New parking FINE scheme announced at work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So today a notice goes round to all users in my organisation entitled:

Parking penalty notice scheme goes live next Monday

It contains the following information and is accompanied by a picture of a yellow ticket with black chequer border and the words Penalty Charge Notice on the yellow part

From next Monday people parking in disabled bays or on yellow lines without displaying a valid disabled badge will be ticketed, as will people parking in drop-off bays or blocking access for patients and staff outside of marked bays. Fines of £75 will be applied and are administered by a contracted external company

I can't wait! I almost want to come in by car and park 'illegally' so I can have some fun!

A reminder to the twonk that dreamt up the photoshop image that PENALTY CHARGE notices are the preserve of authorirties covered by the Road Traffic Act 1991 and consequent Parking Orders and are thus only to be used by them and even the wording is copyright.

This could be an interesting one, (depending on how far you want to take it)

You obviously have a contract of employment, your employer is advising you of a change.

You haven't refused to accept it, just told them the wording is not permitted. (Assume you have quoted an accepted reference to that).

You intend to park and get a ticket, then go head to head with your company, (although initially through their external contractors).

I'm always interested in these types of cases, keep us posted.

I would be interested in your references to the word "fine" as not being permitted from a personal point of view as well.

I have read of a case where it has been allowed by the judge, and have often wondered how library fines have become recognised as an acceptable term.

If you have any info, please post it up, as it's a personal research job I'm doing.

Thanks.

This could be an interesting one, (depending on how far you want to take it)

You obviously have a contract of employment, your employer is advising you of a change.

You haven't refused to accept it, just told them the wording is not permitted. (Assume you have quoted an accepted reference to that).

You intend to park and get a ticket, then go head to head with your company, (although initially through their external contractors).

I'm always interested in these types of cases, keep us posted.

I would be interested in your references to the word "fine" as not being permitted from a personal point of view as well.

I have read of a case where it has been allowed by the judge, and have often wondered how library fines have become recognised as an acceptable term.

If you have any info, please post it up, as it's a personal research job I'm doing.

Thanks.

The words Fine and Penalty were included in the notice to all staff, I haven't seen any car park notices yet or heard from anyone that has received a 'ticket'

I don't come to work by car and don't really intend to, although there are times when I get called out and may use the car then if public transport isn't available, on those occasions I will certainly be ignoring any parking fees as I have to be here to support the service

JOINT copyright, obviously. The Road Traffic Act applies to all authorities equally, same as all other enabling legislation that devolves responsibilites for education and social care.

green and mean should read a bit more before before jumping in with his assertions of stupidity otherwise it could backfire and people think his statements are more fitting of the label..

I thought it best to ignore that too.

How do several boroughs all own the same copyright?

JOINT copyright, obviously. The Road Traffic Act applies to all authorities equally, same as all other enabling legislation that devolves responsibilites for education and social care.

green and mean should read a bit more before before jumping in with his assertions of stupidity otherwise it could backfire and people think his statements are more fitting of the label..

The Road Traffic Act is crown copyright in itself.