bailiff in charge not answering my call after postin bailiff removal for broken agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi.

scared and confused, dont know whats gonna happen and when this is gonna happen! please help!

had this agreement with rossendales to pay £25.00 per week for about 3yrs now after allowing them in and signing a walking possession to set up payment plan. this was for a few liability orders for couciltax. never missed a payment but think i made a late payment in jan/feb.

on 28th feb i went online to make payment as usual but wouldnt accept payment saying i had to contact[EDIT] on the number given. rang stright away but [EDIT] was rather grumpy sayin he had not looked through paperwork n to rind back in few days.

i then tried making payment on automated phone line which was accepted. on thurs 7th march i recieved 3 bailiff removal forms hand delivered noted- no further arrangements are acceptable and payment is required in full. - no contact will be taken as your refusal to pay. baliff in charge [EDIT]. i rang [EDIT] got thru to answerphone so left message. rang again on fri morning..no answer. again in afternoon and finally spoke to him. asked for my name ect and to call back so he could get paperwork. was at work so asked if 5pm was ok. this was ok but when i called him aft work i kept getting disconnected so sent him text message explaining.

dont know when hes coming for my things, i dont have money to pay in full which i think is £504.00 + £795.00 +£817.00. just want it to end so think ide rather him take my things cos they have no value to me, not worth anything really.

Edited by seanamarts
Do not name bailiff please - tidied up thread

slow down.............

You need a breakdown of all the fees that have been added to your account as no doubt the bailiffs have taken you as a cash cow

You need to find out what is owed to the council

What items do they have a levy on can you list them i

Regardless of what BS the bailiff comes out there will be no locksmith and no taking your stuff

Just because the bailiff has been in before there is NO right of entry and he can not force entry

you do not need to deal with the bailiffs and should be going direct to the council

Ask the council

How many liability orders they have/had for you

How much was each one for

When were they obtained

When were they passed to bailiffs for enforcement.

Then send this to the bailiffs

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme bailiff Co

bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject access request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

• Confused 1

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

hi.

the three liability orders remaining..

15/07/09 list of goods

1. wood display unit

2. samsung tv + remote(which broke so now have toshiba that was given to me)

3.crown dvd +remote

4.sharp hifi system(faulty)

5. wooden dining table ( actually only preparing table 25"x20"

6. 2 bar stools

7. microwave

8. toaster

15/09/11

1.sony tv +remote

2.sony dvd player(never had so must mean crown dvd)

3.sharp cd player

4.wooden tv stand

5.coffee table(only cost £5.00 2nd hand)

6.pine cabinet

7.pine cupboard

22/10/12

1.toshiba tv

2.crown dvd player

3.skyhd box

4.sharp music centre( same sharp stereo)

5.2 sharp speakers(actually thomson n faulty)

6.coffee table

7 bookcase

my tv is toshiba now. previous tv's broke so was given this one. always given to me so dont last.

the wood display unit from list 15/7/09 is either wooden tv stand or bookcase.

thanx. so if he turns up today or mon do i have to let hjim in as i signed this agreement?

Are the same goods levied on all the liability Orders?, These items if taken and sold would go nowhere to clearing the bailiff fees, and a portion of the debt imho, so it could be argued the bailiff levied solely to garner fees for himself.

You don't have to let him in he would have to get permission from the council, and magistrates to force entry, and notify you in writing of a date and time of attendance.

In the meantime do as I hate bailiffs has suggested and put them all on strict proof of debt and charges.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

yes some items are the same on the 3 remaining orders. the previous orders which i think are paid off also has the same items listed. on low income so cant afford new things. only replace broken items. thanks so much for your help, will do what you advise

I have to agree the levy could be argued it has been done to line the pockets of the bailiffs as only for there financial gain

you need that breakdown

but in the mean time you do not need to let the bailiff in to your home so don't

The bailiff has a liability order not a court warrant or whatever they call it they are relying on fear and intimidation to get your money

bailiffs lie there will be no locksmith no arrest no police

keep off the phone to the bailiffs no texts no nothing

If they return speak to them through letterbox or upstairs window with phone on record if possible

If/when they return it may be two of them with a van keep them out

you will be breaking no law by refusing to deal with the bailiffs

Any further payments should be made direct to the council online or automated telephone service using correct reference number

get the details from the council as i am sure there figures will be very different to the bailiffs

hi.

i have sent both council and bailiffs email asking them to provide information. is this ok??

wondering how long it would take for the bailiffs to get permission from the courts and council to force entry?

i have already made this weeks payment to the bailiffs using the automated phone line. as from now do i make this same payment but to the counci through their website? will this be taken off my arrears or be taken as payment towards this years ctax??

hi

i have sent both the coucil and bailiffs an email asking them to provide information, is this ok?

wondering how long it would take bailiffs to to get permission from the council and the courts to force entry? also i have made this wks payment to the bailiffs so do i make next wks payment to the council on their website?? worried...will they take payment off my arrears or take payment towards this yrs council tax? ref number seems to be the same for this address.

thanx again for your help

hi.

i have sent both council and bailiffs email asking them to provide information. is this ok??

wondering how long it would take for the bailiffs to get permission from the courts and council to force entry?

i have already made this weeks payment to the bailiffs using the automated phone line. as from now do i make this same payment but to the counci through their website? will this be taken off my arrears or be taken as payment towards this years ctax??

