style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4022 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.I've got a problem with a bailiff. Can a bailiff put a levy on my cars parked on my drive and get them towed away. Do I have to sign the levy form?. Should I Park somewhere else?. Can they get my details from dvla. Thanks

Hi, can you provide some more details. have aske the site team to put your thread in an appropriate forum.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi everyone.I've got a problem with a bailiff. Can a bailiff put a levy on my cars parked on my drive and get them towed away. Do I have to sign the levy form?. Should I Park somewhere else?. Can they get my details from dvla. Thanks

DVLA love selling your details to just about anybody, so yes they can. Yes, park it some where else and with regards to signing levy, you could sign it foxtrot oscar. I'm a firm believer of not signing NOTHING unless it benefits me, my family and / or friends. Oh and with regards to the car being on the drive, what the nonses normally do is clamp, go away and hope you pay up, if not, they come back with a tow vehicle and charge you for stealing it. If I was you, hide the thing or get some wreck with no engine planted there, let them tow that and try and auction it. Have some fun with the nonses.

The Banksta Buster.

:-x :-x

What are they collecting for? Any response depends on the debt being chased.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What are they collecting for? Any response depends on the debt being chased.
its an old council tax bill. I have been paying the council on line. Bailiff called 2 days ago and put a letter through my door and added 130 pounds to my bill. Thanks

You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How many times has the Bailiff visited? Was the letter he posted a Notice of Seizure? Do you know what other fees he has charged?
they have visited 4 times. Letter says. Important notice. A bailiff removal team visited today to remove your goods for sale by public auction. We owe the council 350 ish. We owe bailiff 800 ish. Thanks

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

You need a proper breakdown of the charges they have applied. Use & adapt as you see fit the document above. Send initially by email - tonight - followed by a copy in the post - tomorrow. I would hazard a guess they have levied your car but have they ever had access to your home? If you have been given a Notice of Seizure then can you list the goods on it exactly as they are described.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

You need a proper breakdown of the charges they have applied. Use & adapt as you see fit the document above. Send initially by email - tonight - followed by a copy in the post - tomorrow. I would hazard a guess they have levied your car but have they ever had access to your home? If you have been given a Notice of Seizure then can you list the goods on it exactly as they are described.

The goods they have levied in my home are the tv and dvd player. I believe it's called an invalid levy. Thanks

Hi everyone.I've got a problem with a bailifflink3.gif. Can a bailifflink3.gif put a levylink3.gif on my cars parked on my drive and get them towed away. Do I have to sign the levy form?. Should I Park somewhere else?. Can they get my details from dvla. Thanks

Yes

Yes

No

Definitely yes

Yes.

Are the tv and dvd player the only things on the levy?

Did they identify the items by make, model, serial number and did they include the remote controls on the levy?

Is the value of the goods levied sufficient to pay the bailiffs fees, removal costs and some of the debt?

If the answer to these questions is no then it's an invalid levy but get ready for a fight,

Send the letters already mentioned ( re: Ploddertom)

Illegitimi non carborundum

DVLA love selling your details to just about anybody, so yes they can. Yes, park it some where else and with regards to signing levy, you could sign it foxtrot oscar. I'm a firm believer of not signing NOTHING unless it benefits me, my family and / or friends. Oh and with regards to the car being on the drive, what the nonses normally do is clamp, go away and hope you pay up, if not, they come back with a tow vehicle and charge you for stealing it. If I was you, hide the thing or get some wreck with no engine planted there, let them tow that and try and auction it. Have some fun with the nonses.

Hi MagnaCarta, what if I sign the V5 form selling it to my partner? can they then still clamp or tow the car? If they did clamp can the new owner claim they own the clamp on the vehicle also?

I would of thought if they clamped the car and leave, it becomes an abandoned Levy?