work programme after 2 years

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My local one started doing NVQ's in conjunction with learn direct

NVQ in what though!?

I have a 'GNVQ' in Business, and even before the government scraped them and replaced them with something else that no doubt now has been replaced too lol, most useless thing I've worked for, no ones the slightest bit bothered about it. :|

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

only thing worthwhile on the work program is collecting your bus fairs on the way out.

yep! Its a disgrace. 2 years of going back and forth, just to see someone say "hi, whats been going on, oh ok keep it up, I get your travel sorted, bye".

i finish the work program in September,but i was assigned a new work coach as my other one has left,

only thing is i have seen her only once and she has not contacted me since for an appointment for over 4 weeks,should i contact her ,or just forget about it ,i think shes forgot about me,

They did this with me too mate! I never called them back as they tell U wot to do. If u are still getting paid 4nightly AND Jobcentre ain't said about pointless WP then let it be. U could find urself in the crapper if u tell Jobcentre that u ain't heard from them, so don't!!! :wink:

Y should u run after them?!!!

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

only thing worthwhile on the work program is collecting your bus fairs on the way out.

Ur lucky! I never got ANY paid for :(

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

tell U wot to do. If u are still getting paid 4nightlye. U could find urself in the crapper if u tell Jobcentre that u ain't heard from them. Y should u run after them?!!!

Alfie29 dear boy. Please drop the txtsp33k - You have a keyboard in front of you with a full complement of letters and a shift key. Take time to type words out in full and you will find others more inclined to help if you have a problem.

You wouldn't write out a job application in the same sloppy manner would you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Alfie29 dear boy. Please drop the txtsp33k - You have a keyboard in front of you with a full complement of letters and a shift key. Take time to type words out in full and you will find others more inclined to help if you have a problem.

You wouldn't write out a job application in the same sloppy manner would you.

Agreed! We unemployed need standards!

P.S. Mr P - your last sentence should have a "?"

it wasn't 4 me and this forum was about helping and not worrying about the txt speak

Indeed it is about helping, which is why those seeking help and advice should make the effort to convey their queries in a medium which can be easily understood by all.

Hey guys/gals after some advice have posted here before and had some great advice so thanks again for that and in advance for next lot haha,

Finished WP.....:whoo:But sadly back at JCP had my first interview last week, just standard rewrite of JSA agreement, did try to put me on a 3 week course but I am a lone parent and it was during the school hols so they have postponed it for now. was told I had to get a UJ account, came home set up account have not ticked the box that allows them to watch what I do (as you guys/gals let me know I didn't have to by law) but I was wondering when I next sign on and they want to check what I have been doing job search wise how will they? I have done my daily job search and filled in the activity part of UJ as they told me not to fill in my paper diary anymore I don't want them to know my UJ ID etc so how will they know I have fulfilled my agreement, and what do you say if/when they ask for my ID. Thank you

Hey guys/gals after some advice have posted here before and had some great advice so thanks again for that and in advance for next lot haha,

Finished WP.....:whoo:But sadly back at JCP had my first interview last week, just standard rewrite of JSA agreement, did try to put me on a 3 week course but I am a lone parent and it was during the school hols so they have postponed it for now. was told I had to get a UJ account, came home set up account have not ticked the box that allows them to watch what I do (as you guys/gals let me know I didn't have to by law) but I was wondering when I next sign on and they want to check what I have been doing job search wise how will they? I have done my daily job search and filled in the activity part of UJ as they told me not to fill in my paper diary anymore I don't want them to know my UJ ID etc so how will they know I have fulfilled my agreement, and what do you say if/when they ask for my ID. Thank you

Unless you have been issued with a Job Seekers Direction, there is no mandatory requirement for any Job Seekers to create an account on UJ... and, if and when the JSD is issued, the most that can be required is for the candidate i) to create a UJ Account, ii) create a profile, iii) upload a CV, iv) make that CV searchable.

It is entirely your discretion as to how you present your Job Search Diary. Further, irrespective of any bullying tactics deployed by JCP Staff, there is no requirement for you to divulge confidential information on your UJ Account.

.. but I was wondering when I next sign on and they want to check what I have been doing job search wise how will they? I have done my daily job search and filled in the activity part of UJ as they told me not to fill in my paper diary anymore I don't want them to know my UJ ID etc so how will they know I have fulfilled my agreement, and what do you say if/when they ask for my ID. Thank you

They can't tell you not to use paper-based jobsearch. The regulations quite clearly state that you CAN provide jobsearch evidence in paper form. Here's the extract (underlined);

190. The evidence of jobsearch produced when they attend to have their regular reviews may

be in various forms:

information they have provided from their Universal Jobmatch account;

evidence in writing from employers, employment agencies, or other organisations which

they have contacted;

copies of letters they have sent to employers;

the claimant’s un-corroborated written evidence, for example an ES4;

the claimant’s verbal evidence

evidence from previous Jobsearch Reviews recorded on LMS.

As for you giving them proof you've created a UJ account in the first place, Chapter 3 of the Universal Jobmatch Toolkit says this (underlined again);

'Claimant has not given DWP access to their account

11. If the claimant has not given DWP permission to access their account your

search will open a page that returns a message which says, “User has not

provided permissions to access account.” This also confirms that the

claimant has completed their profile and therefore has created an account.'

Basically the system tells them that they can't have access to your account, thereby proving that you indeed have one!.

..and if they tell you to provide print-outs of your UJ, then show them this bit from the same document in the link above;

'In response to the question you have raised about requiring jobsearch evidence from Universal

Jobmatch. Advisers cannot mandate claimants to give them access to their Universal

Jobmatch account, nor can they force a claimant to print out screen prints of their UJ account.'

Edited by jasta11

Indeed it is about helping, which is why those seeking help and advice should make the effort to convey their queries in a medium which can be easily understood by all.

Txt speak is ez 4 all 2 understand

Have a look at recent postings on the Ingeus thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?309173-Ingeus/page205

#4093 in particular

On my exit report - and probably everyone else's too - it states 'The client is ready for work'. In a sane, logical world this would mean that we don't get sent on any more courses...anybody know where this sane, logical world is then?

I'll ponder this while I'm on the next course :)

On my exit report - and probably everyone else's too - it states 'The client is ready for work'. In a sane, logical world this would mean that we don't get sent on any more courses...anybody know where this sane, logical world is then?

I'll ponder this while I'm on the next course :)

Mine says my only barrier to work is being unemployed so I'd agree that no more courses would be sane, logical and saves money which would be a great incentive for the JCP - logically anyway as logic is foriegn to the JCP