Please read post# 9

hi

i have sent both the coucil and bailiffs an email asking them to provide information, is this ok?

wondering how long it would take bailiffs to to get permission from the council and the courts to force entry? also i have made this wks payment to the bailiffs so do i make next wks payment to the council on their website?? worried...will they take payment off my arrears or take payment towards this yrs council tax? ref number seems to be the same for this address.

from what i can make of it there are 3 liability orders you would of been charged fees that are not lawful no doubt

by paying bailiffs they take there bite of the money before any goes to the council they would of taken there payment processing fee

you need to back up the email by a letter in the post a little bit of work now will save you hundreds

The idea of a levy is the goods would be sold at auction and cover the debt

You have listed broken items that would not generate anything

There fore the levy can be challenged as invalid as been done to gain fees for the bailiffs and would not cover the debt

Get it out of your mind the bailiffs will be forcing entry to take worthless goods

as already said as the bailiffs have already been in before there is no right of entry no nothing

Sounds like this has gone on long enough get those letters off in the post and bring it to a end

You really need to do a formal complaint to the council about there agents,at the time of the levy the bailiffs should of handed it back to the council as goods listed would not cover the debt ,but they were after there fees

copy in your local MP

deal with the council

• Confused 1

do i make next wks payment to the council on their website?? worried...will they take payment off my arrears or take payment towards this yrs council tax? ref number seems to be the same for this address.

Thats odd as they should be different, but yes they will take it off this years CT if it is the same ref. I would speak with the council and make sure that the ref numbers are the same and if they are why.

rmarrni your post " will this be taken off my arrears or be taken as payment towards this years ctax?? is a good point I don't know how this works sure someone here will know.

I remember reading this report from a Council Tax Investigation into Milton Keynes council for alleged fiddling of in-year council tax collection rates.

It might be relevant to this case, especially the following:

3.3.1 The collection and reporting of Council Tax income is straightforward when a tax payer pays their annual charge within that year. Complexities arise when a Council Tax Payer falls into arrears and owes the council money for past years as well as the current year. There is significant case law (for example, Peter v Anderson (1814)) however, put simply, if a person specifies which years debt the payment should be assigned it should be assigned to that years debt.

3.3.2 The council tax system has built in allocation rules to ensure that the law with respect to specified payments is met. For instance, if a customer has a payment plan for any year of debt and the payment they make matches the planned instalment then the money will be allocated to that year (this is known as “hard” allocation on the council tax system). If the system is unable to “hard allocate” then it will instead “soft” allocate and the debt will be used against the oldest debt unless manually adjusted.

• Confused 1

hi

contacted the council today explaining the situation, that i was to make a formal complaint about rossendales and was advised to make weekly payments direct to themselves. asked for the ref no so i could make these payments but instead was told that they would contact rossendales to have the 3 accounts stacked into 1. apparently this has been the problem, taking my weekly payment for only one account making a broken agreement on the other 2. although my agreement with rossendales was for my accounts to be stacked anyway! so i wasnt given a ref, told they would contact rossendales to confirm it was ok for me to continue with installments. dont know how to find the ref no's...i have different rossendales ref no's for each account but not council!

hi

contacted the council today explaining the situation, that i was to make a formal complaint about rossendales and was advised to make weekly payments direct to themselves. asked for the ref no so i could make these payments but instead was told that they would contact rossendales to have the 3 accounts stacked into 1. apparently this has been the problem, taking my weekly payment for only one account making a broken agreement on the other 2. although my agreement with rossendales was for my accounts to be stacked anyway! so i wasnt given a ref, told they would contact rossendales to confirm it was ok for me to continue with installments. dont know how to find the ref no's...i have different rossendales ref no's for each account but not council!

TYell the council that you will be paying them direct as you cannot trust Dossendales to deal fairly with you, as they have on the face of it engineered a default on your accounts to charge more fees, make this part of your ongoing complaint, but pay some money in direct to the council.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

no... said i was to continue paying my installments to rossendales. they would contact rossendales to confirm with them this was ok. council said i was to make sure i kept to this agreement as they would not be able to help me next time.

Please follow all the advice in post#3 this will give you everything you need to tackle the problem, including the reference numbers.

Once you have all the info to hand caggers will help you move forward and get tossendales out of the picture, meanwhile please do not be intimidated by the threats to remove goods, infact believe nothing they tell you as they are compulsive liars and their reputation for playing dirty is well known.

WD

Keep the bailiff out and motors out of the way, and dossers are knackered then as WD suggests once the evidence is in Caggers will help you identify the fees that are a figment of tossendales imagination.