Marston High Court Enforcers & Bailiffs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I came home the other day to find a letter pushed through my door from the above company saying I owed them £600 and they were collecting on behalf of HMRC. Two days later a removal notice was pushed through my door saying that they would come in and take goods for auction, when I rang the office dealing with the case as I have no idea what its for I was told it could be a tax disc that was paid for and the payment bounced and that they had contacted me before and I had emailed them and spoken to them in 2010, I have never had a letter from them for this, I asked them what car it referred to but the officer also said he didn’t have details of the case so I rang their office and asked them to be told very aggressively that now it was passed to an officer that unless I was going to pay the full amount they were not going to talk to me. I am now in a position where I have this aggressive man about to force entry into the house and take goods, I lived in a furnished rented property and cant get through to the court to find out what its about where. What do I do?

They need to provide you with the details of what is owed and why. As far as I know they cannot force entry to a domestic house, unless they have specific authority from the court. Normally you would be given the opportunity of going back to the court, before this would be granted.

Ask Marstons for details of the court and their reference number, so you can obtain the details from them. Advise them that if no do not supply the details, you will call the Police and ask them to intervene, as they are threatening to break into your house, without the providing details of the court authority.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi and thanks for your replies, i did ask them for the reference number and they said they dont have one, have tried calling the court (got the number from the web) however its engaged all the time. I am assuming its a cheque that it was paid on, but i need to know when/where as i had a cheque book go missing at one point and although the book was cancelled by the bank (and i think i know who took it) i need to be sure, i have only ever paid my road tax by card as i normally do it online

Hi and thanks for your replies, i did ask them for the reference number and they said they dont have one, have tried calling the court (got the number from the web) however its engaged all the time. I am assuming its a cheque that it was paid on, but i need to know when/where as i had a cheque book go missing at one point and although the book was cancelled by the bank (and i think i know who took it) i need to be sure, i have only ever paid my road tax by card as i normally do it online

If you have the vehicle registrations, have you thought about contacting DVLA to see if they know anything about it.

If you paid by cheque and this bounced, it must have been a tax disc you renewed at the Post Office. I don't think you can send cheques to DVLA to renew them.

It could be a mistake by Marstons, as it is not unknown for them to trace the wrong person. Could it be the previous owner of a car, that had not paid for the tax disc ? You need to have the details, so you can make sure the debt is definitely yours to pay.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Yes definitely check it is your debt, marstons bullies don't care if the debt isn't yours, they will force you to pay it if they can.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Yes definitely check it is your debt, marstons bullies don't care if the debt isn't yours, they will force you to pay it if they can.

spoken to the court, as this has now been passed to the bailif there is nothing they can do and it has to be paid in full, on the up side i now have an appointment with the CAB friday 28th Dec

its the correct address but i havent received the letters, court are saying nothing they can do, marston head office dont want to know, bailif says i have to pay in full, but court did advise me he is not allowed to get aggressive with me, and i know not to answer the door to them!