Pension Credit

Angel104
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We had a letter in march from The DWP saying that from the 8th April we would be paid £0.11 a week pension credit. We have now received a letter from the council saying they have suspended our claim because we no longer get pension credit. We are confussed because the DWP are paying it so why would the council say we are not? Do you think the council have made a mistake.

We had a letter in march from The DWP saying that from the 8th April we would be paid £0.11 a week pension credit. We have now received a letter from the council saying they have suspended our claim because we no longer get pension credit. We are confussed because the DWP are paying it so why would the council say we are not? Do you think the council have made a mistake.

For some reason if there is going to be a breakdown in communications between the DWP and a local authority you can guarantee that the Pension Service are involved in it somewhere.

Get the council to tell you what they have been told and by whom.

Where a person is in receipt of PC and HB, the pension service will notify the LA of any changes in the PC. The LA has to follow the pension service notification and income figures, even if the LA knows it is wrong.

I had a case many years ago where a person was receiving an occupational pension of £130 per month. The pension service incorrectly input it as £130 per week and notified this to the LA. The person tried appealing to the LA and the LA accepted the pension service was wrong, but had to use the figure until pension service changed their records. It was appalling, both the LA and the claimant pestered the pension service on a daily basis, still took the pension service over a month to sort it out.

I woud ask the LA for a copy of the notification they have received from the pension service and then challenge the pension service

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Where a person is in receipt of PC and HB, the pension service will notify the LA of any changes in the PC. The LA has to follow the pension service notification and income figures, even if the LA knows it is wrong.

I had a case many years ago where a person was receiving an occupational pension of £130 per month. The pension service incorrectly input it as £130 per week and notified this to the LA. The person tried appealing to the LA and the LA accepted the pension service was wrong, but had to use the figure until pension service changed their records. It was appalling, both the LA and the claimant pestered the pension service on a daily basis, still took the pension service over a month to sort it out.

I woud ask the LA for a copy of the notification they have received from the pension service and then challenge the pension service

That sounds like the norm for the Pension Service.

I had Guaranteed Pension Credit from October 2009 until August 2010. I appealed against the loss of it. In doing so I received a whole wad of papers from the Pension Service that they sent to the Tribunal (with a copy for me) I lost the appeal, but that isn't the point. In those submissions the Pension Service stated, quite correctly those dates that I was awarded it (Oct 09 - Aug 10). However the LA had been told by the Pension Service that my award was from April 2010 until August 2010.

I refused to pay the Council Tax for the period October 2009 to April 2010 (28 weeks) as it was covered by the Pension Credit award. The LA now have a Magistrates Court Order to pay it and last week I had a visit from a bailiff!!

The LA fully accept what was in that document that I was awarded it, but refuse to allow Council Tax Benefit to be given to me for that 28 week period until the Pension Service sort the thing out. They have been 'sorting it out with the LA for over 6 months now and still no one from the Pension Service will speak to the LA.

I am having to pay over £700 in Council Tax plus bailiff costs and court costs because the Pension Service gave duff info to the LA back in 2010 and I am not even liable to pay it!!

The LA are very sympathetic and say that based on the legal documents sent by the Pension Service to the Tribunal and my award letter dated October 2009 I shouldn't have to pay it, BUT, their hands are tied.

Thank you for your replies. I have Just found another letter that we received at the start of April saying we are getting pension credit. So first thing monday morning we are going to the council offices.

Thank you for your replies. I have Just found another letter that we received at the start of April saying we are getting pension credit. So first thing monday morning we are going to the council offices.

Good luck but remember the LA will want the info direct from the Pension Service themselves. In my experience the letter you have will not be accepted as proof.