work programme after 2 years

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks people for being NICER then Jobcentre's staff! I trust ur words more then their's lol! :wink:

I try so hard to find a job and this lady last time i was in said i didn't make enough EFFORT!? I am a legal assistant and worked so bloody hard for that to then find i have no where to turn! :(

I wish u good luck Dom86 2mrow mate. At the end of the day they are bully's who KNOW they have powers over ur money. Simple.:sad:

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Alfie29,

I think it is all different from JC to JC at mine (Newcastle ) my first time back after WP I was told everyone coming back had to go on a 3 week course at our local college it was from 9:30am to 3pm with me being a lone parent with a kid off school just now with the school hols I was told I would not have to go on course until later in the year, so the person just re wrote my JSA agreement, with new targets I was told I had to get a Universal job search account and I now have to do 18 things a week to find work...which consists of checking two job sites 5 times a week, the chronicle once a week (which I don't buy but was told to check the website) I have to write to 2 employers a week and ring 1 employer a week....I can manage the websites, but I have yet to find a job to ring about (unless they want me to just ring up random companies to see if jobs are available ) which would annoy places that are not looking for workers if we all rang up each week....hope this helps and sorry if it has made you feel worse, sadly I think we are all in this mess until they realise the whole WP and follow up rubbish is just that rubbish (which sadly can't see happening as they never admit when they are wrong) or until we find work, which again looks grim as the country is in the Sh**.

the Jobseekers Agreement was changed to allow for the 'Commitments Booklet' (SEE a few pages back for the pictures!

You shouldn't have been given any booklet to fill in:

There are no forms or questionnaires that Work Programme completers will be asked to complete by Jobcentre Plus staff. Therefore a benefit sanction could not be imposed in this respect.
This is from a FOI response from the DWP (sorry I can't post the link I don't have enough posts yet).

but I have yet to find a job to ring about (unless they want me to just ring up random companies to see if jobs are available ) which would annoy places that are not looking for workers if we all rang up each week

It certainly does annoy employers but that is exactly what the Jobcentre expect you to do!

I am a legal assistant and worked so bloody hard for that to then find i have no where to turn! :(

I'm in Legal too, currently working towards a Legal Degree part-time, been going at it for 5years now. I got a friend that completed his degree last year, and cant find anywork doing anything, just like me.

What qualifications do you have out of interest? If you don't mind.

oh Alfie, my advisor immediately said without any provocation from me or any form for that matter, for example history, "I can if I want too, have you come down here everyday"!

Which is just purely malicious; 1. I live miles away from the Jobcentre, I live in an area with poor transportation which I cant afford anyway, so walk the 4miles to get to the Jobcentre.

2. What possible rational reason is there to have someone come in everyday, what would be the point other than malice!?

Dom86, if you are attending the Jobcentre on a day that is not your normal signing day you can claim all reasonable transport costs. And the nasty comment your adviser said to you is why you should record every meeting you have with the Jobcentre staff.

The reason they want you in every day is because it wears you down and they hope that will make you sign off benefits. But it also stops those skivers who are actually working cash in hand, but not telling the Jobcentre about it, from continuing to do so.

No one seems to have any idea about this 'Commitments booklet', I seem to be the only person in the country at the moment that has one lol. It seems to have replaced the 'What you have been doing' etc. piece of paper, which I don't receive or required to fill out anymore.

In fact, I don't how they want me to record what I have been doing, because they haven't specified (ridiculous), the only thing I do need to record is whether I have carried out the commitments I was made to do, and was made to write down in my 'commitments booklet'.

Dom86, if you are attending the Jobcentre on a day that is not your normal signing day you can claim all reasonable transport costs. And the nasty comment your adviser said to you is why you should record every meeting you have with the Jobcentre staff.

The reason they want you in every day is because it wears you down and they hope that will make you sign off benefits. But it also stops those skivers who are actually working cash in hand, but not telling the Jobcentre about it, from continuing to do so.

yeah, I'd make sure they paid up, but the transport is so unreliable as well (turns up when it likes), I just don't bother with it.

Travelling to the Jobcentre everyday though would be a timely ordeal too, and would cut time for more productive things during that time, job searching, study, etc.

Good point about that working cash in hand.

Some Jobsworths (even when signing on normally) obsess about candidates signing their name in Blue Ink as opposed to Black Ink.

lol, My advisor made me write out the date and time, presumably to put the onus of responsibility on me. Now if she gets the date and time wrong she can just blame it on me!

or until we find work, which again looks grim as the country is in the Sh**.

I think unemployment is going to be a problem for a long while, just to many problems to deal with and they are all clashing, leaving people like, but not just solely us, with one hell of a constant struggle.

Travelling to the Jobcentre everyday though would be a timely ordeal too, and would cut time for more productive things during that time, job searching, study, etc.

Everything you do has to be reasonable in your circumstances and cutting hours from your daily job search by having to waste it on travel time clearly isn't. Tell them that.

I been thinking about learning 'German', and maybe moving out there; Wages are going up well above inflation, jobs are plenty, and they have an ageing population so they are going to be not enough people to fill the job openings they need, and they make and sell things the world needs.

Think is I'm moving to Kent nxt weekend. What happens then? Will they move me over to Kent's jobcentre? I'm getting to the point where I will quit Jobcentre and live in peace but with NO MONEY!

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

There are no forms or questionnaires that Work Programme completers will be asked to complete by Jobcentre Plus staff. Therefore a benefit sanction could not be imposed in this respect.

This is from a FOI response from the DWP (sorry I can't post the link I don't have enough posts yet).

If you leave out the 'www.' bit you should be able to put the link up as ordinary text and we can add it in ourselves. This is a very useful bit of information which we can use against the JC if they ask us to fill in forms.

If you leave out the 'www.' bit you should be able to put the link up as ordinary text and we can add it in ourselves. This is a very useful bit of information which we can use against the JC if they ask us to fill in forms.

OK: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/165970/response/403624/attach/html/3/Response%202830.pdf.html

Morning everyone.

I have just caught up with your posts and cannot believe the difference between each JCP and FLA. My experience is so different. I have a smashing FLA . I don't go in every week either. Yes I complete my 17 steps and more per week, I've had several interviews in the last month and due to go on an informal second interview for an a job interview I had last week. I am a anal about keeping all JCP paperwork and found I had my FLA when I was on IS. My next appointment is next week my normal signing on day but with another FLA as my advisor is on training. Hoping it will be my last signing!

i finish the work program in September,but i was assigned a new work coach as my other one has left,

only thing is i have seen her only once and she has not contacted me since for an appointment for over 4 weeks,should i contact her ,or just forget about it ,i think shes forgot about me,

bcham: If you think the WP provider has something worthwhile to offer that will result in you getting in to long term employment, then go ahead and make contact. If, on the other hand, you believe the whole charade to be a waste of time and money delivering nothing but degrading platitudes, then lay low and hope that they have indeed forgotten about you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

bcham: If you think the WP provider has something worthwhile to offer that will result in you getting in to long term employment, then go ahead and make contact. If, on the other hand, you believe the whole charade to be a waste of time and money delivering nothing but degrading platitudes, then lay low and hope that they have indeed forgotten about you.

Good Advice .... the only option which would be of value would be, if the Clerks within the Welfare To Work Organisation, had the competence to pick up a telephone, to speak to an employer directly, and to arrange an interview for a job. However, if within the discussion, they admit that the candidate is on the Work Programme, the employer who they cold call is likely to put the phone down rather than investigate the opportunity further.