style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to Work next week! Whohoo!

They upheld that I made changes, however they were not convinced this was dishonestly and more down to the local interpretation of the policy as I explained.

I have been given a 1st written warning, and I must do some additional training on the new policy that my manager claims is in draft form at the moment.

I was given the right to question and that was right at the top of my list, if there is a new policy been written why have I never seen it or been involved in it although I have the responsibility of doing the work, my manager did not really respond only to say it was being ratified.

Thank you to all for you support, it helped me get through some pretty dark days and focus my mind. I would particularly like to say thanks to Emmzzi for all your input, absolute star!

I am enjoying the moment for now but am aware, I have to face my accusers next week, so a couple of challenges yet.

But for now its Pimms o,clock!

I will be back regularly to see if I can be of support to anyone else in the same situation:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

Great result........but don't you agree, what a load of c@@p. Did it really need this fiasco, they could have done all this at the investigation.

Not trying to put you down, but do you really think anything you said or did today, actually had a bearing on the outcome.

Well it gave them the feeling they were God for the day and they go home happy and the wife gets a good time ;-)

Congratulations, just go back to work and forget it ( except any lessons learnt)

I'm pleased for you ;-)

Yes I know what you mean, I feel I made it clear that this could have been dealt with at departmental level, but I fear there were dark forces at work!

Eyes wide open and back covering will be the name of the game until I am in a position to move on.

Hope all goes well for you smoke jumper, I know first hand how helpless you feel when faced with this and how isolated it makes you feel, and I will check in with any support I am able to offer.

well done :) Sitting tight is a killer but often worth it! Really pleased this has panned out. Enjoy your last days of rest!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

1. Hey all me again, just a thought , now I have had the weekend to think. They said in the disciplinary that they upheld the allegations although they did not believe I had done anything dishonest, if this is the case, why would they believe a first warning is in order, does anyone out their think this is worth appealing?

only reason I ask is, after the way I have been treated if something came up I would like to move on, but surely a warning would not look good for me?

Also I would like to rejoin my union after 4 years out, would they refuse to support me because of the written warning?

union should take you back, but require a letter explaining why you left in first place, unions are losing strength and need you....however they would not support you for stuff before rejoining.

Up to you regarding appeal, will it be more stress? I think final warning lasts 18 months...should say on your letter.

1. Hey all me again, just a thought , now I have had the weekend to think. They said in the disciplinary that they upheld the allegations although they did not believe I had done anything dishonest, if this is the case, why would they believe a first warning is in order, does anyone out their think this is worth appealing?

only reason I ask is, after the way I have been treated if something came up I would like to move on, but surely a warning would not look good for me?

Also I would like to rejoin my union after 4 years out, would they refuse to support me because of the written warning?

I think they are saying you did not follow procedure, but did so with no malice intended.

That is still a misconduct.

Are you ware a penalty can be increased on appeal? Rare, but it happens....

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Reason i mentioned is because they also said that departmental policy is clearly an issue and they may well recommend an audit into the department, because all witnesses backed my claims that guidelines were grey and open to local interpretation.

But I am aware a penalty can be increased, so would for that reason possibly leave things as they stand so long as the warning reads as well as it sounded in the meeting.

Just concerned managers may be able to take issue at a small problem and use it as leverage to increase the penalty.

Paranoia is back!

Hi smoke jumper, only left because I moved to different location although with the same organisation but failed to reinstate union affiliation, I had attempted to re-join prior to this problem and the rep failed to come back to me.

They said warning would last 12 months, just wondered if they would mention in a reference if I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to move on.

Anyway, enough about me, how are you doing?

My concern is

- you knew you were not following procedure

- instead of escalating it for a change in procedure, you did what the boss said

I personally would give a warning for that, or maybe a dismissal depending on what it was.

So I already think you got off lightly.... and am concerned it's the relief and the flush of victory making you over confident...!

Hi Emmzzi, think i was following procedure as per managers and previous person instuctions who carried out the task over 4 years, very reliant on their input in the absence of a local policy.

By the way forgot to mention said manager also turned up with her union rep at my disciplinary, so obviously feels vulnerable and this is the reason i am slightly concerned, re the written warning.

The manager on the panel was not impressed and is possibly going to ask for an in depth audit which will show up exactly what i have said, so will be obvious that the person raising the concern actually forgot or failed to mention this is how they have been doing this for past 4 years.

I am just thinking about protecting myself going forward, because I am pretty sure my manager is not going to be too happy about this.

By the way, one of my changes was a mistake and I corrected that, the other I stood by as this is the way I was told to do it.

I obviously don't want to cause myself anymore stress but equally don't want to leave myself wide open to attack for the next 12months.

But as always will take on board your advice and tread carefully.

You protect yourself by being whiter than white, do what you are asked, if you think something is amiss then email for clarification, cc higher managers in ONLY if your manager is clearly after you, let them throw the proverbial first punch

Well done in your return, i used to say to people the best way to handle going back is with a great big smile on your face and make sure to greet your potential "foes" with a bigger smile and good morning, if you want to scream, call them, cry, that is what the drive home is for until you settle again

Coming out of this with a warning is good, i said back a few pages here employers don't often return people without any warning as a way to validate suspending you in the first place, neutral act or not. Chin up and re-find your mojo!