• Tweets

• You can't, but you can (and really should) bring up the point that the lender isn't meeting their legal obligations in selling the property for fair market value. You'll have to do this in court, though.     A receiver is bought in by the lender, not you. If they're a registered insolvency practitioner, you may be able to raise a complaint to the insolvency service but there are no guarantees here. Many receivers are also registered with the RICS and self-regulate so if you know the name of the receiver you can check there, again no guarantees.   https://www.rics.org/surveyor-careers/career-development/accreditations/registered-property-receivership-scheme
    • China green-lights mass production of autonomous flying taxis — with commercial flights set for 2025 | Live Science WWW.LIVESCIENCE.COM The EHang EH216-S autonomous flying taxi is the first eVTOL ready for mass production and could lead the way for flying cars around...  
    • Lolerz - I don't understand you.  Rebuked you?   No. I simply replied to your orange comments with legal facts as I know them.  I've already worked through the s42 and s146 issues - over the last 3-4y - and these issues are (mostly) resolved legally.  In terms of posting evidence.  Sure I can post some.  But my most recent questions have been a) how can I enforce a sale before trial?  And b) how can I make a complaint and/or a claim v receiver? (E.g. to which body do I complain?).  At the mo I'm asking for some helpful pointers on those specific questions??  I'm not asking for help with how to prove or present evidence. Fwiw - all evidence for trial has been disclosed (although additions are poss). The lender sent me like 10,000 emails and docs.  There's also 000s of emails, docs, photos, videos, recordings and texts that relate to freeholders/ me.   I read, filed and categorised everything for ease of future reference.  Witness statements and evidence were prepared for trial in the 42 and 146 matters. (now joined with current claim to save duplication).  I've lived the process before.  My current statement and linked evidence has taken like 6 months to draft/ write - to ensure I can succinctly prove my defence and counterclaim points.   Whether I can convince a judge at trial w/o lawyer / barrister is debatable 🙄   But I've prepared.  And continue to try better prepare - which is why I visit this site (and clinics).  This is NOT my business or expertise at all.  I'm just trying.  Not that anyone should ever have to justify why they need help if they ask politely! 
    • Thanks for the other info will also take a look at that.
    • It doesn't use the word reconstructed in the cover letter.  Although, I have just noticed on the cover letter they have asked me to complete a financial statement and offer a repayment within the next 10 days, or they will continue to follow court directions.  They sent a separate letter on the same day advising me they will be continuing with their claim ?  They have done the same for both claims.  Is it worth just doing that - doing the financial breakdown and offering a x amount.    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

E-cigarettes - miracle or menace?

NewsBot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Still not as nice and as satisfying as the real thing though eh

I now find the thought of smoking a "real cigarette" as dirty, disgusting, expensive, smelly and unhealthy habit so in my opinion, e-cig is more satisfying than the real thing.

Received the "clearomisers" during the week and happy with them. Will do more of an update later as got to go out and get mothers day card/present now.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot understand why there is a call for these to be regulated. Its a vapour for goodness sake.

Most Ventolin inhalers give off a vapour, but are these regulated to where you can use them? no, so why regulate these.

If people cannot see the difference between a cigarette and an E-cig then I am afraid they are very silly, You can smell a cigarette before you see it so that would be a start, plus many have a blue or green light so to show they are not real.

I have been making my own e-juice for over 6 months now, all it is is vegetable glycerine and menthol crystals. I dont use nicotine any more as this is the choice I made, taste didnt change and to be honest I did really notice any difference.

Neither ingredient is toxic or can harm ones health. It is a great way to help you give up smoking :)

I disagree with you tbh. I have been around real smokers and not felt tempted at all. I think the point for me was seeing and smelling a dirty ashtray......now that turned my stomach.

Looking out from our bay window the other day I saw a girl in a hoody coming down the street. I said out loud 'wow look at her, she is absolutely gorgeous'. My wife looked out and said 'but you can't see her, her face is obscured', I replied 'ah, but she has a ciggy in her mouth so that makes her beautiful'.

I've been off 60 odd per day for 2 years now and won't be going back on them ever again, but I do look at others sometimes with jealousy remembering what the taste and feel was like.

Several points here,

Ventolin inhalers use the same glycerin as used in nicotine inhalers so they must be safe, so why try to regulate them ?

Obviously, TAX.:mad2:

Unfortunately I agree.:-(

I'll say again (if I haven't said it before),

E-cigs/ vaporisers = Zero tar and NO 4000 carcinogenic chemicals,

tobacco products = coffin nails and tar and 4000 carcinogenic chemicals.

People can see the difference between smokers and vapers it's just that the antismoking league sees them as being in the same "dirty smoker" group and want to ban them.

Smoking has been demonised in the last few years so anything that looks like smoking is regarded as the work of the devil and must be destroyed, unless the powers that be can make money out of it. :!:

Oh look, the EU parliament wants to "regulate" non tobacco products under the tobacco product regulations.

