HSBC purposely obstructing PPI reclaimants.. disgusting!!!

Stan**
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

We recently wrote to HSBC with SAR covering all accounts ever held by my wife with HSBC. They wrote back saying they had tried calling to discuss (they hadnt tried calling) and for OH to call them back. When she did, they tried to put her off requesting data of accounts, OH put it bluntly that it was her right to have it for her own records.

A few days later she receievd a letter, confirming SAR was being processed, however they are claiming all details of PPI insurance cant be delivered as it is handled by a seperate entity - HSBC Insurance services something or other, and that we needed to write to them with another £10 fee.

My question is, is this correct? Surely if they had been applying an insurance charge, no matter the provider, they details of this would be on my OH transactions?

Following that, if she was to make a PPI claim, who would it be against?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Stan

Right, you do not need to contact the insurance division.....all of the data you would need would be held by the bank.

What you are after in respect of the SAR are ideally copies of any and all agreements together with full transaction history.

The bank are required by law to send you all of the data they hold on you for all accounts within 40 days of receipt of the SAR.

Stick with the SAR request you have already done. Failure to comply is worth a complaint to the ICO and if necessary is also actionable in court to force compliance together with damages at the court's discretion.

As far as who the claim is against, if it was a loan and/or credit card from HSBC then it will be the lender who is responsible.

There should be no need to discuss a SAR response on the phone....the banks know very well what they have to do but will try and put people off in an attempt to mitigate their payouts.

Don't be fobbed off by them.

thats the 2nd bank this week thats pulled that stunt

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

changed the title and put it on their twitter feed too

lets shame them publically all over the world.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

SAR =40 DAYS, no more than that, if HSBC are late immediate complaint to ICO as HSBC have stated to ICO that steps have been taken to correct procedures to comply with the 40 day deadline, I have it in writing, we know HSBC have ignored on one or more occasion since as reported on sites.

So Please ensure that you keep any request simple if you are asking HSBC anything!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I had the same letter sent to me and when I called them to ask about it, the lady explained that because the PPI had been sorted through a different area, I had to send a £10 cheque requesting all data from them. Now having read this post I too will wait for my SAR to be completed.

On that note, I have received a letter today informing me that "2 large heavy boxes are ready for collection from my local branch". It has only taken them 31 days from posting letter to receiving letter today, although, what they have actually sent me is yet to be seen!!

As expected, HSBC have not sent all data requested. My credit card statements only begin from Feb 2005, the card was taken out in 1997 when I was a student. I have got the letter ready to send telling them to send the rest of the data or I will take it to the next level. Not sure they will go back that far though, they will just state the 6 year waffle.

try

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Update -

So after a couple of evasive letters and calls from HSBC Data Protection woman,

my OH has received to large boxes, full of reams of internal layout statements i.e. very hard to identify!!

Interestingly, the covering letter identifies all the accounts we know she held with HSBC, 7 in total, but against 3 of these it says something like "closure date unknown".

And more interesting lt we think these are the ones which would have had PPI in with them.

So:1) Im guessing HSBC arent obliged to send anything other than the disiferable mess they have sent, in terms of statment layout? These arent easy to read!

2) There is still no hint of PPI breakdown

3) They insist that PPI transactions can only be supplied by there insurance dept.

They are a real pain to deal with!

ANY help/pointers/advice is greatly welcomed!!

write with the failure to comply letter

giving them 14 days before you file a complaint with the ICO

dx

and they

Do you have any recomendation for wording, or a template I can use?And to confirm, are we stating failure to comply due to lack of relevent PPI information, of how they have presented the data, or both? or something else?!Thanks for your help :)

just tell them they have failed to supply XYZ data

under your SAR

if they do not supply the required info within 14 day

you will open a complaint with the ICO

dx

and they