law on trespass question

postggj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lets get the legal minds thinking on this one

we all know the offence of trespass is now a civil offence, taken from the french word Tort

There are criminal elemants to trespass by way of Section 61 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994. Within that Act, section v contains the relevant legislation.

you may need to read this below to get an idea of the legislation that i have compiled

Power to remove trespassers on land.

Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994

Even though trespass is a civil matter, the above Act creates a crime of collective trespass.

In this short essay, I will explain the legal position on removing trespassers from private land. The statutory legislation that supports this process is contained within the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994.

The relevant section is Part V of the said Act.

A senior police officer present can direct a trespasser off private land where the occupier has already taken reasonable steps to ask them to do so, and that the landowner now considers that person to be trespassing on his land. The police officer must have reasonable belief that two or more persons are trespassing before directing them to leave. The legislation is contained under Section 61(1) of the said Act.

Under Section 61(1) (a) and Section 61(1) (b)) of the said Act:

The police officer has to have reasonable suspicion that any trespassers has caused damage to the land or property, and using threatening, abusive or insulting words towards the occupier, family member or agent of the land owner. Section 61(1) (b) of the said Act also prohibits that those persons have six or more vehicles on the land at any one time.

If after receiving a direction by a police constable to leave to leave the land under Section 61(1) of the said Act, and fails to leave the land as soon as reasonably practicable, the trespasser shall commit an offence.

If the trespasser returns to the private land again after being directed to leave by a police officer within a three month period, the trespasser shall commit an offence. On summary conviction, the trespasser is liable to a term of imprisonment not exceeding three months, or a fine not exceeding a level 4 on the standard scale, or both.

Now for the main question

The above legislation is for land, but take a shopping center which is open to the public, but private property. If a teenager is skateboarding in the shopping center,

By what Statutory Authority can

!/The security guards remove the individual if he refuses to leave the shopping center

2/By what authority can the police remove an individual being its a civil offence of trespass

Its statutory regulations that i am after to the above questions

thanks for reading

I would think that the police can remove under something like public nusience I would have thought that the security guards have no more powers than a member of the public, not sure that tresspass would come into the equation as if the skateborders didnt have skateboards then i assume they wouldnt be asked to leave and having a skateboard dosnt then turn them into a trespasser.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

what about a security guard wanting to remove a street performer from a shopping center saying the shopping center is private but open to the public property. The security then states he is trespassing as consent has been withdrawn allowing the street performer onto the private property

it is the statutory powers that the security guard has in removing the street performer, and the powers the police have if requested to attend is what i am after, being that trespass is a civil tort

not cheat, i am trying to find the statutory legislation private security use to expel alleged trespassers, either with, or encouraged force

or has it become an accepted practice with no statutory requirement

i cannot find any legislation except the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act

any takers

And if they are Im not sure the Legal Forum is the right place to conduct your research...this is a self help forum to advise and help people with genuine legal problems.

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread