car insurance renewal

tinkerbell_2k12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ive getting my renewel through and its over £150 more expensive that what theyre offering online, i rang them up to query, they checked again and still claiming price still stands with the renewal. Is it ok for me to just tell them i dont wish to renew and just buy the cheaper price off them online? Does it work that way?

ive getting my renewel through and its over £150 more expensive that what theyre offering online, i rang them up to query, they checked again and still claiming price still stands with the renewal. Is it ok for me to just tell them i dont wish to renew and just buy the cheaper price off them online? Does it work that way?

I've had this twice now, tell them to get lost, go find a better deal and then cancel the auto renew, I had an increased cost renewal and then found a much better deal on line with the same company, they're trying it on in the hope you'll not notice the price hike. 2nd one was into the new contract and they tried to charge me cancellation, I told them where to go too! Auto renewal is the latest con these insurance companies try, they justify it by saying the law says you have to have continuous insurance.

I've had this twice now, tell them to get lost, go find a better deal and then cancel the auto renew, I had an increased cost renewal and then found a much better deal on line with the same company, they're trying it on in the hope you'll not notice the price hike. 2nd one was into the new contract and they tried to charge me cancellation, I told them where to go too! Auto renewal is the latest con these insurance companies try, they justify it by saying the law says you have to have continuous insurance.

thats what im going to do i just dont understand how they can justify 150 more expensive than what theyre advertising online, their "sister" companies (how many names does 1 company need to go by) are 150 cheaper too, so im just gonna cancel the renewal and buy it with one of those companies

Last June my AA car insurance was up for renewal. It was over £300 higher than the previous year. Wouldnt mind but Id had no accidents, no claims and had 14 years NCD.

I went onto some insurance compare site, entered my details, and low-and-behold the AA listed three quotes, one which was £25 less than my cover I had in 2011.

I called the AA and asked them to check the ref number from the website, and asked if the cover was the same as what I already had. Thankfully it was.

So I asked why the renewal letter was £300+ higher, which they had no answer, but I asked for the website quote which they (un)happily agreed to because it was what was offered online.

This year I got quotes for over £800 and the AA hadnt even bothered to do a proper search. Again no accidents, no claims, and another year added to my NCD. So I did another comparethemarket search and found priviledge to be under £380. So guess who cancelled the AA and switched to Priviledge ?

Hopefully one of the nice members here will agree with me and say that if your insurance company is offering a cheaper price on a comparison site, for the same cover, then you can have the cheaper price.

wow those are some big drops you've both managed to get the insurance down from. just goes to show renewals are a con its unbelievable that somone ppl dont question it and just let it carry on.

i was just worried that if i cancelled my renewal and insured with the same company online that theyd refuse to give me the cheaper price, technically id be a new customer if im buying a new policy

wow those are some big drops you've both managed to get the insurance down from. just goes to show renewals are a con its unbelievable that somone ppl dont question it and just let it carry on.

i was just worried that if i cancelled my renewal and insured with the same company online that theyd refuse to give me the cheaper price, technically id be a new customer if im buying a new policy

Nah always search first, and if the company is giving a cheaper price online, you can politely ask that you have the cheaper quote. And if the company refuses, just go to comparethemarket or gocompare and get one cheaper somewhere else, its your companies loss, seeing as these days it only takes minutes to renew, even with another company.

If your current company doesnt want your money, then there are dozens who will take it.

My. Insurance company have been great, my old insurance was alot higher than last year so. They found me a cheaper quote with exactly the stuff just a different insurer and I asked if I could get it cheaper on line thru them cud I have it at that price and they agreed lucky for me the quotes where the same as they got (give or take a couple of quid) and I tried a few online sites. So I've stuck with the same lot.

Nah always search first, and if the company is giving a cheaper price online, you can politely ask that you have the cheaper quote. And if the company refuses, just go to comparethemarket or gocompare and get one cheaper somewhere else, its your companies loss, seeing as these days it only takes minutes to renew, even with another company.

If your current company doesnt want your money, then there are dozens who will take it.

I tried that, they said no, spotty youths on the phone dont want to work or cant be bothered to help, one even got stroppy