BRIGHTHOUSE storage pick up and hold problem, non return of items

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

in December 2012 my fiancé approached BRIGHTHOUSE and asked if we could store our "bigger" items while we moved house and the house was decorated, (fridge-freezer,tv,3piece suite,washer)

we were told we could store our items free of charge for up to 30days at a time until our new house was ready, "PICK UP AND HOLD" when our items were returned to us we would then carry on paying for them.

we received a phone call out of the blue telling us our items have been claimed back by brighthouse and you will lose all money already paid on them because they have been in storage for longer than 30days.

long story short ......... I could prove our items had "NOT" been there for longer than 30 days, proving them wrong I was then told "your items have not been taken from you but have been sent for service/repair" !

and will be returned back to you when they arrive back in store,

bored of waiting for them to pull there finger out I phoned brighthouse asking where our items were and when they are to be returned to us ? I was told ..... we think your sofa has been sold but we will find you another one and get your items sent out to you, someone will call you tomorrow.

no one phoned so I phoned them, this time I was told ........ your 3 piece suite is here but we cant find anything else we will find them and call you in 2 days.

constant phone calls from me to brighthouse (head office, managers, area managers and till monkeys) have got me nowhere they keep brushing me of with we have found .... "this, that and the other" and are still trying to find the rest, Or "COME IN TO THE STORE AND ADD ON" (get bent over)

they wont return our items, they wont help us to get them back, they become rude and aggressive, they wont tell us where they are, they try and force us to sign "NEW CREDIT AGREEMENTS" they force unnecessary stress and worry to my PREGNANT fiancé, they are stopping us moving in to our new house

but what they will do is ...... let us come in to store and "ADD ON" to replace our original items (lost by them) which will mean losing all money paid so far and start paying from scratch ultimately paying a lot more money ! to correct a mistake made by them.

has anyone else had this kind of problem?

any solicitors reading this ?

please get in touch.

thanks in advance for any reply sent to me

how old are the agreements?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Regarding a recent post from myself explaining a dispute between "us" and "brighthouse"

Please can someone tell me what kind of solicitor in the Denbighshire area I could approach to help me get our items back from brighthouse, and also sue them, the solicitors must accept legal aid.

A brief description of our dispute,

We approached brighthouse (Rhyl store) in December 2012 asking if we can store our items while we moved house, we were told we could store them for up to 30 days on a "PICK UP AND HOLD" basis, we received a phone call saying our items had been taken from us and no help will be offered to get them back because they have been in storage for longer than 30 days.

we proved they were wrong and they then told us "your items have not been taken from you but have been sent for service/repair ! they will be delivered to you when they arrive back in the store.

To this day our items have not been delivered, we have spoke to store managers, regional managers, customer relations, head office and till staff. they are all pathetically rude and not interested, brushing us off by saying we cant find them someone will phone you, we`ve found this but not that, 1 of your items has been sold we will replace it, 1 of your items is being replaced because its damaged we will find a replacement and send it to you.

They are "TRYING" to force us into taking new items out to replace our "LOST" items.

Thanks in advance for any information given to me

BEFORE ANYONE MENTIONS ABOUT NOT PAYING THEM OR FALLING INTO ARREARS, WE HAVE NEVER MISSED A PAYMENT AND HAVE NOT DEFAULTED THEY ARE JUST SIMPLY BEING A PAIN IN THE ARSE AND REFUSING TO DELIVER A SERVICE WHICH THEY LEGALLY HAVE TO PROVIDE

Edited by citizenB

Hi Fabeo.

I noticed that you mentioned you already have an existing thread on this issue, so I have merged the two - it helps the people advising you if all of the information you give is in the same place.

I'm afraid we can't recommend a specific solicitor for you, but hopefully someone with Brighthouse experience will be along to help you shortly.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Hi fabeo

Like dx as asked you how old are the agreements?

Can I just ask why did you ask BH to store the goods? was it purely to use the "Pick up and hold" service to give yourselves financial grace while you were moving.

If you are fond of your goods never use the "pick up and hold".

Sounds as though you have their useless OSC, cancel it NOW