Call me cynical but that sounds like an attempt to introduce taxation on a product that is so harmless that if the EU did introduce regulations all the Vapers would do is make their own.

Conniff has said that he was a 60 a day smoker and gave up 2 years ago but still envies the smoker (I think that's what he meant ).

Well I have nothing but praise for anybody who can do that, I wish I could just stop but l quite like my nicotine addiction along with the alcohol and caffeine and chocolate and cointreau and baileys etc, etc....

Edited by Conniff

Illegitimi non carborundum

I don't have a craving for a ciggy, but I'm not going to lie and boast 'yea, all's fine and I feel wonderful', to be honest, I don't feel any different. It wasn't really health reason that made me give them up, although that was always in my mind, it was the cost of it which also must be added my wife's packet per day as well. Now a pensioner, I couldn't afford it any longer and cutting down just didn't bring the satisfaction.

Yes smoking does all those things mentioned above and we are better without them in a number of ways, but I would never run a smoker down.

I think it was, (for want of better words) easier for may age group to start than it is today. Smoking was everywhere, in the movies, on tv (and not just in plays etc) there were ashtrays on the discussion desks like in panorama or the politics show, so it was all around and more or less became the 'norm' to buy a pack and give it a go.

We used the nicorette inhaler which is nicotine and it really does take the craving away. We still have a box in the house for those moments where you really could fancy one.

I say, if you aren't worried about health, (and you should be) and can afford it, then go ahead, enjoy yourself, life is a lot shorter than we think, I know, I've been there.

I dont regret giving up and I dont miss it, I certainly dont miss the smell, but I cant say I am healthier as I am not, in fact my asthma has come back and is quite bad and my legs have started to swell quite a lot since giving up too. GP has told me that this can happen after giving up and is quite common.

I have saved quite a lot of money though which is a bonus and have treated my self on occasion. My home smell's nicer as do my clothes.

I have to say I am becoming a bit of a grouch when I see or smell smoke. :lol:

I hope I didn't sound as if I regretted it, completely the opposite, it's the best thing I have ever done in my life. It wasn't the easiest thing I've done but definitely the most satisfying.

In a couple of weeks it will a year since I lit a cigarette. There isn't a method I hadn't tried over the years and e-cigs worked for me. The difference in my health and well being is measurable. I'd reached the stage of getting breathless walking up the stairs and I do mean walking, running would have been out of the question. My lung function is much improved. I admit to being a weak willed addict. I don't pretend to have given up, my only claim is not lighting up. E-cigs are not about 'quitting' nicotine. They are about harm reduction.

I started using electronic cigarttes over a year ago (one of the first on the scene). It was expensive originally as I use to get them from the shops, but since Ive found online supplier I spend about 15-18 a month on liquid refill and have to buy a new battery for my tornado tank every once and a while. I quit with ease and i reckon most people could if they stuck with it. Most of my friends who tried it just said it was horrible and never tconsidered it. I didnt like it at first but usuing it for 2 days straight it really grew on me and the thought of smoking a real cigarette makes me sick(unless Ive had a few drinks). Over a year and counting since my last real ciggy.

Really? They've been around about 5 years
Imitation cigs have been around for some time but the Tornado brand are fairly new and are a bit "upper class" (which means I can't afford them) .

I gave up smoking a month ago, I use a clearomiser instead, it's not smoking, there is no smoke, I get my nicotine when and how I want it just the same way I get my alcohol, caffeine, sugar or whatever.

I've been amazed at how easily I gave up smoking by using a vaporiser after all other attempts failed.

The outlay for a tornado is a bit pricey originally but I save so much much money on the refills rather than buying cartridiges from the shops. Id get through one cartridge a day when i smoked elites costing me 4 pound a day. Whilst I buy one small refill (10 ml) of TECC fluid and itll last me a week at about 5 pound a pop. Massive saving.

I didnt relise they been around for 5 years, Id only seen one person smoking them before I started, then in the following months it became super popular. If I took it out in the pub Id be centre of attention which was wierd.I Now if you go into to a pub your guarenteed to see some one with one. I saw an 83 year old smoking one the other day, was glad to see even the elderly are taking to this new (ish) technology.

I'd never heard of the Tornado so I looked it up. Anything rebranded by an importer will a. add to the price and b. mean you'll never know the manufacturer. I use Ego batteries but only would only ever buy genuine Joyetech. I tend to stick to suppliers like Vape Escape and EcigWizard because I know they have the genuine article.

My battery does break fairly often. The little button on it is a litttle delicate at times. Joytech stuff is more expensive by the looks of it. Ill take at the supplies you suggested. Im also worried about the fluids that are imported from china, who knows whats in them. W

If you are worried about what's in e-juice, have a look at what's in the 'Nicorette QuickMist', pretty much the same as in e-liquid but then there's at least 4 things that I can't pronounce and at the end they contain HYDROCHLORIC ACID??

http://www.boots.com/en/Nicorette-QuickMist-1mg-spray-mouthspray_1208089/

(Scroll down to the ingredients.)

