Atos

MrNobody
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Went for a medical assessment this morning accompanying someone and the centre was closed.

Went across the road to JCP who told us it was closed until Tuesday and they don't know why and that we should have been informed - we weren't.

We should get another appointment, but we don't know when.

Had to cancel another appointment because ATOS wouldn't let this one be cancelled and I wanted to attend with the person.

Have I missed anything in the news? Have ATOS finally been overturned? Yeah, right.

:Mr Nobody:

Read what happened to me earlier this year. #11 at;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?375733-Atos-Assessment-in-need-of-an-Audio-Recorder/

Through local knowledge we've since found out that it was nothing to do with LIMA or audio recorded messicals but we can't find out for sure why the assessment centre did some messicals that day but not others.

Sincerely, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

Unfortunately we'd probably be sanctioned fortrying to sanction them. Maybe they were assessed and deemed not fit for work yesterday?

Starryeyes - wow, you went through it! I hope everything is sorted now????? Atos do have a big reputation....and not in a good way!

I lost my first WCA scoring zero points, but won support group status at tribunal. Am also surprised, but incredibly thankful, that I've been left in support group after my renewal. This time, they are leaving me alone for longer too.

My experience has been a lot easier than I'd worked myself up into thinking it was going to be. Yes, initially it was a stressful time, but thankfully, for now at least, they are being nice and leaving me alone.

It really does all depend on who you see. I saw a really nice Lady who was really helpful, BUT i also took my support worker with me so maybe thats why it went well.

My flatmate on the other hand, went into the medical alone and saw a guy in a wheelchair who is notorious for failing anyone who is more able bodied than him. He seems to have the view that if he can work everyone else can. What a suprise then that the whole report was full of lies.

Really wondered if they had genuinly mixed him up with someone else as a couple of times on the DM report, someone elses name was used.

• 2 weeks later...

No letter regarding a new date yet (probably tomorrow now I have posted). I wouldn't put it past them to fail her as she 'did not attend' and try that trick.

Thanks for the replies everybody.

Good luck Margaret in getting it fully sorted!

• 1 month later...

Hello

Well, she went on 8th March and has received a letter today.

She was on Income Support but is moving over to ESA - Work Related Group. It says this starts on 30th April and her money is kept the same as it is now.

Does this imply that she has 'passed' her medical assessment? There is no clear indication. The closest to it is ""This will replace your incapacity benefit, income support on the grounds of illness, disability or Severe Disablement Allowance.

It has various bits saying "You may need to have work focused, health related assessment" Does this mean she may have to have another medical soon?

In the past, the letters I have seen told you that you passed or not, this isn't clear.

She's as confused as me.

Thanks for any help.

PS - It doesn't state how many points she received anywhere.

Hello

Well, she went on 8th March and has received a letter today.

She was on Income Support but is moving over to ESA - Work Related Group. It says this starts on 30th April and her money is kept the same as it is now.

Does this imply that she has 'passed' her medical assessment? There is no clear indication. The closest to it is ""This will replace your incapacity benefit, income support on the grounds of illness, disability or Severe Disablement Allowance.

It has various bits saying "You may need to have work focused, health related assessment" Does this mean she may have to have another medical soon?

In the past, the letters I have seen told you that you passed or not, this isn't clear.

She's as confused as me.

Thanks for any help.

PS - It doesn't state how many points she received anywhere.

File it under confused..

The more I read the letter and google what it means, I think she has been awarded Income Based ESA in the WRAG as it doesn't start until 30th April and will receive Income Support until then.

Yes I would think she has passed and is in the WRAG group, and will likely hear about WFI on or from the April date. Just make sure she/you know her rights etc so she doesn't get taken advantage of. Am sure it will be fine but always pays to have a heads up on what to expect and what to do if the unexpected should happen lol......but that's just me.

Thanks Ruby...She already attends Work Focused Interviews every 3/4 weeks with a very supportive adviser, albeit with support as she is keen to try and do something. She was told by her adviser that this wouldn't change if she was placed on ESA. I hope this is true.

well that's all good then .... well done and I wish her all the best with this. I would think the gumph about assessing just means that they do these periodically as we all know, I think its possible that you can ring and find out how long before they will assess again. Am sure I have read on here somewhere that people have found out how long they have been put into a group for.

I think we may just leave it and let her rest after all of the stress she's been under and deal with the re-assessment when it comes up. Who knows, she may be doing something by then.

I also just noticed their is an ATOS Sub Forum.