Help needed solicitor threatening legal action***Claimant Discontinues action***

y1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a few days left to submit my defence and would appreciate if someone could confirm if any further improvements or corrections are required to the following defence, thanks.

1. The defendant acknowledge applying for an account, but cannot confirm or deny whether such an account complies with the requirements of CCA 1974.
  2. The lawful arrears of xxx were paid on …. in respect of the default notice that was issued on ….
  3. The claimant brings his claim to court without entitlement and where the breach was remedied according to the Act.
  4. It is further claimed that the claimant forms an unfair relationship by taking action without entitlement and seeking money where he has no entitlement and I ask the court to consider an order to strike out the claim and deduct all unfair charges added to the account.
  5. It is averred that no sums are due as provisions within CCA74 S87(1)(b) preclude any claim for unpaid sums where S88 requirements are not complied with.
  6. I believe that the facts stated in this defence are true.

Yes thats ok y1234

Perhaps just replace 6 with . . By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy, I have made the changes below and will submit if there are no further comments. Two further questions - do I need a statement of truth at the end and if claimant issues a new DN how do I challenge the unfair fees added to the account which makes up over a third of the debt.

1. The defendant acknowledge applying for an account, but cannot confirm or deny whether such an account complies with the requirements of CCA 1974.
  2. The lawful arrears of xxx were paid on …. in respect of the default notice that was issued on ….
  3. The claimant brings his claim to court without entitlement and where the breach was remedied according to the Act.
  4. It is further claimed that the claimant forms an unfair relationship by taking action without entitlement and seeking money where he has no entitlement and I ask the court to consider an order to strike out the claim and deduct all unfair charges added to the account.
  5. It is averred that no sums are due as provisions within CCA74 S87(1)(b) preclude any claim for unpaid sums where S88 requirements are not complied with.
  6. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

If submitting vis a MCOL then no it does not require a SoT.

By challenge you can either make a PT20 counter claim and submit that with your defence or you may use it as leverage to mitigate the balance and use as a bargaining tool...no guarantees for either option Im afarid

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 1 month later...

Thank you all once again for the help in filing defence, solicitor has discontinued claim. Am I right that under part 38.7 they can seek permission to file another claim, thanks.

I think they can, yes – but as this was not yet allocated, and you had filed a defence, I think you should try for your costs.

A claimant who discontinues a claim needs the permission of the court to make another claim against the same defendant if –

(a) he discontinued the claim after the defendant filed a defence; and

(b) the other claim arises out of facts which are the same or substantially the same as those relating to the discontinued claim.

Any new claim would essentially be the same, and you could object to any such application on those grounds.

Well done y1234

Assuming you have received the N292 and the court having received same I will amend your thread title to reflect the result.

Well done.

Regards

Andy

But you have received the N292 Notice of Discontinuance?

You need to have it from the court. Was the solicitor letter an official court document? Or just a letter on the solicitors headed paper?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Received letter from solicitor written on their headed paper enclosing a separate notice of discontinuance signed and stamped by the solicitor. I believe this satisfies part 38.3 below and assume the solicitor would have filed this with the court as well. Do I need to check with the court and thanks for raising this Renegadeimp.

(1) To discontinue a claim or part of a claim, a claimant must –

(a) file a notice of discontinuance; and

(b) serve a copy of it on every other party to the proceedings.

Excellent but I would still check with the Court as it means nothing unless they have it on their system also y1234...I would assume they have and then you can relax.