Landlord requires 2 Months Notice I want to give 1 Advice Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am letting a private house on a short assured tenancy and have found a new home to move to. Looking at my tenancy agreement it states I need to give 2 calendar months notice which is too long as the new landlord wants me in asap.

I was wondering if there was a get out clause and was going to use the fact that the landlord although been told for months has not undergone a Gas Safety Check and the last one was 17 months ago.

If this is a get out clause any advice on how to address this would be much appreciated.

No it is not a get out clause..

What we need is some information about the AST you have at the moment..

When did you sign it

how long it is for

If you have re-signed it

date rent due

We need dates for the above before we can give you any proper advice.

I am not a solicitor :!::!:

Most of my knowledge came from this site :-D:-D

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(

It is a short assured tenancy which ended on May 2012 after 6 months. On the paperwork it states Lease Agreement. The rent is paid on the 11th of each month and we have never re-signed anything. I live in Scotland if that bears any resemblance on matters and thanks.

It does, and I don't know the difference in Scottish tenancy law, so I will have to leave this to someone who does know the rules up there.... Sorry

• Confused 1

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(

All I know is that in England when your Ast lapses and becomes a Periodic Tenancy agreement, the LL has to give you 2 months notice and you only have to give LL 1 months notice, no matter what it says in the original ASt...

So all we have to establish now is whether the law is the same in Scotland.

edit after for 1 months notice change to 1 rental period notice ie 1 month 1 week, 4 weeks etc.

Hi

welcome to CAG just to clarify for you the difference in scotland with a short AST is that at the end of the argreement it is automatically "renewed" therefore any notice period given in the tenancy agreement i.e. 2mths notice is renewed and its still 2mths notice.

Unless their are any other conditions within that agreement i.e. break clauses.

This PDF Tenancy Information Pack for private tenants Scotland Only may be of help (please have a read of section 1.4)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group