IQOR and ebay

roseyredder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Please can someone advise me as this debt company is ringing me 3 to 5 times per day as well as sending me threatening letters.

I owed ebay £62

my account was suspended until I payed it but

in meantime I received letter from this IQOR saying I owed £78 and demanded payment in full.

I told them I couldn't pay straight away

so asked when I would and that I had to ring them up and pay over phone.

I decided to check my ebay account and noticed it had £62 and allowed me to pay ebay direct which I did.

I have had this company on my back today 3 times saying I have to pay them the £16 I owe which I said I don't see why I had to pay them anything

and had already settled my fees which ebay accepted.

I have now been told by IQOR that they will be pursuing me for the £16.

Please help can they do this and will I have to pay them as I'm now getting really scared I'm going to end up paying them even more if I'm took to court.

This has about as much chance of seeing the inside of a court as I have of making a successful application for the latest vacancy at the Vatican.

First of all no talking to IQOR on the telephone under any circumstances an no exceptions.

Write or e-mail asking how they justify this additional charge and request a copy of any contractual term that entitles them to impose this charge, bearing in mind that you never appointed them in the first place. You could also refer them to the OFT guidelines relating to collection agents adding charges without contractual provision.

Iqor like to play the hard man on tiny debts quite pathetic really.

Send the Following to:

The Compliance Manager

Iqor

Ref: use theirs:

Sir/Madam

I refer to a letter dated xx xx xxxx alleging that I owe Iqor £16.00 please note I do not acknowledge any debt to Iqour or any company you may claim to represent.

I believe that Iqor are mistakenly attempting to collect some form of charge in relation to an EBay account which was settled ammicably with the creditor, therefore Iqor has no reason to seek any repayment from me and none will be forthcoming.

I suggest you seek payment from your client.

This is my final response.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

iDiot iQor I call them, tried chasing me a while back for TV licence, rang them and started singing 'Henry the eighth I am' down the phone, then proceeded to do this every time they rang, they are as effective as indicators on a submarine.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 4 months later...

hi

I really need help with my iqor problem. I paid off my first with iqor over the phone which I handed my bank details to pay it off. now I've got my second iqor debt of just £25 and I really worried that they will just take it out of my bank account which currently empty,

please I really need help .

can they access my bank account for anotber debt without telling me?

Hi and welcome to CAG.

You should start your own thread on your issue as it goes missed by everyone who isn't subscribed to this post.

NEVER EVER pay a tin pot DCA.

If your concerned that they will help themselves to your money, which they will, then you need to inform your bank that your card details have been compromised and you require a new card.

NEVER EVER give any card or financial information to a DCA, they have zero legal powers.

What is the debt?

Who do you owe it to? (original Creditor OC)

NEVER EVER deal with financial issues on the phone, keep everything in writing, if they ring (iQor) just laugh at them and hang up.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

When you say "2nd debt" is this entirely separate to the 1st one ?

If so, then the answer is NO they should not be able to access your bank account and if they do - then you simply tell your bank that you did not authorise this and that they should do a charge back.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D