Tax Refund Company

5bellies
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had heard of them.

I have a flyer, saying they can check my tax for the last four years, and most people benefit from a refund.

If I am indeed eligable for a refund they then take £0.39 for every pound collected.

So If I go for it and am due say £1000 I get £610 - which granted is £610 I wouldn't have known about.

Doe anyone know what they actually check for? Could I do it myself, or is just letting them do the work and getting whatever back good enough?

Thanks in advance

Hello there, I'm sorry you haven't had any answers.

I think you could hit the nail on the head with your assessment of these people and yes, you can reclaim your own tax.

Do they have a website you can post a link to please? And are you PAYE?

Also, what happens if they look at your case and you're not owed money?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Do they charge an unfront fee or just rip you off at the back end? If you are on PAYE (employed with no other income) then your tax affairs are usually correct. You could always just contact HMRC and ask them for their fugures for the past 5 years. you will get a huge roll of indecipherable toilet paper but your earnings and tax and NI paid and your personal and other allowances should be fairly easy to spot. If you receive tax credits or the like not so easy to spot errors but there are online calculators that give a pretty close answer to what you should be getting. Ask your employer for their figures if you dont have your P60's