you most people have fridges and freezders, I don't have either.

Meat is a minimum of £3 a portion if you want non.....

water added tumbled, slat added, protein added etc junk.

A pork chop that is 80% pork???? wtf???

It's why I buy form farmers market stalls.

I buy all goods form Lidl and save 50p to £1 an item so...... put that towards my meat! Same price but the quality I get is.... simple!

I wish there were more lidl stores, nearest one to me would cost me a fortune in fares and take a 4 hour round trip by bus/train lol....I think I need to move lol

Bear Grylis could last years with nothing more than a knife and a flint n steel :-)

Maybe DWP could run survivalist courses and we could become feral. Living in the hills and woods and only coming out at night.

I thought that that was already the case in some parts of the country! I sometimes wonder where some people live given their total lack of social skills and good manners - maybe they do live in the deepest of woods or in underground shelters as it is quite clear that some parts of our cities are over run with ferral humans at night.

Did I take too many painkillers today (and am hallucinating) or has speedfreek lost the plot, I swear I thought I read he was talking about penguins and giraffes - but thats what strong opiates do to me, I think I read the strangest things.

I fear milk of the Poppy is not to blame on this occasion, penguins and giraffes were indeed mentioned within the post.

Edited by osdset

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

kids today and I'm only 40 :madgrin:

Monty Python; Scott of the Sahara explains some of it... maybe..

Hah. I'm 40 as well, and I think Estellyn might be younger. I was just never a Python fan :wink:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

By the time you include the electric / gas to cook the food, it'll cost more than £1.

I have got by (not by choice) on around £12 a week for food. I bought porridge oats, which lasted me a few weeks and used milk powder instead of milk.

I think most of us are concerned about the 60 foot nuclear electric penguins that are routinely provided to immigrants from Romania.

Hi,

as a Romanian immigrate, I am now cuddling my penguin. I am so happy, I love your country!

pitcher

Awop-Bop-A-Loo-Mop-Alop-Bam-Boom. ~ Little Richard.

Hah. I'm 40 as well, and I think Estellyn might be younger. I was just never a Python fan :wink:

My story is I'm 26! If you looked on my birth certificate then it might say I reach the dreaded (whispers 4-0) in a few years. I'm just really young at heart, and no, also never got into Python. My husband, on the other hand, walked in as I was watching the youtube clip, and said 'that's Monty Python' (he's older and has the box sets). He then read speedfreak's post and insisted that it made so little sense, it must be a bot, and what was I doing clicking on a link from a bot (cue short lecture).

Ahh, time for some more 'milk of the poppy' and to look out the back door for my cat, who is missing yet again.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

My story is I'm 26! If you looked on my birth certificate then it might say I reach the dreaded (whispers 4-0) in a few years. I'm just really young at heart, and no, also never got into Python. My husband, on the other hand, walked in as I was watching the youtube clip, and said 'that's Monty Python' (he's older and has the box sets). He then read speedfreak's post and insisted that it made so little sense, it must be a bot, and what was I doing clicking on a link from a bot (cue short lecture).

Speedfreek isn't a bot. He's just...novel. Interesting. Unique. Forum would be a poorer place without him.

My wife is a huge Python fan (she's 42 and Canadian/American - they love their Python over there) but I haven't asked her if she got the reference yet. I'll see what she says tomorrow.

Ahh, time for some more 'milk of the poppy' and to look out the back door for my cat, who is missing yet again.

Hope he or she turns up soon. I used to have to deal with an un-neutered male that went AWOL every damn day. They say you should call your cat something appropriate, but I really hated standing at the back door yelling "Spermbank! Come here boy!"

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Speedfreek isn't a bot. He's just...novel. Interesting. Unique. Forum would be a poorer place without him.

Yeah, I explained that speedfreek is somewhat......individual.

Hope he or she turns up soon. I used to have to deal with an un-neutered male that went AWOL every damn day. They say you should call your cat something appropriate, but I really hated standing at the back door yelling "Spermbank! Come here boy!"

Giggling now!

Missy is a stereotypical curious cat, has no fear, and keeps getting trapped in places she investigates. Her brother is a scaredy-cat and is currently enjoying being an 'only cat' and being allowed to sleep on the bed with husband.

Found cat. She got chased/scared off her usual territory and couldn't find her way back. Found her crouched in a car wheel arch meowing, scared and hungry. Happy now.

Found cat. She got chased/scared off her usual territory and couldn't find her way back. Found her crouched in a car wheel arch meowing, scared and hungry. Happy now.

Excellent. Glad Missy is safe.