Mail Order Debt sent to DCA who cant supply the signed agreement.

cantosis
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

Been getting chased for an old debt with a well known catolougue company, sent the signed agreement request letter, after a couple of weeks I got a letter back today basically saying. "your original creditor has provided us with the attached reconstituted copy of the credit agreement you entered into with them, which they confirm you would have signed prior to the granting of credit to you". Under 77/78 of the consumer Credit act of 1974, we are not obliged to send you the exact copy of your signed agreement. We are permitted by those sections of the consumer credit act 1974 to provide you with a reconstituted copy of the version you would have signed"

Anyway not sure what my step is here, they have not supplied me with a copy of the signed agreement, what should my next move be??

Any help much appreciated

regards

Can you give more info on the debt, and if possible scan and post up a copy of the agreement in PDF format. Minus the personal info and reference numbers.

Also, which DCA is it?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Its Lowell, the agreement has name and address on it at the top and the date issued on the bottom. there is no account number or signature on it. its for just over £500 originally with Littlewoods

Can you post a copy? Even a reconstituted agreement has to comply with certain rules.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

You need to convert them to PDF. This site doesnt like Pics. Make sure to take the time to edit out all personal info.

Here they are, I folded out the bit that has name and adress printed at the top, it basically says Credit Agreement regulated by the comsumer credit act 1974. the agreement is behind us, Shop Direct Finance Company Limited. whose registed office is at Aintree Inovention centre pack Lane, and you the consumer described below(where name and address is printed)... I missed a bit of their address off but you get the idea.

So they sent you the original terms and conditions but no application form and no current terms? I dont think that qualifies as a reconstituted agreement.

When did you take out this agreement?