• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Your company is a joke. I've been a customer for nearly 2 years and never been late with my payments untill this Monday when my meter was short. I told your collector i couldn't pay the shortfull but would pay it by debit card in a couple of weeks but that wasnt good enough. Not only did your collector nearly knock my door down when he came back on Wednesday he started going off on one and said if i couldn't pay he would remove my goods, which you can't do without a court order andhe also said i have a lot of things off you which i dont as i only have 3 things and one of those is nearly paided for and now you have gone and taken all my hours off my meter and changed my veiwing from 5 hours to the pound to 1 hour to the pound which means i have to put £15 in my meter a day which is stupid as i only have to pay £23.50 per week and there is no way im putting all that money in. if this isnt sorted out i will take this further. I wouldnt mind so much but i offered to pay what i owe when i have the money.Then today your collector returned again after already being told twice that i couldnt pay any more this week, this time he knocked my door so loud my next door neighbour heard him and had to come out to tell him no one was at home . i certainly wouldnt recommend you to anyone now.

You know this is a consumer advice forum Chynablu. Brighthouse rarely if ever looks here.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

My bad. I mistook the topic due to the forum name :oops:

I apologise. My comment about how they dont come here still stands though :p

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

My bad. I mistook the topic due to the forum name :oops:

I apologise. My comment about how they dont come here still stands though :p

I agree about the part that they don't come on here often, when they do its always a standard reply to contact an Alison someone!!

They are bog standard drones. They rarely if ever help. Getting them to come to this thread is borderline impossible, but it might be worth sending them a PM and see if they can.

I have been in touch with Buy AS You Veiw via personal message on face book and have been told that their representative will continue to call untill i clear the areas. i have told them three times now i can't pay anything else for 2 weeks would this be classed as Harassment ? I wouldn't mind so much but i have my 73 year old dad living with me and on Wednesday the representative had a rant at him because i wasn't in.I've replied to them telling them i will make a complaint to Trading Standards and i will also be emailing Elaine Mockler.I have the insurence and the all sorted which i said i want to cancel and reclaim the pnly thing with this is that the fridge freezer i had off them broke down and i had it repaired so i have claimed on the all sorted.Dont really know where to go from here as right now i can't even watch my own TV as i cant afford to put in £15 a day.

Perhaps send them the doorstep collector and telephone harassment letter.

Hi Chynablu

Many thanks for taking the time to notify us of your problems and please let us apologise that you have felt it necessary to complain about the service received.

We note from your comments that you are experiencing difficulties bringing the account up to date and we certainly would like to try and help.

We are able to offer

1) Return of all, or some of your items to reduce your payments

2) Cancellation of your EPS cover if you have adequate Household Insurance elsewhere (we will require a copy of the policy in order to action this for you.)

3) Cancellation of your extended warranties which will mean you only have your 1 year manufacturers warranty.

If it would also assist we are able to offer payment methods such as Direct Debit or Paypoint.

If you wish to discuss any of these options further, please just let us know as we have your details already.

Kind Regards

BAYV

3) Cancellation of your extended warranties which will mean you only have your 1 year manufacturers warranty.

Rubbish. Buy as you View would still be liable for the goods for about 6 years under the Sales of Goods act regardless of any manufacturers warranty. Even in the first year, the warranty liability lies with Bay as you View, NOT the manufacturer.

I think you're missing the point here BAYV. The point isn't an inability to make payments, the point is the non-stop harassment which you have completely ignored.

Seeing as Option 1 is pretty useless in a lot of cases (and one item is nearly paid for anyway) it is a 'stock answer' and not the sort of answer one would expect from a troubleshooter on this forum.

BAYV - look up on the Vodaphone forum here to see how helpful Lee is - and then provide somebody with that level of ability and expertise.

I am sincerely glad I don't have anything from this type of company.

• Haha 1

IO think setting the meter to £1 an hour for a weekly payment of just over £23 amounts to extortion and should be reset to a more reasonable rate! How about organising that BAYV instead of your usual response that doesnt actually help the OP?

All this could of been avoided if you had just given me the 2 weeks to pay the arears on my account. I have been looking for my contracts, but have only found 2 out of three.1. I will not be returning any goods as i have paiding on the goods for a while2. I would like to cancel my all sorted on all three items and reclaim all payments as it was automaticlly added. As for the insurance i will be seeking legal advice about this as it says on the contract if choosen, well i wasn't given a choice. i either took out the insurance or i wasn't allowed to have the goods. If this can not be successfully resolved i will be talking to trading standardsI have kept copies of all coversations i have had on facebook with your represetative.

Despite me informing you when i will be able to pay my arrears both on here and via personal message on facebook and you knowing theres a problem your representative called yet again today. i was out when he called so he pushed a card through the door, i will be keeping these cards as evidence. So i will be emailing Elaine Mockler.

• 2 weeks later...
I have been in touch with Buy AS You Veiw via personal message on face book and have been told that their representative will continue to call untill i clear the areas. i have told them three times now i can't pay anything else for 2 weeks would this be classed as Harassment ? I wouldn't mind so much but i have my 73 year old dad living with me and on Wednesday the representative had a rant at him because i wasn't in.I've replied to them telling them i will make a complaint to Trading Standards and i will also be emailing Elaine Mockler.I have the insurence and the all sorted which i said i want to cancel and reclaim the pnly thing with this is that the fridge freezer i had off them broke down and i had it repaired so i have claimed on the all sorted.Dont really know where to go from here as right now i can't even watch my own TV as i cant afford to put in £15 a day.

15 daily is a ridicolous amount of money and the collector sorry account manager is this companies current job title is not within his rights to reduce the meters hours by so much.The company is well known for under training people with debt management skills and also pays the account manager more money the less arrears he has weekly on his current round.

The tactics they use are immoral and illeagal and this is a practice they commonly deploy amongst their staff. The practice of responsible lending is shy here and i wouldn't worry about legal action as they are rarely from the leagal bodies eyes!!

• 8 months later...

Hello Chynablu,

I am sorry to see that like other people you have been harassed by BAYV also.

I am at the moment collating information provided by other people in relation to their experience of BAYV, in particular any instances of harassment. I am doing this in order for me to provide to a Judge (should I decide to go to Court) additional evidence as to why I feel further threatened by this company as not only I have my own experience of this company through a visit, I also have the knowledge of people like yourself who have also suffered harassment at the hands of this company!

Having a BAYV rep rant at your 73 year old father is absolutely disgusting.

Can I ask you if you have an update to your thread?

BAYV called to my property one time only and I am thinking of pursuing legal action against them. If I were in your situation, with everything you have described as above, I would almost certainly pursue legal action against them!

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

Update is that i decided to return all goods i had off BAYV as i was fed up of being ripped off with there over priced goods £700 for a fridge freezer worth about £200. I had a manager turn up at my door, told him i was going to arrange to return the goods and he accused me of holding the goods to ransom. I told him about the other rep but he wasnt really bothered all he wanted was the arreas i owed. told him he asnt getting another penny off me and to take the goods. I made a complaint to Elaine Mockler and also stated that i wanted to reclaim the insurance and cover but didnt get a reply or refund. Im just glad to be rid of this company!

Thanks for updating. Good to know you have got rid of this company.

Perhaps you should continue your claim to have all the insurance money repaid back to you?

Edited by veganite

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!