Backdoor Arrows CCJ - old Cap1 Card Debt Prob SB'd **SET ASIDE**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4002 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have a bit of trouble I need help with.

I was recently rejected for a flat that I wanted to rent due to a CCJ for £287 filed in Aug 2012.

I traced where it came from and Northampton County Court told me its from Arrow Global and that they stated I have made an agreement to pay monthly but did not keep up with this.

I never made an agreement with them!!

I have 1 letter from then at my old address asking for £200 but I have written on the bottom that I called them to ask where this debt had come from and asked for the information to be sent through in writing as I am not acknowledging the debt without knowing what its for.

They never wrote to me again after that so I forgot about it.

I now have a CCJ!!

I am annoyed because I have had no letters about this, I did move again in March 2012 but my mail was redirected to here so I would of got a letter.

I also got nothing from the court telling me of a date, and nothing to say I have a CCJ.

I mean, im on the council tax list, voters register everything so why have i had no letters?!?!

I have traced this debt back using the reference number the court gave me and it relates to an old credit card I had 10 years ago.

It was so long ago I have no paperwork for it but I definitely have made no payments or acknowledged a debt on this card for well over 6 years so I didnt think it would go to court.

Obviously it is a debt company who has bought the debt I dont know how many times since the card company owned it but I have not once acknowledged it so I didnt think it would be acted upon.

I now have a CCJ on my file for 6 years stopping me from being able to rent a flat and all for £200 which I would of just paid had I of been made aware of all this.

DO i have any sort of re-course?

The claimant in court stated I made an agreement but this is not true.

Can i argue this as I was given no court date to attend?!?

Any help apreciated.

Hello there.

Given what you've said you could make an application to have the judgment 'set aside'. For this to succeed you need to meet two key points:

a) you must make the application promptly

b) you must have a reasonable prospect of success

b you certainly meet due to the potential that this debt is subject to the statute of limitations. the promptness argument might be a little more difficult as could be judges out there that feel the application hasn't been made promptly enough - that said you should look to argue that you made the application as soon as you became aware of the judgment. I think it would be a pretty rotten judge that wouldn't allow the application.

More info on setting judgments aside here: http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=12_how_to_set_aside_a_judgment_in_the_county_court

thanks for that info. Do i need to apply to the court where it was issued though, Northampton? Thats 300 miles away from where I live. Ive never lived near Northampton. Can i go to my local County Court?

Any successful application will transfer the claim to your local County Court for hearing.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

hi, i have been and got the N244 form you said about but i have no clue how to fill it out. I read the guidance notes but it says its an application for a court order. i dont really understand what im supposed to put on it.

firstly do i put Northampton County Court in the top right box or do I put my local Court? And where do I send it?

Question 3 says what order are you asking the court to make and why, i have no idea!

Any help apreciated as im not confident in what im doing at all.

• 2 months later...

hi all,

I found out about a CCJ on my credit file when I was rejected to rent a flat. I traced it and worked out they had written to a previous address and this is why I had no knowledge of it. The debt was from 2007 and for £200.

I went to my local court and today was told it would be set aside as I had no knowledge of it.

What happens now though? I didnt want to ask the judge as she looked a bit mean! lol.

She said they would serve notice again to my new address, what does this mean? Will I get an oppertunity to pay it without it going back to court?

You will receive a notice from the court "General form of Order". This will be sent to both you and the claimant.

If you wish to repay the debt then the company may well write to you. I do not think it will be in their interest to reissue the claim to your new address.

If you give us some idea what the debt was for then perhaps we can offer other advice :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I will alert the site team for you to see if they can advise whether you should approach the company or wait for them to approach you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

can I suggest you get an SAR off to cap1

WHO took you to court?

do you know?

[the claimant]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok i must not be talking sense sorry,

the credit card was taken out in 2004, my last payment i made to it was in 2007 so not quite the 6 years ago to claims statute of limitations. The debt was sold from capital one to Arrow Global in 2011. They took me to court without me knowing and the CCJ was filed in August 2012.

I only found out about the CCJ on my file in March 2013 when I was rejected for a flat rental. I then applied to my local court for them to set aside judgement as I was not aware of the proceedings.

Today the Judge agreed to set aside judgement.

I probably do owe the £200 remaining balance on the card and Im happy to pay it but im just wondering what he procedure is now.

I presume both parties myself and the claimant arrow global will receive a letter regarding the judgement being set aside.

Do arrow global then write to me asking to pay the outstanding amount or do they file another claim and serve notice to me at my current address or what?

I just want a chance to pay before it goes to court again.

You are back in the same position as though they hadn't issued any court papers, so for them to continue they would need to reissue the claim from the beginning to the correct address.

It is up to you whether you wish to pay it off and get rid of it or check to see if they are any charges / ppi or dispute mount etc by sending the sar as suggested above.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor Arrows CCJ - old Cap1 Card Debt Prob SB'd **SET ASIDE**