Unauthorised Sign Placed on Garage Wall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I live in a freehold property on a new development. There is a property management company (OM) in place. I have returned home tonight to find the development is covered in warning signs (A3 size) warning of parking restrictions in place. The sign displays the name of Parking Ticketing UK and one of these signs has been glued to the wall between my garage door and my neighbour's garage door. The garages are part of our freehold. Am I right to assume that OM or anyone acting on their behalf, have no right to place such sign on our property? Could it be considered to be vandalism? Can anyone advise what action I can/should take? OM's phone line opens at 8am!

If I remember from hundreds of years ago, there was some regulation that said the only ones who could do this without permission was the electric company with the location marker of the substation that served it for safety reasons.

I can't see that this will have been changed and certainly not in favour of some oink parking company. If that garage is your and on your deeds, you might be able to bill them for repairs to the wall.

I might be way out here, it was a long time ago but it's funny how some things stick in your mind but they can get a bit muddled with age.

Hi

I would suggest politely writing to the company who the sign belongs to and inform them that they have three options:

1. Remove the sign and make good any damage or

2. You will charge them an Advertising Fee for them Displaying their advertising sign on your Freehold Property without Permission or Consent of the Property Owner.

3. You will seek legal damages for tresspas, illegal signage, Fly Posting

Then see what they say.

If you can it would be even better if you and your neighbour agreed and done the letter jointly ans of course signe by both of you as it will have more weight so to speak

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

Just remember that sign is an Advertising sign on your freehold property put their without you the owners permission or consent.

I know of some homeowners who have advertising signs on the side of their propery but with a legal agreement for the advertising and the owner gets £XXX amount a year for them to advertise and any damage is rectified by the company concerned.

They are using you and your neighbours property to advertise/market their product on your property with no legal agreement in place.

I would not remove the sign although you may want to get those idiots to do it and rectify and damage and also invoice for advertising fee sice its been on your property till they remove it.

I would try and do this as a joint letter between you and your neighbour and send to the parking company and the property management company and let then fight amongst themselves as to who is going to cough up for their mistake.

Now these 2 PDFs may be of use this is the links:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/.../326679.pdf

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007/783/contents/made

and this is the PDFs

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group