"propylene glycol, anhydrous ethanol, trometamol, poloxamer 407, glycerol, sodium hydrogen carbonate, levomenthol, mint flavour, cooling flavour, sucralose, acesulflame potassium, hydrochloric acid, purified water."

This is what our government allows while trying to stop vaping?

The whole e-cig thing was invented in China and there are so many companies, importers, retailers etc. it's hard to figure out the best place to buy.

for example look here, http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/import-electronic-cigarette.html

wonderful prices if you can buy in bulk (10 items minimum) and usually pretty good delivery times and customer feedback but, BE CAREFUL

I buy Hangsen liquid which is Chinese but highly recommended and can be bought for 5 X 10ml for £15

'Puffin are a bit dearer but make their own and have sales on a regular basis and are UK based(free postage)

As far as the hardware is concerned have a look at Vaping Vision, (again free postage) small wholesaler with good prices and sells the Hangsen liquid.

How you break the button on an EGO-t battery is puzzling but there is now a battery available without a button, it works when you suck but not readily available yet, have a look on the importers site.

Oh and don't forget there are 700,00 people in the UK using e-cigs and the prediction is that it will reach 1,000,000 this year.

That's 1,000,000 people not smoking and not paying tobacco tax.

That's 1,000,000 people living healthier lives, reducing the demands on the NHS and hopefully allowing the NHS to spend more money on other diseases.

Another thing, apparently in Australia the e-liquid is banned because it contains nicotine which is classed as a poison (Vapers have to buy it on line), but you can legally buy a pack of cigs with the 4,000 other carcinogenic chemicals. figure that out???

Seems they are not permitted at the Manchester city Football grounds - a fan was evicted and had his season ticket suspended for puffing on one !

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-city-fans-fury-ban-1811365

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

I used to do mouth tobacco and then smoking, and now i use e-cigarettes, i stopped smoking real ones as soon as i found the right one for me. Dont give up if you dont like one brand of e ciggs, if you start on a stronger one you get that really nice feeling at the back of your throat, the weaker ones dont give you this. Gamucci are smooth and litejoy are strong as hell, but nice to have both ;).

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an EGO-T type A 900mah starter pack from here http://www.vapeland.co.uk/e-cig-starter-kits-10-c.asp

Got menthol and RY4 16mg liquids just charging the second battery up now.

It's a bit daunting all this but thanks to the interent

Review of EGO-T

Plus this seams to be informative on getting started http://www.guides.modernvapor.com/transition-to-e-cigs.php

Been on the nicotine nasal spray (crack of the nic replacement lines good stuff) for over a year. Kept getting knocked into high usage then eventually smoking again last month so thought what the hell!

Any tips for new starters?

I'm a bit concerned about over usage and increasing my nicotine dependence short term.

Especially as I got the head spinners off my 1st popper vape :lol:

Oh and don't forget there are 700,00 people in the UK using e-cigs and the prediction is that it will reach 1,000,000 this year.

That's 1,000,000 people not smoking and not paying tobacco tax.

That's 1,000,000 people living healthier lives, reducing the demands on the NHS and hopefully allowing the NHS to spend more money on other diseases.

I am just waiting on the chancellor working out how best he can get a tax added to e-ciggies.. because the above figures are a lot of tax money to lose.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I'm still having issues here!

Do I smoke this like a normal cig?

I'm just taking a double 10 sec toke or 2 every hour or so.

Should I go to a higher strength liquid 24/26mg then drop it down to 16/18 then less?

Help!

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't seen anyone mention NICE (National Institute for Clinical Excellence). THey have told pharmacies which sell them to make sure people understand that these AREN'T a form of NRT and they aren't NICe approved as they then't listed as a medicine or a form of therapy.

Even as an ex smoker (smoked for 19 years) which quit thanks to the help from the NHS and their cessation courses, I never touched them. It was bad enough breathing in toxic fumes riddled with tar from cigarettes into my lungs let alone breathing in vapour from a device made in a third world country renowned for its cheap low-end quality goods.

I personally would advise you to stick to the devices and methods which HAVE been studies and tested by the health professionals of this world. You only have one set of lungs, which now I realise are used for air and not funky vapours nor smoke :D

Anyway, thats my tuppence :D

It was bad enough breathing in toxic fumes riddled with tar from cigarettes

into my lungs let alone breathing in vapour from a device made in a third world

country renowned for its cheap low-end quality goods.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Whereas the 'hardware' I use is manufactured in China (like many household goods) the liquid is pharmaceutical grade produced here in the UK. It is already accepted as safe when used in smoke machines in nightclubs etc. and has been for years.